AMD Hardware Encoder(s) 2.6.0

Supported Bit Versions
32-bit, 64-bit
Source Code URL
https://github.com/obsproject/obs-amd-encoder
Minimum OBS Studio Version
Supported Platforms
Windows

Ever wanted to use the Hardware AMD H264 and H265/HEVC encoders in OBS Studio? Well now you can! This plugin adds full support for both into OBS Studio, with both a simple and advanced UI for the casual and power user.

It is built upon the GPUOpen Advanced Media Framework SDK and thanks to a lot of optimizations can rival the raw performance of AMD ReLive and Windows 10 Game DVR while offering many more features.

Features
  • Works on all VCE enabled AMD GPUs with the latest drivers.
  • H264/AVC and H265/HEVC Encoders
  • Presets for easy setup
  • Several View Modes that gradually reveal more options for Power Users wishing to mix and match.
Help Out
As a solo developer most of the time I don't have the funding necessary to maintain my software and additions. It would be greatly appreciated if you could help out through Patreon.

Requirements
Minimum
  • AMD Bulldozer or equivalent Intel CPU
  • AMD GCN1/VCE1
  • 4 GB RAM
  • Windows 7
  • AMD Driver 19.7.1
Recommended
  • AMD Ryzen 3 or better, Intel not recommended due to various issues
  • AMD GCN1/VCE1
  • 16 GB RAM
  • Windows 10
  • Latest AMD Driver
Author
Xaymar
Downloads
First release
Last update
Rating
4.69 star(s) 13 ratings

More resources from Xaymar

Latest updates

1. 2.6.0 - Removing support for older Drivers, High Motion Quality Boost and more

With their new Navi GPU series AMD added a new feature to the hardware encoders: High Motion...
  2. 2.5.1 - Support for Driver 19.x on AMD Vega

The 19.x Driver started enforcing additional restrictions, which seem to only apply to AMD Vega...
  3. 2.5.0 - New AMF SDK and code cleanup

The plugin has been updated to the new 1.4.9.0 AMF SDK, which should make newer drivers work...

Latest reviews

It is impossible to encode using this on Rx580
kindly have a look on my log
https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/can-anyone-explain-this.102736/
Xaymar
Xaymar
As stated in the thread you linked, you are overloading your GPU and thus the encoder. This is also the review section, not the help and discussions section.
This plugin alone doesn't fix it but it with a few other steps brings back the missing AMD Encoder option in OBS. I made a video on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHY3Wl91SbU
This is the best thing I could have ever done for my channel, lowered my CPU use by over 50% if not more, has next to no impact on my system, I'd say about 45-50% more detail added to my videos, yes that does mean bigger files but i'll take massive files over low quality any day, I do and will continue to recommend this plugin for anyone with a AMD GPU it is AMAZING! Plus the developer is extremely helpful.
AMD users wanted an updated version of this for a long time!
Thank you! I hope you continue working on this!
Cheers!
Xaymar
Xaymar
I definitely will! I'm excited for the day AMD announces a new Media SDK and will port my code to it too so that h265 and similar is available.
Excellent, still bugs and missing things, but what can you expect from a version 1.0.1 i know this is going to be good!