Ubiquitous 2 chat + OBS source plugin

Free Ubiquitous 2 chat + OBS source plugin 2.2

codex

Thank you.
Please try to update the application.

And Personalization->Show channel name/timestamp now controls Web UI also.

codex

I just started to write Unit Tests for the application and got a bug in Twitch authentication routine.
They changed few things on the web site. Fix is released.

codex

Justinfannnnn is anonymous nickname. And yellow means you didn't login.
Right now it works for me just fine. Please try to retype your password and do restart.

codex

Did you try to set Hide window controls in plugin settings ?
On my side it looks in this way:
1r2XWBa.png

codex

Thats weird. Try to rename your settings file maybe ?
I can't reproduce it :/
You don't need to reinstall it. Just rename settings and run setup.exe from the link in first post

codex

It also could be ClickOnce issue(access restriction). You can try portable version from the first post.

codex

I tried everything , i'm still getting Twitch Yellow , hitbox Green
windows control not saving when switching Theme or closing out the application :/

Edit : Ubiqutous Plugin In chat Work Fine . My bad on this one Forgot to do something
Please try to rename the folder Documents\Ubiquitous2 to something like Ubiquitous2.bak and restart application.
It seems that ClickOnce version of application can't access it.

By default application starts in anonymous(read-only) mode. So it show counters in yellow. After you fill account information it should become green.

codex

Just tested it. It seems there something with Twitch.
I have two accounts on Twitch - first one works just fine and second one gets token but won't connect to my channel.

I'll check it further.

codex

Could you please clarify what window ? Main window, Settings and Music ticker works fine on my side.
Though it could fail to save position if application is crashed.

codex

Do you use ClickOnce(autoupdate) version ? If you using portable one - please try to redownload it. It was updated yesterday.
Does it save other settings ? Window size, accounts info ?

LtStan

Today I got a message from twitch:

We are writing to let you know that there may have been unauthorized access to some of your Twitch user account information, including possibly your Twitch username and associated email address, your password, the last IP address you logged in from, and any of the following if you provided it to us: first and last name, phone number, address, and date of birth. While we store passwords in a cryptographically protected form, we believe it’s possible that your password could have been captured in clear text by malicious code when you logged into our site on March 3rd.

For your protection, we have expired your password and stream keys. In addition, if you had connected your account to Twitter or YouTube, we have terminated this connection.

You will be prompted to create a new password the next time you attempt to log into your Twitch account. If applicable, you will also need to re-connect your account to Twitter and YouTube, and re-authenticate through Facebook, once you change your password. We also recommend that you change your password at any other website where you use the same or a similar password.

We apologize for this inconvenience.

The Twitch Team

With the new password Ubiquitous 2 can not anymore connect to Twitch.

Can't you work with twitch application authorization or the streaming key?

Last edited:

LtStan

Just Changed Ur password to Your new one in Ubiquitous 2 and Everything should work fine .

On my End its working .

Thank you for the advice!
That was the first thing I did and with the new password Ubiquitous 2 does not change into the twitch connect (green) stage and stays in the yellow stage for twitch.

I'm using the beta version which is linked in here:
I've added background color change if channel update have been successful.
x08CEZZ.png

Beta:
https://app.box.com/s/kntjfu16r3iwhsajyqrb

LtStan

Sorry for trying to help !!

Use the Stable one for me everything work just fine and i use the stable one
http://xedocproject.com/apps/ubiquitous2/setup.exe

Thank you didn't want to be impolite or attack you I do appreciate the support!

I now also have tested the linked stable version.
Which seems to be a very old version (no background color change on the dashboard feature stream topic update).

But still having the same result, twitch stays yellow, with the new credentials for my twitch account.

Now re rolling to the beta version.

LtStan

have now deleted Ubiquitous 2 and reinstalled the auto update version (I think it is the version).
Seems to be the latest version sadly now version number is in the settings menu, also now check for update button that gives feedback if the current version is the latest ( <- Feature request).

Still can not get connected (green status) on my twitch channel.

The OBS plugin works for me flawless.

AckMeL666

Stupid Twitch getting hacked seem to mess thing up for a lot of people. I know you are working hard on keep this awesome app up to date. I just wanted to say again how much I love it.

Also wanted to as again...I was wonder if it's possible to add chat support for StreamUp.com. I think they use html5 chat so hopefully you can. I just started streaming there too (https://streamup.com/EpicStreamMan) and I like it so far. We be awesome to get chat supported in your app as their web chat has no pop-out options or anything much as of yet.