Trying to install OBS and getting error message everytime

CheeseRaviolis

every time I've tried to install I'm met with the same error message that makes no sense.
"OBS files are being used by the following application: Microsoft Edge
Please close these applications and to continue setup"
I literally don't use microsoft edge nor is it open on my PC. I've tried deleting microsoft edge entirely, I've tried running as administrator, I've restarted my PC, I've checked windows to make sure it's fully updated. nothing works and always the same message pops up. please someone help.

CheeseRaviolis

i have also checked task manager and nothing there says microsoft edge. as i said i don’t use edge nor is it installed on my pc. i’ve even tried closing out of literally everything that’s open just to be sure and i still get the error message even when nothing at all is open.

marshall6474

every time I've tried to install I'm met with the same error message that makes no sense.
"OBS files are being used by the following application: Microsoft Edge
Please close these applications and to continue setup"
I literally don't use microsoft edge nor is it open on my PC. I've tried deleting microsoft edge entirely, I've tried running as administrator, I've restarted my PC, I've checked windows to make sure it's fully updated. nothing works and always the same message pops up. please someone help.
go to microsoft edge app on desktop click right on it and chose < Properties > the last option down after that go to < safety > then change < system > to < users > from Group or user names just click it and chose agree then go lunch OBS THX .