Video source plugin (OBS Classic only)

Faruton

Developer
Re: Video source plugin (1.0-33 2014/2/05)

Updated to 1.0.33 (vlc 2.1.3) with deinterlace methods selectable

Faruton

Developer
Re: Video source plugin (1.0-41 2014/2/07)

Updated to 1.0.41 with timestamp smoothing for crackling and out-of-sync issues when outputting to stream

Tyr

Re: Video source plugin (1.0-41 2014/2/07)

lm0 if you're still reading this thread, you should check out the latest release, it should fix your out of sync issues. :)

slingnast

thanks for making this plugin. is there any way to make playback options such as Pause/Play/Time and "Play from [Timestamp] to [Timestamp]" option when source is enabled atleast for video, having loop still work would be a bonus

ColterTV

mmorabe said:
I still cannot get this to be added to OBS yet. I extracted the files into OBS/plugins, but still no workie =/

Most of the time is a problem of using the 32 bit plugin version on the 64 bit OBS version or viceversa, you may want to double check that

ITPalg

mmorabe said:
I tried both folders. Put the extracted files in both plugin folders but no dice!

If you would be willing I think I still have some time left on my free trial of Join.me shared meeting software.

You always have power to stop the sharing. I could look later but I have been up all night Pacific time and have to cram for some work stuff due 3pm.

ColterTV

mmorabe said:
I tried both folders. Put the extracted files in both plugin folders but no dice!

You may be installing the 32 bit plugin into both folders and running OBS from a 64-bit shorcut in your desktop, for example. Check again that you put the 32 bit version VSP in the 32 bit OBS version and you actually run that OBS version right from there

mmorabe

Dang I would right now and check but I'm on a company trip to Vegas! I'll try and keep you guys updated when I get back on Monday!

jsight

I am trying to use this plugin to stream from a couple of IP video cameras (the JVC GV-LS2). These cameras produce an MPEG-TS stream, that I believe is compatible with this software. I have some copies of the camera's output stream that I have set aside for testing, and I am using them to test with the Video Source plugin.

Everything appears to work, the video quality is excellent, and switching between multiple inputs works, but unfortunately the audio and video are badly out of sync. This seems to be the case even with the most recent plugin.

Playing the file in vlc results in in-sync audio/video, and the audio/video is in sync after a ffmpeg conversion to MP4. Also, it appears that converting the file to MP4 with ffmpeg results in a file that can be used as a video source for OBS (without sync issues).

What are the steps that I should take to further debug this? I would be happy to provide sample files if someone could assist as well.

Thank you for any assistance!

mmorabe

Has anyone been using the plugin after the new updates? Are they still working? I haven't attempted to try it yet, but would like to test it at some point so I can film a new intro and outro for all my streams. Thanks!

mmorabe

ColterTV said:
I use it on a daily basis, works fine
Good to hear. I still need to figure out why I'm having issues extracting the folders and placing it into the OBS/plugin folder. I'm still not seeing it pop up in OBS's plugins! :(

Scubadog2008

I've installed the 64-bit version of OBS and downloaded the 64-bit version of VideoSource. I extracted it into the plugins folder of the OBS installation. When I start OBS, however, it immediately says "The program can't start because libvlccore.dll is missing from your computer". I click OK and a similar message comes up for libvlc.dll. I click OK and check the Plugins button and Video Source doesn't show up. What am I missing?

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
Make sure your Zip/Rar software supports the 7z files fully. And that no anti-virus is blocking the extraction of dll files :)

Scubadog2008

The 32-bit version extracted and was found by the 32-bit version of OBS with no problem. I did notice there's a Wrapper dll in the 32-bit version that didn't show up in the extract for the 64-bit. I'll try to re-download the file.