Video source plugin (OBS Classic only)

jamiehughes

When i install the plugin OBS crashes out without even loading main screen. I get the message in the logs:

Video Source Plugin strings not found, dynamically loading 52 strings

(this is when VSP is the only plugin, i have also tried it with multiple others and installed ffmpeg)

quadlt

Hey everyone,
I'm trying to play music in the stream without hearing it myself and it comes out too loud by default. I've tried moving the 'Video Volume' slider under Audio, but it completely doesn't change anything, music stays thee same. Any ideas?

maxfaction

Really wish this plug-in could have basic music player features like:
  • PLAY FROM START
  • PLAY/RESUME
  • PAUSE
  • STOP
  • SKIP
And programmable HOTKEYS for each one.

Jake Blackwell

So I just installed the plugin (aka unzipped it to my C:\Program Files\OBS\plugins) but OBS does not recognize it as it is not listed in my list of plugins. I've attempted to download it and reinstall it many times including using both winrar and 7zip yet it still doesn't list in the plugins window.

Any ideas?

D

Deleted member 30350

You're probably running 32bit OBS. Program Files = 64bit, Program Files (x86) = 32bit.

ball2hi

Does anyone know how to get this plugin to shuffle the videos? I made a bunch of highlights together in one folder and I want to have the videos be randomized in what order they'll be played every now and then, so everything has a potential to be seen.

Nephophobic

Any way to get the name of the video currently playing? I'd like to couple a bot to your playlist, giving to the viewers more details about the video that's being played. If you know a way to make that work, please tell me, thanks!

Also, a shuffle option would be great.

Actually, being able to launch the videos with some sort of script would be absolutely awesome. Anyone know if there is something to be able to do that sort of things?

Last edited:

NikonPunch

Apologies if someone already asked this. Is there a way to add an audio delay to the plug-in? When streaming on my Elgato I have to put in an audio delay. I can sync everything up except for this plug-in.

I have used this for a very long time and it has worked great so thanks for your hard work Dev :D

Booyaah

Okay so this is wierd, the plugin works fine on my one scene using 'play to stream'. When I switch to another scene without the video source, I can still hear the music from the video playing like it hasn't stopped. Seems strange, using 64-bit OBS.

update: Okay I think the problem was I added the video source as a global source. Apparently it plays it between scenes if you do. So basically you will need to make a new local video source for each scene to not have it bleed into other scenes.

Last edited:

Manofchalk

Any word on possible Chroma Key capabilities?
Currently there is no good solution to using transparent footage in OBS. Transparent FLV's crash OBS because it only supports the Sorenson Spark codec, and transparent MOV or AVI's are ridiculously large in size.

NikonPunch

Any word on possible Chroma Key capabilities?
Currently there is no good solution to using transparent footage in OBS. Transparent FLV's crash OBS because it only supports the Sorenson Spark codec, and transparent MOV or AVI's are ridiculously large in size.
I use multiple video sources with alpha channels. It works just fine. Buy a SSD and put everything on that. They are cheap enough now it shouldn't break the bank.

If you really don't want to do that the new MultiPlatform version has the feature you're requesting. It also has the feature I requested so I no longer need help with my issue. Thank you!

djrexy

I got problem with this plugin, when i change scene video is changed but audio is still from previous video scene.

Mikkel

Hey guys.
I'm using windows 8.1 64bit and trying to install the 64bit version, but when I open up OBS, it's like it was never there.
No video option and it doesn't show in the plugins list?

I've triple checked everything and tried with both 64 AND 32, no luck.

Also, using the most up to date version of OBS.

Any ideas?

tripwires

Is this plugin still being developed. I'm trying to fit in a shuffle functionality into this plugin.
So was looking for the blessing from the original developer.