Question / Help Very Choppy Video

Ryoshia

So I've been fiddle farting around with OBS four a few weeks. When I after I finished recording the video file that's created is very choppy with quite a bit of stuttering. I've lowered my output resolution to 720p and have tried tweaking around with the settings to no avail, understand I'm sure I'm using a dinosaur of a PC. I've attached the latest of my logs that was just me screen recording. It's not like I'm trying to record something crazy like an MMO or a very modern video game. Truthfully I'm just trying to record Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition and the rest of the Enhanced Infinity Engine games, I know for a fact my computer runs them just fine as I've already put over fifty hours into Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn Enhanced Edition. I'd like to record SNES games, and video games made no later than 2013 that will run on Pop!_OS.

I've tried via Capture Card with my Switch as well, and have added a log for that as well. I'm just trying to optimize OBS for my dinosaur, any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.

Attachments

• 2019-05-24 13-12-27.txt
    14.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 2019-05-25 13-30-42.txt
    8.3 KB · Views: 32