Tuna

Tuna v1.9.7

ToxxyTheTrash

I've tried reinstalling tuna today as I somehow broke it (causing all the text to go tuna.something.something) when I reinstalled OBS Studio a couple days ago and after reinstalling the plugin my song info for Spotify stopped working. I've re-entered my authentication code and saved it, said it logged in and left it at that. So then it wasn't picking up song info again and I rechecked my settings and it said "Not logged in". I've re-authenticated it again, requested the token once again, logged in, clicked Apply and clicked "Perform refresh". The button instantly greys out and the log says
= 2021.12.25 18:49 =
{
"error": "invalid_grant",
"error_description": "Invalid authorization code"
}

So every time I open the login page, it generates a new token and instantly seems to "kill" it once I use it. I've tried using my Spotify client ID and client secret but to no avail, same thing. I've tried clearing the data, even out of the OBS config itself and still no luck, reinstalled tuna a couple of times and no dice either. At times even after requesting the token and getting an error in the log, if I click the login page button again, it'll just cause OBS to crash and write a log. I've attached a past log just in case it could help in any case.

Attachments

• Crash 2021-12-25 18-39-11.txt
    111.5 KB · Views: 15

univrsal

I've tried reinstalling tuna today as I somehow broke it (causing all the text to go tuna.something.something) when I reinstalled OBS Studio a couple days ago and after reinstalling the plugin my song info for Spotify stopped working. I've re-entered my authentication code and saved it, said it logged in and left it at that. So then it wasn't picking up song info again and I rechecked my settings and it said "Not logged in". I've re-authenticated it again, requested the token once again, logged in, clicked Apply and clicked "Perform refresh". The button instantly greys out and the log says
= 2021.12.25 18:49 =
{
"error": "invalid_grant",
"error_description": "Invalid authorization code"
}

So every time I open the login page, it generates a new token and instantly seems to "kill" it once I use it. I've tried using my Spotify client ID and client secret but to no avail, same thing. I've tried clearing the data, even out of the OBS config itself and still no luck, reinstalled tuna a couple of times and no dice either. At times even after requesting the token and getting an error in the log, if I click the login page button again, it'll just cause OBS to crash and write a log. I've attached a past log just in case it could help in any case.
Can you upload your obs studio log?

Rev. Ratspeed

I am very confused! How do I install this on a PPA install of OBS? I just got done running around in circles.

I am on Linux Mint, and I downloaded the binary package (tuna.v1.6.1.bin.linux.x64.zip.7z) whose README instructs the following:

Code:
1. Create a plugin folder in your home directory:
  $ mkdir -p ~/.config/obs-studio/plugins/tuna
2. Extract the folder bin and data into the newly created folder
  $ mv plugin/* ~/.config/obs-studio/plugins/tuna

But, the PPA version of OBS stores its plugins in a protected location:
Code:
/usr/share/obs/obs-plugins/

The installation path and commands not matching the readme file, I guessed that it would not work, so instead, I attempted downloading the second package which contains a .deb file (tuna.v1.6.1.linux.x64.7z). Upon clicking that, Linux Mint warned me that there is an older version located in a software channel, and it recommends I install that version since it is better supported, generally.

Questioning that automated advice, I continued to search for answers. I found the link to your installation video where you appear to install from source. There are two links in the video description. The first points to a github page which is no longer maintained and points me to another hub page which is also no longer maintained and points me back to this forum page. It led me in a full circle! The second link in the video description also points me here.

So, I just attempted to install from the .deb package and it appears on my Tools menu in OBS.

Is this the recommended method for installation?
Will updates be applied automatically?
Is the installation video outdated?

Thanks for the plugin! I just want to make sure I'm doing this properly.

univrsal

I am very confused! How do I install this on a PPA install of OBS? I just got done running around in circles.

I am on Linux Mint, and I downloaded the binary package (tuna.v1.6.1.bin.linux.x64.zip.7z) whose README instructs the following:

Code:
1. Create a plugin folder in your home directory:
  $ mkdir -p ~/.config/obs-studio/plugins/tuna
2. Extract the folder bin and data into the newly created folder
  $ mv plugin/* ~/.config/obs-studio/plugins/tuna

But, the PPA version of OBS stores its plugins in a protected location:
Code:
/usr/share/obs/obs-plugins/

The installation path and commands not matching the readme file, I guessed that it would not work, so instead, I attempted downloading the second package which contains a .deb file (tuna.v1.6.1.linux.x64.7z). Upon clicking that, Linux Mint warned me that there is an older version located in a software channel, and it recommends I install that version since it is better supported, generally.

