Tuna

Tuna v1.9.7

eMpTyVeeTV

I'm having a problem with "song info outputs" and have spent a lot of hours reading and it's a similar problem to "#60" but I'm having no luck getting a path to "stick" or start working. Progress bar works with VLC but no text functioning and the path keeps vanishing from "song info outputs" (not using cover option) whenever I exit the tool window, and when I'm in the tool window it doesn't function when I can see a path entered.

liftedplane

The spotify delay is insane. I've spent a few hours now trying to figure out how to fix it, even going through the github and looking at the code. I can't figure it out. Anyone have any ideas? Sometimes it updates right away, sometimes it doesn't update at all, other times it borks it up and shows me the placeholder text instead of the now playing song.

Anyone have any ideas?

HerrWalther

Hello,

maybe I'm a bit blind, but I search in the output format, for an variable for copyright. Because, I use some CC music and I want to show, if its CC-BY or CC-BY-SA etc. If this in the MP3 ID Tags.

vulgerrity

I'm also having major issues with delay update with a Spotify Source.

Also, I'm not sure if it's related, but when I start or stop running Tuna, OBS seems to hang for quite a bit. Any help would be appreciated. This is a really cool plug-in, but I can't use it in its current state.

ENunn

Yeah, the delay is brutal. My settings are not applying after every OBS exit as well. Such a pain to change settings every time I launch OBS.

prefim

This looks to tick a lot of boxes but one thing I can't see that it does is read a simple text file for the song artist / track name as produced by lots of DJ software. Is there anyway to maybe point it to a local txt? possibly via the webbrowser (but the URL is a local location instead of HTTP)?

emerald_Void

I'm having a problem with it not wanting to change my artist name (I'm using VLC Player). It constantly just says "Shredd" but it changes the song names like it's supposed to. I can't figure it out. I've tried adding a new "artist name" file, restarting OBS, starting and stopping Tuna, reloading my playlist and nothing is working.

locirecords

Hey Folks, I got a new computer and I am reloading up my livestream. for some reason, when I got to Tuna Settings, every time I add a Song Info Output, then click apply, and ok, it doesn't actually save. So the next time I open Tuna Settings the Song Info Output is empty. So, this is preventing me from adding any text. Any thoughts???

axd7832

Is there any way to set the default text for a song title/artist if the info is not provided? Right now, I get "m" if there is no title provided.

Im using MPD (on current ubuntu) but cant seem to figure out how you guys output info from it to static files? Could Tuna just read directly from MPD? This really does look fantastic and Id love to get it running. Almost there. thx

Grefinar

Looking for a little help.

I'm using Tuna as VLC source on a Intermission Scene, and, when I go to Game scene I'd like the music to fade out (as in Game Scene there is no VLC Source) and fading in when I go back to Intermission Scene. Don't know if it's already implemented, if so, I'd like to know how to do it. If not, would be a marvelous upgrade! thanks!

kallibasta

Hi guys, i would need some help please as i am new to obs and tuna.

i use a mac mini with apple silicon and the latest version of tuna.
obs is 26.1.2
i was able to connect to the spotify account and pull pictures but i cannot add the txt files.
as soon as i enter %t for example, the window closes. same when pressing enter.
is there a workaround or may this be due to incopatibility with the arm based system?

thanks in advance

flykmco

Hi guys, i would need some help please as i am new to obs and tuna.

i use a mac mini with apple silicon and the latest version of tuna.
obs is 26.1.2
i was able to connect to the spotify account and pull pictures but i cannot add the txt files.
as soon as i enter %t for example, the window closes. same when pressing enter.
is there a workaround or may this be due to incopatibility with the arm based system?

thanks in advance

Kallibasta,

Open a text editor. Create a new text file. Save the text file as Snip_Artist.txt filename. Also make a text file exists with the filename of Snip_Track.txt. Then open Tuna Settings, Click Basics tab, "Add" an entry under "Song into outputs" to display the album name. Link this target path to "Snip_Artist.txt". "Add" another entry for the track (which apparently you have already) and and browse to the location where you saved the .txt file you created with Snip_Track.txt filename. "Song place holder" area should be empty and "Song Source" should be set to VLC. Click on Stop, then Start, and then click Apply.

The song data is saved to the file on the fly and is then pulled from song.html which you have selected as an OBS Browser connection (local html file).

Excerpts from song.html:

function checkUpdate() {
$.get("Snip_Artist.txt", function(art) {
newArtist = art.replace(/&/g, "&");
}).then(
$.get("Snip_Track.txt", function(sng) {
newSong = sng.replace(/&/g, "&");
})).then(displayData);

This is what I did...

UNKNOWNUSER444

Hey, maybe this has already been discussed, but Tuna won't detect VLC player and when I use the OBS VLC source to play my music, I can't get the album artwork to show up. Everything else works. Can somebody please explain the setup process like I'm five or something because I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

IAmTheWolf22

Every time I try to setup the plugin with Spotify after pasting in the authentication code and click "request token" OBS crashes completely. Is there a step before setting up Spotify I need to do? Or is this just a bug?