Ubiquitous 2 chat + OBS source plugin

Free Ubiquitous 2 chat + OBS source plugin 2.2

codex

Wait, you mean CPU usage is high when you using it through web ui via Chrome ?
And what OS do you use it on ?

makkaan

No, i dont use that web ui, I only use Ubi as standard. no plugins.

But when it was stuck at 13.5% it made my google chrome crash :s

I use W8.1

codex

Just weird. I need to test it further but I can't catch it so far :/

It shouldn't affect chrome in any way if you don't use web ui. Just tested it with two spammy twitch channels and max load was 10%. But normally it stays at 0-3%.

Here is screenshot from my laptop (CPU is running in low frequency mode @0.77Ghz).
Orange line is CPU usage by chat.
Cqq9UO6.png

makkaan

I tried tonight, and and the same issue.

Some info about this:

When someone write, and the chat auto scrolls, it dont work, and in this moment the CPU usage get stuck at 13% and it feel like its going to crash, and after maybe two minutes, its back to normal and starting auto scroll.

This dont always happens.

Shadowfury333

I found a few bugs with the OBS plugin.

1. The plugin doesn't show up after a scene change until something changes about the main window, either by clicking on it to bring up the chat bar, or text being sent to a followed channel.

2. When clicking on the main chat window to type, the text in the OBS plugin resizes (as it seems to be just capturing the text field directly, rather than re-rendering). This at least can be worked around by making the reply field always visible.

3. Trying to bring up the "Properties" menu (also done by double-clicking on the source) causes the window to shrink by about 1/3 on each side.

Also, the arrows on the side are a bit annoying for the plugin. Fine for the main window, but for the plugin display they look too conspicuous.

Oxize

Can you add suport for Connectcast.tv (also stationed at serverlist of OBS)? Thanks in advance.

codex

Sorry guys, by some reason I didn't receive mail notification about your replies.
@makkaan, Theoretically it could be something with autoscroll code. I'll check it. Thank you for info!

@Shadowfury,
1. Yeah I know that. Unfortunatelly OBS .NET CLR plugin doesn't provide a way to catch scene change event. I'll add some timer to force scene refresh.
2. The only way to fix it is to send whole chat window to the OBS. In that case I will need to add some settings for plugin to crop title, scrollbar etc.
3. It should be fixed if there will be settings dialog implemented

@Oxize, Yes there nothing difficult. Connectcast.tv is using websockets for chat. Will be implemented in next version.

Kabooom85

I love your App, can you add the Userlist in the same Skin/Theme? I have all in Dark and the Userlist in White, thats Bad.
And Always on Top doesnt work for me in some Games In Fullscreen.

Thanks Bro, for your work.

Last edited:

codex

Appearance of userlist will be changed. This is just a draft version.

Unfortunatelly there no way to keep window on top of fullscreen game. You need to use borderless windowed mode to get it work.
There few options to read chat in fullscreen:
- read the chat on mobile device via built-in web server and show your chat on stream via OBS plugin.
- use Steam overlay. Any chat message can be forwarded to your Steam account. You can get Steam overlay in any game. Including non-steam games.
- use second monitor or use SplashTop to use your mobile device as second monitor

codex

@codex Its look like your software is deleting my Hitbox profil Description (Markdown) every time i update title and the game by your Software are you aware of this issue ?
They've changed API URL by some reason. Fix will come with next release.
Thank you for report!

codex

Well there two options right now:
- clear Hitbox password, so you'll get readonly access and it won't modify your channel description
- compile latest version from the github. Though it could be buggy ;)

codex

- side tabs with channels for chat and viewers window. That will allow to filter messages/viewers by channel;
- audio notifications on new message, new follower etc;
- OBS plugin settings dialog;
- option to automatically hide chat on stream if there no activity;
- custom user skins for application windows and web ui;
- Script engine to add new chat services without .exe re-build. I'm testing it right now and it works good so far.

Also I want to solve a problem with missed messages. Not in the next release though
I wan't to add an "unread" mark for new messages and some keyboard shortuct to reset that mark.

One of solutions I'm thinking about is to use LGHD button for that:
wqNAbsv.png

It could be used to mark unread messages in easy way. And as soon as OBS Remote plugin support is already implemented - it also can be used to stop/start stream, switch scene etc.
I sniffed it's protocol already so it won't be difficult to do that.

AckMeL666

Codex I must say you are a Genius I love this app. I'm a Multi-Streamer and this thing is the KooLest! If you could get some use out of that "useless" LGHD button that would be insane too

Only thing I'm really missing is Chat support for Ustream.tv would be awesome. Also updated Chat support for YouTube. I can't get it to work with my New YouTube Channel (http://tiny.cc/YouTube-EpicStreamMan) because YouTube changed is policies and I don't have an "easy" channel name or username with them just a "hash" name. Any easy way to get YouTube Chat to work with my account?

BTW I tell people about your app every Live Stream I do cuz it's so amazing. Keep up the good work man ;c)