Video source plugin (OBS Classic only)

thelaumix

It seems that there have been lots of rumors refering to a hotkey support for this plugin - Is it possible to hope for such a feature in a future version of this plugin?

Gregg G

I couldn't find this plugin (Video source plugin) available for Mac OS. Does anyone know if one is available and where I can find it?

Thanks in advance,

-Gregg

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
The media source is included in the multiplatform build to play videos, no need to download anything.

MichaelAverage

Hello, this plugin is great but i have one thing that can be added to make it even more awesome.
there is way how to use this plugin to do transitions, just add .mov file as global sourse. play it and switch to another scene while your .mov file is playing. but here is what you can do to make it even more awesome. make option to tick to play random video from playlist. that way i can have all transitions in one global source and every time i use it i get one of many not only the one

anujm

I'm using this plugin along with the AMD VCE branch to have an input stream transcoded & streamed. The quality of the encoded stream isn't what it should be. I'm guessing it's because of the VLC decode engine. Is there a way to know or ensure if VLC is using AMD UVD to decode the video source? Is the decoded stream then copied to a buffer & passed on to OBS? Thanks.

anujm

I have added a PR to use avcodec-hw instead of ffmpeg-hw. The CPU usage has gone down now from 20 to 14% for me using DXVA acceleration for decodes. The PSNR/SSIM values are also much better now. There's still scope for improvement if I compare it to the quality that I get from the AMD SDK.

Kali Muscle

I've installed the plugin correctly, but I'm not getting the option to add a new video source in OBS. I've tried 32-bit and 64-bit. Please help?

mcpeterc

Hi.
I have a problem with playing some .mov. The video plays for a secound then stops for several secounds and then shows the end of the video.
It looks like a buffer problem. Here's a video of the problem: https://youtu.be/aabNoYwehEk

as you can see my homemade .mov file is playing just fine but the fire explotion is stopping.
When I click properties of the fire explotion file I can see its Data Rate is 80568kpbs if that matters?

happens in both 32/64bit OBS

Last edited:

Joao Silva

Hello.

I'd like to use your plugin, but it causes my OBS to freeze whenever I try to open it. I'm using the 64bit version, I tried the 32bit but still the same result. :(

Valcos

I have an overlay for twitch that has animations and a black background. If there any way to remove the black background with the video source plugin, because I need the screen behind to be visible :P

Brooklyn11218

Hi, So I've updated to the newest version of OBS v0.651b and now none of the videos play audio. Is this an incompatibility with the new version or something on my end that needs fixing? Thanks.

TickleMeBuddha

Ok So Im having an issue with this i download the 64bit link ,copy and paste the 64 bit version in to the plugins folder and then try to open obs obs tells me that its the 32bit version. so for fun do the same into the 32bit version and try to open the 32 bit obs and then it tells me that its for the 64 bit version anyone know what i can do to fix this

thejdubb02

I would really like to see the ability in the Video Source Plugin (right now) and in the multiplatform later, for the ability to run the video on a timed interval. For example, I made a small high quality view for my social media information and would love to have it run the video every 15 mins or so.

Manofchalk

Hi, any news on a possible Chrome Key feature for the OBS Video Plugin?

As of now there is no good way to run animated overlays through OBS. Flash or web content through the CLR Plugin isnt the greatest, and transparent video inherently comes with ridiculous file sizes. Being able to Chroma Key footage in the plugin would be immensely helpful.

I have an issue with the OBS Video Source Plugin where the audio of a video source continues playing in the background when I change scenes. It is layering audio from various video sources from different scenes whenever I switch scenes to a scene with a video containing audio.
Is there anything I could do to prevent this?

Using the latest OBS with the VSP 1.0-19 64bit from here on 64bit Windows 8.1.
I just realized the upsampling might be broken as well, since I get crackling when playing back an 44.1kHz encoded video on a system that is set to 48kHz. The crackling disappears when I set the AD/DA to 44.1kHz.
Crackling also happens in VLC, but not in the Windows media player by the way.

Faruton

Developer
If it is playing in the background then you created it as a global source. If you create a normal source it will stop/restart when switching scenes.

There very well could be an issue with sampling, I don't really remember what I did in this area.

If it is playing in the background then you created it as a global source. If you create a normal source it will stop/restart when switching scenes.

There very well could be an issue with sampling, I don't really remember what I did in this area.

Yep. Thats it exactly. Thanks for your help!

The sampling thing might or might not be an issue since VLC has the same 'problem'. Might be a setup error on my behalf which the Windows Media Player attempts to correct, but VLC and the Video Plugin don't, cause they assume the user is capable of setting things up correctly. ;)