Video source plugin (OBS Classic only)

tehMorag

Any update on when we can get Webm as a format that shows up when adding a file?

You can force it by using a URL or using the file path but it doesnt loop correctly (has a small pause) and has no transparency

Is it possible to solve the problem with mute during the Scene Buffering Time?
I noticed that if i use this plugin to add an intro, it will start before the buffering, meaning the first (700ms default) is lost.

EDIT: Okay it seems this is a bit random.

naseem

I would like to know if there are plans to add Cropping and chroma key options? it can greatly benefit high quality motion graphics

Thank you

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
If you're outputting motion graphics from AfterEffects, you can save with alpha and it should be properly transparent.

You can already crop any source in OBS by holding the Alt button while dragging a source's edge.

naseem

If you're outputting motion graphics from AfterEffects, you can save with alpha and it should be properly transparent.

You can already crop any source in OBS by holding the Alt button while dragging a source's edge.

the only video format i know of in after effect that accept alpha is an uncompressed AVI file, but its very costly in file size and its not practical to use them as wipers and scoreboard etc. adobe removed FLV from there encoder as they said that its obsolete and old legacy format. it was the only format that supported alpha channel and was very good in file size compression

network4me

hi everyone
Thanks to the amazing lightweight yet effective OBS i am not thinking about Camtasia, after knowing OBS and its down scaling limitations i found this video source plugin witch i am not able to work, don't know if its a bug and should be reported on the bug thread or i am doing something wrong, please let me know ?

I only use OBS for file only output work ,windows and desktop capture with audio working fine, no error what so ever, only when i try to use video source it crashed.

I am attaching crash log, dump, and other system info of machine

Above was the try out from non installer OBS 64 bit, earlier i have tried installer version and produced same result .

Please let me know what else i can do or provide info to solve working a default videos source feature for a default OBS setup

Attachments

• OBSCrashDump2014-12-13_1.dmp
    351.9 KB · Views: 60
  • OBSCrashLog2014-12-13_1.txt
    3.9 KB · Views: 31
  • dxdiag1.jpg
    dxdiag1.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 39
  • windows7applicationlog1.jpg
    windows7applicationlog1.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 39
  • windows7applicationlog1_1.jpg
    windows7applicationlog1_1.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 38
  • windows7applicationlog1_2.jpg
    windows7applicationlog1_2.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 38
  • windows7applicationlog1_3.jpg
    windows7applicationlog1_3.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 37

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
@MichaelZD In the "Browse" dialog, type *.* as the filename and hit enter, it will then show all files. Try to open the *.f4v file then.
Assuming it works in VLC, it might work using the plugin too.

safjkadetv

Hey guys, im having a really annoying problem, whenever im trying to paste this into /plugins and launch OBS , it says that the 64x version is made for 32x and so on. i tried swaping them . didnt work. any solutions?

Booyaah

Not sure if this has already been answered, but has anyone requested a 'random' checkbox for video playlists? I'd like to have the option not to have the same video be playing first every time.

PixxelBob

I have created motion graphics in After Effects, exported as Mov with RGB+Alpha the video plays great with this plugin.

Is it possible to have the video hold/freeze on the final frame? At the moment, I think it resets.

This has been asked previously on page two the suggestion of using an image behind the video is not going to work in my instance as the video has alpha so the static image would be visible all the time.

Roughy

Really great work. Thank you very much!!!
I just got a little problem: I'm streaming a f4v-File to youtube live event. Works fine, just picture and sound do not work synchronously. Sound is about one second in advance. Problem with my cpu?
My resolution: 1280x720

Manofchalk

the only video format i know of in after effect that accept alpha is an uncompressed AVI file, but its very costly in file size and its not practical to use them as wipers and scoreboard etc. adobe removed FLV from there encoder as they said that its obsolete and old legacy format. it was the only format that supported alpha channel and was very good in file size compression

I am in a similar position. The only files that work within the OBS Video Plugin that support Alpha are uncompressed AVI and the Quicktime Animation codec, both of which are fairly large. The FLV files mentioned before are the only small file that support transparency I know of, but completely crash OBS and VLC when there is transparency.

The only way I can see around this would be if I could use Chroma key within OBS on the video, so that way were not reliant on Alpha channels which guarantee issues and/or large file sizes. But its not supported....