Video source plugin (OBS Classic only)

TravDood

Is there a way to have the playlist pause and remember it's spot on my playlist when I change scenes. Then have it resume where it left off when I change back to the scene with the video playlist?

MarinoKadame

Is there a way to have the playlist pause and remember it's spot on my playlist when I change scenes. Then have it resume where it left off when I change back to the scene with the video playlist?

I don't think you can. It would be great to have this and a next video option so you don't have to go back to the beginning of the playlist.

SuperDiomiro

I have a problem with the video plugin and .mov files.

I am trying to get my lower thirds from after effects running in my OBS with this plugin, using RGB+Alpha, sotaht it shows transparency.

The problem is: When I start the video on OBS, it plays for about 1-2 seconds and then freezes. That does not happen with other video files. Is there a special encoding I need to do on after effects to make it work?

pitchatan

I have a problem with the video plugin and .mov files.

I am trying to get my lower thirds from after effects running in my OBS with this plugin, using RGB+Alpha, sotaht it shows transparency.

The problem is: When I start the video on OBS, it plays for about 1-2 seconds and then freezes. That does not happen with other video files. Is there a special encoding I need to do on after effects to make it work?

You are probably better off using or converting your videos to avi's, i had the same issues with mov files but transparent avi's work fine for me.

SuperDiomiro

Thanks for the tip. Actually I have the problem that my .avi files are super huge now, resulting in a laggy OBS. What are the best settings for such an .avi file?

aphocus

Is it possible to reduce the buffer/cache time (vlc option --network-caching) I'm trying to use an IP-Cam but the delay is terrible, works fine with VLC with 30ms buffer time.

Edit: specifying the "edit options" (under show more options while opening a file in VLC) input box for each file might be pretty powerful, could mean we can enable any of the VLC based filters without implementing a GUI for every option.

Hi, I love the plugin! It allows me to add transition sort of thing to OBS. As I play the video at the start of each scene then have a static image under the video when it finishes it goes straight into static overlay. The only thing is when I theen click onto another scene and back onto the previous scene the video doesnt play again.

Q: Is there a way to make the video play every time scene is re-selected? Can this be implemented or is this because I have it in Global Sources.

EDIT::

Got it sorted by not putting the videos as Global Sources but just as smooth!!

Last edited:
I got a strange question. I have been using this plugin for a internet radio for gaming music ( http://www.theoldcomputer.com/retro_radio/kohinasolanum.m3u ). Works like a charm but I have found that when I have it set to play to my default audio device that the volume control doesn't work. I think it works fine when I set it to go directly to the stream but I like using it to go to my default so i can hear it while I am playing and so on.

Am I missing something?

Jon1155

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone else was having an issue with getting Video Source to be available on the Add menu in OBS, I have the right version downloaded and placed in the right folder.

I had it working a few versions ago, then an update happened and I cant get it to work again, Ive tried reinstalling each plugin (Adding CLR host and then VSP to see if it was a conflicting plugin) as well as reinstalling OBS again completely.

Be great if anyone can offer a fix for this issue.
Thanks

Last edited:

JHale

Would be cool if subs worked and be able to select a folder and it will play the video files in there. I'm always adding new videos to a folder so it would be great to always keep that updated while it's streaming videos...

Yaya

I seem to be having a problem. I downloaded the plugin and I am using the latest version of OBS but whenever I run it I get an error saying that it wasn't meant to run on windows. Then when i try to run the 64x version of it the app crashes on loadup. Help!

enjoi4853

Hm, so I'm adding a stream and after a while, the audio is out of sync by about a second. When I restart the stream via OBS it works but is there a way I can fix that?

Encarton

Hey there, just reporting an issue with this plugin when using the 'Output audio to stream' option.
For some reason, when I use that option the audio becomes desynced and plays a second or two ahead of the video.

I tried out a variety of videos but kept running into the same problem, even after spending an hour or two trying different Obs setting combinations (such as adjusting encoding options, scene buffering times, and changing everything to the various suggested settings including ones based off internet speed test results).

The only way I've managed to keep the audio in sync with the video is to choose the 'Output audio to device' option. When I did that, the audio would remain in sync without an issue even with my default settings for Obs.

uthman

Like many others, I'm experiencing the dreaded audio synchronization drift issue. For me, the issue is even more pronounced than for others because my rtsp h.264 producing IP cam doesn't have audio, and I'm using my computer's line-in. So the audio comes in at realtime and the video from the ip-cam is already lagged ~1.5sec by default.

What I've noticed though is that as the stream progresses, the audio gets further and further out of sync. FAST. In just 3 minutes, the original 1.5sec difference between the audio and video becomes 5 seconds (eg. +3.5s, or ~ +1sec/60sec synch drift). Of course this makes everything unusable... and there really aren't a lot of options for capturing rtsp h.264 streams for live streaming to youtube....

i've literally altered every option in obs as well as within the vs plugin but to no avail. in the regular 'video' input source, there are two options---use buffering and the ability to output audio to stream only / output audio to desktop that people say between those two, they're able to fix their audio sync issues... but the vsp doesn't realllly have those options.

Also the VSP only accepts integer framerates whereas the regular video input source in obs supports decimal framerates. this is the one thing I haven't attempted test since i can't with VSP, even though I know I'm getting a steady 30 out of my ip cams. =/.

uthman

Correction,

Upon further inspection, it isn't that the audio is getting out of sync... it's the video. The video gets increasingly lagged. So for example, say I'm streaming to a file (rtsp h.264 -> vsp -> obs file broadcast) and I'm previewing the stream live.... in the beginning, the delay between an action and the action showing up on the stream is ~1.5s. A few min in, the delay between an action happening and it being displayed in the stream is ~6sec. There are no jumps or cuts in the stream so the only thing I can imagine is if the video is being recorded / captured by VSP at a slower speed than it's actually being produced.

Adam Wantling

Can someone help me.... I'm trying to install the plugin but just doesn't work. I unzip all the files to my obs plugin file but when I open OBS I get an error saying that libvlccore.dll is missing and the program cannot open. I then created a folder inside the plugin file to put the 300+ files into and leave the VideoSourcePluginWrapper.ddl where all the files originally work and OBS opened but no plugin.

Fresz

ok... everyone is saying how easy this is and I am here like wtf...

Simple question - How to make VLC work with OBS in the way so anything I play in VLC will be displayed in OBS?