Questioning that automated advice, I continued to search for answers. I found the link to your installation video where you appear to install from source. There are two links in the video description. The first points to a github page which is no longer maintained and points me to another hub page which is also no longer maintained and points me back to this forum page. It led me in a full circle! The second link in the video description also points me here.

So, I just attempted to install from the .deb package and it appears on my Tools menu in OBS.

Is this the recommended method for installation?
Will updates be applied automatically?
Is the installation video outdated?

Thanks for the plugin! I just want to make sure I'm doing this properly.
As it says in the forum post, the installer is recommended for debian based distributions. It won't apply updates. You'll usually get notified by the obs forums if there is an update. The installation video was a bit outdated as the installation script doesn't exist anymore, but the manual installation still works and should be used on all distributions that can't use the installer or use something like the AUR package.
Also, what makes you think that the github/gitea is not maintained anymore? The last commit was five days ago.

spdyvkng

I couldn't find a way to register a user on your Gitea, so here is my feature request:

I'd like to get access to more tags in the files. Description/comment, download-url and copyright, specifically, but not exclusively.

And a little bug, it seems that cover-art isn't read. The cover art shows up in Foobar2000, in MusicBrainz Picard, in Explorer, mp3tag, and only once did it output from Tuna.

VLC and iTunes just show one picture for all the files in the same directory with only mp3 files (no external cover art), but even the picture shown in VLC isn't picked up by Tuna.

univrsal

I couldn't find a way to register a user on your Gitea, so here is my feature request:

I'd like to get access to more tags in the files. Description/comment, download-url and copyright, specifically, but not exclusively.

And a little bug, it seems that cover-art isn't read. The cover art shows up in Foobar2000, in MusicBrainz Picard, in Explorer, mp3tag, and only once did it output from Tuna.

VLC and iTunes just show one picture for all the files in the same directory with only mp3 files (no external cover art), but even the picture shown in VLC isn't picked up by Tuna.
You can submit issues via https://bugs.vrsal.xyz/alex/tuna (it was down for a bit, though).
Can you upload an example file where the cover didn't work? Also what music source are you using?

Rev. Ratspeed

Also, what makes you think that the github/gitea is not maintained anymore? The last commit was five days ago.

I was referring to the note you put on Github that states "STARTING WITH 1.6.1 NEW RELEASES ARE NOW ON THE OBS FORUMS"

I guess I erred to state it's "not maintained," but it's still weird that the YouTube video points to a place where we are no longer supposed to download releases. The point I was trying to make was that it led me in circles. Sorry.

TheRedM

Is there version for aarch64? If someone already compiled it please share it with me/us, i tried to compile it but i'm a linux newbie.

MySmile

Hello everyone, is it any way to autoswitch between two sources (VLC and Window Title) in main menu?Maybe with hotkeys or script, or somehow? (I play a lot of music from this type of source on my streams, so it'll take a much time for switch it manually). And i use Lioran Board as well, mb anyone know solution. I know how to make swithing with hotkeys in LioranBoard, but dont know where the Tuna settings file are, and string that i need to change the value of, and would it be working that way, so any tips will be appriciated! And thanks a lot for Universallp for a great plugin, amazing work!

univrsal

Hello everyone, is it any way to autoswitch between two sources (VLC and Window Title) in main menu?Maybe with hotkeys or script, or somehow? (I play a lot of music from this type of source on my streams, so it'll take a much time for switch it manually). And i use Lioran Board as well, mb anyone know solution. I know how to make swithing with hotkeys in LioranBoard, but dont know where the Tuna settings file are, and string that i need to change the value of, and would it be working that way, so any tips will be appriciated! And thanks a lot for Universallp for a great plugin, amazing work!
You can use the dock. Add it via View > Docks > Music control, then right click it and select "Toggle source selection".

MySmile

You can use the dock. Add it via View > Docks > Music control, then right click it and select "Toggle source selection".
May be I doing something wrong, but can't find this option.

Attachments

• ыаываыа.png
    ыаываыа.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 38
  • ываыаывы.png
    ываыаывы.png
    22.8 KB · Views: 37

ThanaKhan

Hello, I am on Spotify and each time the title changes, it takes 10 to 20 seconds to update Tune's info, is this normal?

Icône de validation par la communauté

TheRedM

I just built Tuna from source, but after starting obs and checking log i see this error [tuna] Failed to load vlc mappings: must be an object
I don't know what's causing it