Question / Help Used to be able to record easy 1080p, Now nothing works! Everything is overloaded! HELP

SlugxD

I used to record all the time on the setup that I have now. But all of a sudden recently I have not been able to do anything I have been having so many issues with OBS, all I want to do is record 1080p 60fps and I believe that my system is fully capable of that. No matter what encoder I use, everything is overloaded. SOMEONE HELP
This log is from me trying to use the AMD encoder, H265/HVEC AMD Encoder. Should I be using a different encoder?

System Specs:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Radeon (TM) RX 470 Graphics
Vegence LPX 16gb 2400mhz

Attachments

• Rec Log #1.txt
    14.3 KB · Views: 26
D

Deleted member 121471

Have you tried running OBS as admin? How about trying to save on a different SSD or HDD?

If you're only recording, reset encoder settings then use "balanced" preset and "CQ" rate control set at 16-23 (lower values = better quality and larger filesize).

Lastly, you're running an old version of the encoder plugin, I recommend updating it to v2.5.1 or v2.6.0.

https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/amd-hardware-encoder-s.427/

Last edited by a moderator:

SlugxD

Have you tried running OBS as admin? How about trying to save on a different SSD or HDD?

If you're only recording, reset encoder settings then use "balanced" preset and "CQ" rate control set at 16-23 (lower values = better quality and larger filesize).

Lastly, you're running an old version of the encoder plugin, I recommend updating it to v2.5.1 or v2.6.0.

https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/amd-hardware-encoder-s.427/
So the only thing I was able to accomplish was updating the encoder, I tried to run obs as an admin and it did the same thing, but for some reason gave me no logs of the recordings. I only have a 120gb ssd and a 1 tb HDD, I use the HDD to store everything for the most part, but I did try loading some videos on the ssd with no success of improvement. At last, I dont quite understand what you were hinting at about the encoder settings. If it helps any, when I try to go back an watch old obs videos that I used to watch with no problems, they stutter very bad, even though I remember them having no problems when I recorded them. I attached a new log.

Attachments

• Rec Log #2.txt
    14.3 KB · Views: 19

Tomasz Góral

As you can see for this card 80% of the game plus OBS is too much. Reduce the load on the game or reduce the quality in OBS, e.g. 30 frames instead of 60, 1280x720 instead of 1920x1080, see what will affect more.