Tuna

Tuna v1.9.7

univrsal

i did create the output files but whenever i did only the first 2 colums were filled and not the third one and i only see the cover.png file rest of the files/not on pc are missing and i have reinstalled in twice with the zip file and installer
Did you select a path for the file?

BlindStein

Did you select a path for the file?
yes i did and nothing was there...i was hoping to find atleast the title.txt file there and i did a search in the whole computer for it but i got nothing. My obs is not installed in the c drive like usual (just putting it out there).

univrsal

yes i did and nothing was there...i was hoping to find atleast the title.txt file there and i did a search in the whole computer for it but i got nothing. My obs is not installed in the c drive like usual (just putting it out there).
Did you put it in a place like your desktop? You need write access to the destination. Also can you show some screenshots of what you're doing?

BlindStein

Did you put it in a place like your desktop? You need write access to the destination. Also can you show some screenshots of what you're doing?
obs is on my d drive.the first image of the song path. the second is to show the cover file. the third is the same destination where the cover was but title is not.
20210724_143313_11zon.jpg
20210724_143326_11zon.jpg
20210724_143339_11zon.jpg

BlindStein

So when you enter a file name in the last dialog and click "save" it doesn't set the path for the text file?
jaGXY93q
so i figured it out that i have to make a file and save it. Also i want to run song only through spotify and you're tutorial on YT shows something else. but now this is happening. Help! 1st thumbnail has the new issue, 2nd thumbnail has the old issue resolved it think

Attachments

• 20210726_182105_11zon.jpg
    20210726_182105_11zon.jpg
    864.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 20210726_182119_11zon.jpg
    20210726_182119_11zon.jpg
    976.3 KB · Views: 31

univrsal

so i figured it out that i have to make a file and save it. Also i want to run song only through spotify and you're tutorial on YT shows something else. but now this is happening. Help! 1st thumbnail has the new issue, 2nd thumbnail has the old issue resolved it think
You set the output to chatlog mode, which keeps all previous songs in the text file. Edit the output again and uncheck this:
1627314046682.png

Hey guys,

Love the plugin - it's exactly what I've been looking for. Facing a couple of issues, hoping somebody can help, but looking at previous posts I'm not so sure;

I'm using Tuna with a VLC Video Source which is playing videos out of a folder. I checked to remove file extensions, but they're still showing up. Thoughts?
I've also set the text source to be centred, with the source also centred in the scene, but it is definitely not staying in the centre...

If these 2 issues are worked out, I think that all of my problems will be solved! Any help would be massively appreciated!
-Dazz

Jyrhy

Hi, awesome plugin and I got it to work quite easily. I've got a question though, can I somehow input text into the result? All for now I'd like to do is a - between the %m and %t. Using this for spotify nowplaying text file and OBS text source.

univrsal

Hi, awesome plugin and I got it to work quite easily. I've got a question though, can I somehow input text into the result? All for now I'd like to do is a - between the %m and %t. Using this for spotify nowplaying text file and OBS text source.
You can type anything.
Hey guys,

Love the plugin - it's exactly what I've been looking for. Facing a couple of issues, hoping somebody can help, but looking at previous posts I'm not so sure;

I'm using Tuna with a VLC Video Source which is playing videos out of a folder. I checked to remove file extensions, but they're still showing up. Thoughts?
I've also set the text source to be centred, with the source also centred in the scene, but it is definitely not staying in the centre...

If these 2 issues are worked out, I think that all of my problems will be solved! Any help would be massively appreciated!
-Dazz
I don't know about the file extensions, but have you played with the positional alignment and alignment in the bounding box of the source?
1627592870683.png

Jyrhy

You can type anything.

Thanks for the insanely fast answer! It was my bad and the problem was elsewhere, not exactly sure where but it works now so I guess it doesn't matter. For some reason the text file always went empty when I added the - (or almost anything) between the title and artist but I redid some stuff and now it works.

tranzistor01

Hello, may be you help, I don't understand why information is not displayed in obs about songs that plays from site yandex music or from site open.spotify.com, but when songs play from soundcloud.com information displayed. I used web browser

Mithostropic

Hey, I really love this plugin, I notice in it you have an option for capturing Google Play Music Desktop Player. With Google Play now being depreciated, I was wondering if you had any plans to change that option to its successor the Youtube Music Desktop App? It would be extremely helpful for me as I currently have to use Last.fm and it never seems to grab the album art correctly. Here is the a link to the app mentioned: ytmdesktop.app

univrsal

Hey, I really love this plugin, I notice in it you have an option for capturing Google Play Music Desktop Player. With Google Play now being depreciated, I was wondering if you had any plans to change that option to its successor the Youtube Music Desktop App? It would be extremely helpful for me as I currently have to use Last.fm and it never seems to grab the album art correctly. Here is the a link to the app mentioned: ytmdesktop.app
Maybe, but no promises

MercurialJester

Hi,

Firstly, thanks for your work and maintenance, I'm sure this project takes up a lot of time, and with updates especially can get frustrating to fix what has changed as well as attend to bug fixes.

Personally I've had no issues with the software except one, which may in fact not be a Tuna problem but a problem with Spotify itself, or maybe just my own stupidity.

I'll provide a log if it turns out I have done something wrong, however I just want to confirm first if it is some thing that can't actually be fixed.
First, the tag %b refers to "Song label" however is that supposed to be the Publisher/Record Label information, or something else entirely and I've misunderstood?
If I've misunderstood, no problems, have a nice day and apologies for wasting your time.
If not, does the Spotify API not push that information? Because it's simply displaying a "b" for me which is obviously incorrect.
It's not a huge deal, but with some independent labels being super chill with streamers, it would be nice to have this information from my end.

Anyway, thanks in advance! ☿

univrsal

Hi,

Firstly, thanks for your work and maintenance, I'm sure this project takes up a lot of time, and with updates especially can get frustrating to fix what has changed as well as attend to bug fixes.

Personally I've had no issues with the software except one, which may in fact not be a Tuna problem but a problem with Spotify itself, or maybe just my own stupidity.

I'll provide a log if it turns out I have done something wrong, however I just want to confirm first if it is some thing that can't actually be fixed.
First, the tag %b refers to "Song label" however is that supposed to be the Publisher/Record Label information, or something else entirely and I've misunderstood?
If I've misunderstood, no problems, have a nice day and apologies for wasting your time.
If not, does the Spotify API not push that information? Because it's simply displaying a "b" for me which is obviously incorrect.
It's not a huge deal, but with some independent labels being super chill with streamers, it would be nice to have this information from my end.

Anyway, thanks in advance! ☿
It is the record label, but spotify doesn't provide that information via the api

EnergyBlast

Is there anyway for Tuna to read the Album Art from Local Files on Spotify? Tuna can read the song information but won't display the art :\
I'll pay you if I need to damn it lol