Tuna

Tuna v1.9.7

univrsal

I just built Tuna from source, but after starting obs and checking log i see this error [tuna] Failed to load vlc mappings: must be an object
I don't know what's causing it
It probably can't find the VLC mapping json file. Do you use that? It should be created once you have mappings configured.
Yeah, my apologize, I downloaded version from Git. But after update VLC not detected when it in group, sadly. Anyway, Thanks for a great work and help! <3
Yeah that's an issue right now. Don't know when I'll get around to fixing it though.
Hello, I am on Spotify and each time the title changes, it takes 10 to 20 seconds to update Tune's info, is this normal?

View attachment 78934
Checkout the Spotify section on the resource page.

TheRedM

It probably can't find the VLC mapping json file. Do you use that? It should be created once you have mappings configured.
I didn't configure anything, i just downloaded the source code and ran cmake .. and make then make install and copied the plugin to the plugins folder, there was some errors about messing API's but i ignored them because i'm just interested in VLC, if you can share the proper building/compiling instructions that would be great

univrsal

I didn't configure anything, i just downloaded the source code and ran cmake .. and make then make install and copied the plugin to the plugins folder, there was some errors about messing API's but i ignored them because i'm just interested in VLC, if you can share the proper building/compiling instructions that would be great
I mean you need to add vlc source mappings in the tuna dialog.

TheGrumpster

I'm trying to get this to run/work. I am using spotify, when I get my client ID and client secret, then I press the button to open the login page, it tells me that the redirect is incorrect. I've typed what should be the correct redirect URL into the settings of the app on my spotify dashboard

If I don't have the client ID or client secret in the 2 boxes, then it will open the login page and give me an authentication code. What am I doing wrong? I'd love to use this and quit using a third party app, but it's proving to be a struggle to just get working

TheRedM

I mean you need to add vlc source mappings in the tuna dialog.
Yeah you are right, what confused me is that when i started playing music the cover art didn't show up that's why i suspected the error, but i just realized that the music file didn't have one, i replaced it and worked, thanks for the reply and sorry for the confusion.

univrsal

I'm trying to get this to run/work. I am using spotify, when I get my client ID and client secret, then I press the button to open the login page, it tells me that the redirect is incorrect. I've typed what should be the correct redirect URL into the settings of the app on my spotify dashboard

If I don't have the client ID or client secret in the 2 boxes, then it will open the login page and give me an authentication code. What am I doing wrong? I'd love to use this and quit using a third party app, but it's proving to be a struggle to just get working
You didn't type the url correctly there's no 'e' in univrsal

Last edited:

TheRedM

Sorry another question, is it possible to make browser source work with vlc source not just Spotify, SoundCloud... Because editing html is more flexible, it would be great if it can work with vlc source too without the need of keeping chrome open

univrsal

Sorry another question, is it possible to make browser source work with vlc source not just Spotify, SoundCloud... Because editing html is more flexible, it would be great if it can work with vlc source too without the need of keeping chrome open
The browser source has nothing to do with where the music is coming from. As long as tuna retrieves the information it can be forwarded to the browser source.

TheRedM

The browser source has nothing to do with where the music is coming from. As long as tuna retrieves the information it can be forwarded to the browser source.
It's not working for me, which means the problem is from my side, i'll figure it out, thank you.

SubliminalsTV

Feature request: Ability to pause music, shuffle, and repeat.

I might be a minority here but I downloaded this app while looking for an app to simply control spottily. I'm trying to negate having to have the spotify app focused. Instead have it running the bg while I stream. This is a great app for allowing viewers to see whats playing now.

univrsal

Feature request: Ability to pause music, shuffle, and repeat.

I might be a minority here but I downloaded this app while looking for an app to simply control spottily. I'm trying to negate having to have the spotify app focused. Instead have it running the bg while I stream. This is a great app for allowing viewers to see whats playing now.
That's already implemented, but the Spotify API for that feature doesn't work iirc

SubliminalsTV

That's already implemented, but the Spotify API for that feature doesn't work iirc
Thank you for the reply. I actually restarted my PC and now the pause freature works! I still don't even see shuffle or repeat but pause is the most important. Thanks again for the help.

edwardgreene1

I believe Pretzel may have just done some work to its web page because for the last couple days the tampermonkey script isn't pulling the song information. It is still pulling it from other browser sources though like YouTube.

RaulOBS5c

Hello, I have a problem that I cannot solve, the images of the songs in the cover.png file are not loaded, so they are not shown in the OBS source

かつこ

My apologies, I fixed the issue - the "placeholder.png" file in obs-plugins/tuna was set to read-only mode for some reason.

univrsal

My apologies, I fixed the issue - the "placeholder.png" file in obs-plugins/tuna was set to read-only mode for some reason.
That shouldn't have any impact. The placeholder is copied to the cover location you selected in the tuna settings dialog whenever no song is playing and that path should not be set to the placeholder. Tuna should never overwrite the placeholder or any files in the data directory.