Tuna

Tuna v1.9.7

mx_lenore

Hi, I'm having trouble getting Tuna to output the right song info. I have set one up as "Now playing: %t from %a by %m" and Tuna outputs the song title just fine but the album and artist come back as "a" and "m" respectively. I'm using VLC media player, the songs are all wav. files and I've painstakingly updated all their metadata. Is there something I'm missing?

Attachments

• Tuna output syntax.PNG
    Tuna output syntax.PNG
    2.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Tuna output.PNG
    Tuna output.PNG
    3 KB · Views: 64

univrsal

Hi, I'm having trouble getting Tuna to output the right song info. I have set one up as "Now playing: %t from %a by %m" and Tuna outputs the song title just fine but the album and artist come back as "a" and "m" respectively. I'm using VLC media player, the songs are all wav. files and I've painstakingly updated all their metadata. Is there something I'm missing?
Can you upload a wav file with metadata that isn't working?

TheCoderJT

Was wondering if i could just use your plugin to make a chat commands of the song playing instead of putting it on stream?

cfsfirey

Hi is it possible for Tuna to pull the now playing media info tag? I had a look a the Song Info outputs but couldn't find an option for it.

ul21qN4.png

Schmier316

I would like to also snatch the information on which Spotify playlist is currently being played, i.e. grab the spotify link to the playlist to post in chat using a command and also grab the playlist cover artwork (there's API for that from Spotify afaik) to display on stream.
Would really appreciate that feature!

Garbanian

Is there a way to make it so the text output on stream stays a consistent size regardless of amount of text that's showing?
Like I have title & artist for my text output, and Id like it to stay the same size as the progress bar I have below it but every time the song changes the length of the text box changes too.

Attachments

• tuna example.png
    tuna example.png
    421.5 KB · Views: 41

alexeygorelov

Hello. First of all thanks for such a great plugin!
I have some issues with cover image scale. Well, it's resizes when the size of image is changes from track to track. And it's overlayed with other components. It looks ugly. I workarounded it with adding the image to another nested scene with "Positional Alignment" set to center and cropping it around. It's looks better, but still not so. Or bigger images had cropped or small became more smaller.
Can I change this behavior in some way so "OBS source" size stay unchanged and images scales to fit that size.
I'm using OBS Studio - 27.1.3-tytan652-14 (linux) and play music via VLC source.
Thanks in advanced and sorry for my "google" English.

And one more thing with covers too.
One time I had no cover of bigger size and set what I has. When I get the image of proper size I tried to set it with kid3 or MusicBrainz Picard but it did not take effect and cover still displays much smaller. Some times restarting OBS helps, sometimes not. And sometimes it's not downscales after changing in one of that programs. I did not get the pattern. Maybe it's cached somewhere?

alexeygorelov

Is there a way to make it so the text output on stream stays a consistent size regardless of amount of text that's showing?
Like I have title & artist for my text output, and Id like it to stay the same size as the progress bar I have below it but every time the song changes the length of the text box changes too.
Idn is that exactly that you want, but maybe it helps. Set the "Scroll" filter to the "Text" source and change the "Width" parameter of that filter.
2022-02-12_08-OBS-scroll-folter.png

alexeygorelov

And since I wrote two messages, why not write a third ;)
That would be great to have some interaction between Spectralizer and Tuna progress bar off the box to get such effect without additional effort. Blending color channels to get right mask for exactly color that I need was a pain. That Dynamic Mask filter was shipped with StreamFX plugin and I accidentally discovered it. If I hadn't that StreamFX already installed that I would never find it manually. And didn't get this neat look )
2022-02-12_08-spectralizer.png

jason1234

hi can someone tell me how i can use tuna youtube music or with something else because i'm a streamer and don't use spotify

alexeygorelov

Hi is it possible for Tuna to pull the now playing media info tag? I had a look a the Song Info outputs but couldn't find an option for it.
You need provide more information. Which source do you use? VLC source within the Tuna program or stand alone VLC program?
If you setting this tag manually especially for this, than maybe it would be easier to choose some other tag that exists in Song info.
Or fill required tags more accurately and format output using tags that already present to get the desired result.

Last edited:

univrsal

ul21qN4.png
VLC seems to support this, but no other source, so if you use the vlc source it could be implemented.
I would like to also snatch the information on which Spotify playlist is currently being played, i.e. grab the spotify link to the playlist to post in chat using a command and also grab the playlist cover artwork (there's API for that from Spotify afaik) to display on stream.
Would really appreciate that feature!
Maybe. The problem with this is that it's not doable with one request, which is a bit annoying.
Hello. First of all thanks for such a great plugin!
I have some issues with cover image scale. Well, it's resizes when the size of image is changes from track to track. And it's overlayed with other components. It looks ugly. I workarounded it with adding the image to another nested scene with "Positional Alignment" set to center and cropping it around. It's looks better, but still not so. Or bigger images had cropped or small became more smaller.
Can I change this behavior in some way so "OBS source" size stay unchanged and images scales to fit that size.
I'm using OBS Studio - 27.1.3-tytan652-14 (linux) and play music via VLC source.
Thanks in advanced and sorry for my "google" English.

And one more thing with covers too.
One time I had no cover of bigger size and set what I has. When I get the image of proper size I tried to set it with kid3 or MusicBrainz Picard but it did not take effect and cover still displays much smaller. Some times restarting OBS helps, sometimes not. And sometimes it's not downscales after changing in one of that programs. I did not get the pattern. Maybe it's cached somewhere?
Bounding box is what you're looking for, it'll make sure that the content of the source stays within the scene item:
rlpHii0.png

Also, VLC caches the covers so that might be why the cover size didn't update.

And since I wrote two messages, why not write a third ;)
That would be great to have some interaction between Spectralizer and Tuna progress bar off the box to get such effect without additional effort. Blending color channels to get right mask for exactly color that I need was a pain. That Dynamic Mask filter was shipped with StreamFX plugin and I accidentally discovered it. If I hadn't that StreamFX already installed that I would never find it manually. And didn't get this neat look )
View attachment 80087
There's really no reason to add this to the plugin, anybody who wants it should just use StreamFX.
hi can someone tell me how i can use tuna youtube music or with something else because i'm a streamer and don't use spotify
You have to use the web browser source. Check the resource page under "Web browser source"

rarie

Still having issues when trying to use spotify or any music platform, I can't figure out the "song outputs info" section. I just get "The provided data is incorrect, make sure the format isn't empty and the path is valid"

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've spent hours on youtube and reading and can't figure out what I'm missing.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    25.2 KB · Views: 24