Video source plugin (OBS Classic only)

Scubadog2008

Okay, that was the issue, bad download. I noticed that choosing the DirectX audio option results in a clean audio playback from a video, whereas the Win32 option cause audio to cut out. Now, our setup involves the use of a Behringer 12 channel mixer that has full USB capability. We have studio quality mics going into it. My default audio recording in Windows 8.1 is set to the Behringer USB input. Default playback is set to the Behringer USB output. In OBS, when I set the Audio option for the Video Source plugin to "Output audio to stream" we can't hear anything via the sound board. When I set the Video Source plugin to use DirectX and the Behringer USB, I both hear the audio in our mixer and it comes out nicely when we do a test local recording. Will the audio from the Video Source also be hear when we stream, or is it only going to the recording?

Also, I guess I'm not finding the Ustream key correctly because all I get is an error that OBS is attempting to reconnect. I had assumed that for "server" I would add the full path to our Ustream channel, and for the key would be our password.

Faruton

Developer
For visibility I would post the Ustream issue in a separate thread in the help section.

The device will be heard by the viewers if your selected DirectX output device eventually outputs to the device you set as your main audio input device in OBS. (Through virtual cable or other solutions)

Smoman

Love the plugin and everything...we were working great up until we went from 1.0-19 (website does not have newest) to the 1.0-43. We are running the new .612b OBS. We are getting very frequent freezing. The preview window will stop showing anything live (it will show a still frame). I open up VLC and the stream is still LIVE. And then if I let it go...every 10-15 min the time will jump on youtube live (where I am streaming). I am stuck. I have changed so many things tonight...its not even funny. Can anyone help me out here. I can restart OBS and most times the stream will come back. It will do this in preview mode too, I am pretty sure. This used to work great....something in my upgrades.
Steve

iHazGamezz

I've had a few issues with starting off the broadcast with the video source plugin, then switching to a main scene (video capture device) and have the FPS drop from 60 to 20 - 50 at times. Not sure what is causing the issue, but any friendly advice would be much appreciated. I've made both my capture source and video source a global source, but I still see constant FPS drops in OBS.

tehdime

hey

i still have problems with audio/video desync. When i open a hd http-stream, audio is everytime about 500ms off after the transcoding. is there any way to activated advanced logging for the plugin?

Zoritec

Very sorry to post here about this problem, but I usually use 64 bit OBS, and when I use the Video Source Plugin (I know It's in the 64 bit plugin folder because I can add videos) but when I do, the sound plays fine, but the video loops a very small portion of the beginning (about 1 second loops) but when I use 32 bit OBS and use the 32 bit version of the plugin, it works 100 percent perfectly. If you need me to, I can post a log file from 64 bit OBS.

Thanks.

Deadzerg

Hi I am having a problem loading and using this plugin. When I try and add a video source obs crashes after I have entered the video sources name and click okay. I would really like any help that anyone can give me. Thanks :)

Attachments

• OBSCrashLog2014-03-11_9.txt
    6.6 KB · Views: 66

Pimpmuckl

Absolutely amazing plugin, huge thanks to you! Is there any chance you support transparent background of H264 .mp4 files?

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
Absolutely amazing plugin, huge thanks to you! Is there any chance you support transparent background of H264 .mp4 files?
Transparent videos are supported. So far I used uncompressed AVI as well as QuickTime Videos with transparency and without out problems :)

Pimpmuckl

Transparent videos are supported. So far I used uncompressed AVI as well as QuickTime Videos with transparency and without out problems :)

Oh wow, i'll try that out, thanks!

One thing though: The audio from the video, if muted, randomly turns to 100%. I don't know if its a shortcut or something along the lines or what exactly is happening but it's strange.

Also, I tried to use output to dummy audio device, still would change after an OBS restart.

Edit: Didn't occur again, guess I just mixed up different video sources. Also, with QuickTime it works wonderfully, thanks again man!

Last edited:

RyanGUK

Hi, I was wondering whether you could implement a hotkey button (per source) in the next update so that when the hotkey is pressed, it'll play the video assigned to that source? So like I could have 20 different sources and I have them all activated but to play them I just press a button? That'd be pretty nice. :)

Homezonebenny

It would be nice if there would be a timer option.
Means that you can select:
- play video after each X minutes
- play video instantly, repeat each X minutes

So I could set a video file like this:
http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23661277/Smoke Text.mp4
(with "Follow me" text for example)

So a transparent animated text with "Follow me" would apear after each 10 minutes! :)

Or is there any other timer plugin which can start another source?
Would be great for any feedback of this! <3

Last edited:

crumb_de

It would be nice if there would be a timer option.
Means that you can select:
- play video after each X minutes
- play video instantly, repeat each X minutes

So I could set a video file like this:
http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23661277/Smoke Text.mp4
(with "Follow me" text for example)

So a transparent animated text with "Follow me" would apear after each 10 minutes! :)

Or is there any other timer plugin which can start another source?
Would be great for any feedback of this! <3

10/10 would bang this option.

Homezonebenny

Perhaps it would be better to make a new "seperated" time-plugin?
Like a plugin with the following options:

[x] instant (instantly activate the source)
- hold it visible for [ X seconds ]
- repeat all [ X seconds ]
[source] Select the source

This means. You make:
Add - Timer
And then you get the datas above.

So, basically the plugin would change the visibility of a source in a scene.
(remove or set the checkbox mark).

So you would be able to set show a text for some seconds, and repeat that each X seconds.
Or for the video plugin. You could activate the video, and let the video play until the video ends.
And then remove the checkbox again. Sure you must set the "hold time" manually like the video duration.
But that isn't a big problem right?! :)

So a "timer-plugin" would be a standalone thing which we could use for everything?! O.o
Just thought about that. Perhaps someone already planed something like that?

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
i'd like to see colour keying added in as a feature. just like you can in xsplit. would be awesome!
If you read two or three posts above yours:

@RyanGUK something like that will probably be possible in the rewrite of OBS. Currently I think faruton is too busy to really develop this plugin further. But if a programmer finds the time he could maybe add it.

@Homezonebenny you can now also request plugins/ressources: https://obsproject.com/forum/list/resource-requests.29/
If someone finds time to write it, he will do :)