I have the crashing problem again.
Here's exactly what I did:
1) copy new version of the plugin in the appropriate folder
2) start OBS and activate the previously deactivated TS plugin source
3) start preview
4) click plugins-Teamspeak 3 Plugin-configure
5) observe OBS crash

edit:
It does it even if there's no scene made from the plugin.

Does it still crash when you are on a TS3 server?

@Octopuss

adocilesloth updated TeamSpeak 3 Plugin with a new update entry:

Log Clean up and Potential Crash Fix

Removed the debug output that I put in for people's names not changing properly as well as some other log file clean up. Probably should have done this with the last update...

Probably fix for the crash caused by opening the plugin config window (under Plugins -> Teamspeak 3 Plugin -> Configure) while in preview/stream/recording and not connected to a TS3 server.

Read the rest of this update entry...

D

Deleted member 30350

It doesn't crash anymore when I am not on a server, but it does when I am.
Actually let me post a log as well, in case there's anything important.

Attachments

• 2015-02-08-1955-05.log
    7.5 KB · Views: 57
It doesn't crash anymore when I am not on a server, but it does when I am.
Actually let me post a log as well, in case there's anything important.
I'm assuming that it doesn't change your name either. Looks like I took out the debug stuff prematurely. I'm not entirely sure what's going on and I can't reproduce the issue. Can you please try this 64bit .dll and post a log while using it.

Out of curiosity, why are you opening the config while previewing? Everything in there works when not previewing and changing things in there won't change anything until you next preview/stream.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 30350

I'm assuming that it doesn't change your name either. Looks like I took out the debug stuff prematurely. I'm not entirely sure what's going on and I can't reproduce the issue. Can you please try this 64bit .dll and post a log while using it.

Out of curiosity, why are you opening the config while previewing? Everything in there works when not previewing and changing things in there won't change anything until you next preview/stream.
The link doesn't work.

I don't even need to do that, I found out about the crashing purely by accident, and thought it could point to a more serious problem somewhere. The plugin works perfectly fine after the last batch of fixes otherwise.

What do you mean by not changing my name?

The link doesn't work.

I don't even need to do that, I found out about the crashing purely by accident, and thought it could point to a more serious problem somewhere. The plugin works perfectly fine after the last batch of fixes otherwise.

What do you mean by not changing my name?
Fixed the link. Dropbox's "Copy to Clipboard" button didn't copy to clipboard...

Changing your name from (for example) Octopuss to *R*Octopuss

D

Deleted member 30350

Yup, it seems like it doesn't change name (I assume it should if I click start recording and then try talking).

No change with the test plugin, and it doesn't change the name either. Furthermore, it seems like my name remains on the screen for a bit longer with the same settings.

What I did: start OBS (while connected to a TS server), hit preview, press push to talk and check my name appears, and then open the plugin configuration, followed by a crash.

I don't suppose OBS crashdump is of any use to you.

Attachments

• 2015-02-08-2111-29.log
    24.1 KB · Views: 47
Yup, it seems like it doesn't change name (I assume it should if I click start recording and then try talking).

No change with the test plugin, and it doesn't change the name either. Furthermore, it seems like my name remains on the screen for a bit longer with the same settings.

What I did: start OBS (while connected to a TS server), hit preview, press push to talk and check my name appears, and then open the plugin configuration, followed by a crash.

I don't suppose OBS crashdump is of any use to you.
Looks like TS is rejecting your requests to get your name

Warning -- error id=524

means TS thinks your "client is flooding". This being put into the log may be the cause of the crashes. I'll try and put a limit on the number being posted and see if that helps.

Okay, it's not it putting stuff into the log as I tried to limit it and made it crash. At least I can reproduce it now :)

RE the client flooding:
From googling, this was an issue with 3.0.3 of TS. I don't know if your TS is up to date but if not you could try updating it and see if it helps.

D

Deleted member 30350

I am using the latest version of TS, which as far as I know is 3.0.16.

You managed to reproduce the crash when opening the configuration with preview active? Well that's something at least :)

I am no longer getting the red warning inside TS as I posted before btw. Probably because I am not switching scenes/reactivating the source anymore. Not sure though.

SaladEsc

When I launch OBS i get an error saying I have installed a 32bit version even though I have not. The 32bit version says the same when I launch OBS 32bit.

When I launch OBS i get an error saying I have installed a 32bit version even though I have not. The 32bit version says the same when I launch OBS 32bit.

If the 32bit version of OBS is complaining that you are using a 32bit version of a plugin, then chances are that you are accidently launching the 64bit version.

It's worth re-downloading the plugin in case you accidently downloaded the wrong version. The 64bit plugin can be found here (click me). If the problem still persists, let me know and I'll try to help some more.

fathom

Great Plugin! I do have one suggestion, though. In a future version would it be possible to highlight the whole name when talking, instead of the little dot? I feel like this would make it more visible and useful to the viewer. Keep up the good work!

ipkonfig

Doesn't work for me, get the annoying OBSapi.dll message. Heck with it. Don't have patients for .dll issues.

Would have been nice to have. Oh well

Doesn't work for me, get the annoying OBSapi.dll message. Heck with it. Don't have patients for .dll issues.

Would have been nice to have. Oh well

I don't know what OBSapi.dll message you are referring to. OBSapi.dll should be in the main OBS folder (C:/Program Files/OBS). If it's not there, or the message is telling you it's missing, try reinstalling OBS.

PF4NDY

ATTENTION: This plugin triggers the spam defense of teamspeak 3, you won't be able to switch channels anymore if you use this plugin too often!!!!!! I disabled it. Fix this or you're the most evil developer!

Fix this or you're the most evil developer!
Uh okay? I think you need a chill pill...

ATTENTION: This plugin triggers the spam defense of teamspeak 3, you won't be able to switch channels anymore if you use this plugin too often!!!!!!
This is a known problem. It triggers spam protection on some people's systems and not on others. I don't know why. It could potentially be some server setting, I don't know. As I can't reproduce the error, I can't fix it. If I get some time, I'll have another look but I offer no guarantees that I'll be able to find a solution.

Evidently this make me the Devil incarnate.

mackirby

Hey, great plugin! I'm having an issue though, and I'm wondering if there's any chance of a fix/update.

I'm trying to add 2 separate sources, with different settings - one aligned left, and the other aligned right but not showing my own name. Unfortunately, once I add that second source, it "overwrites" the settings from the first source, and they won't work in conjunction with one another.

Anything you could tell me would be awesome! :)

Hey, great plugin! I'm having an issue though, and I'm wondering if there's any chance of a fix/update.

I'm trying to add 2 separate sources, with different settings - one aligned left, and the other aligned right but not showing my own name. Unfortunately, once I add that second source, it "overwrites" the settings from the first source, and they won't work in conjunction with one another.

Anything you could tell me would be awesome! :)

I never thought anyone would want two in one scene. I really should stop making assumptions :S

It's not possible to have two overlays with different settings on what they show. Both overlays will write to the same file that the plugin reads the names out of to display so it will do what the second overlay wants. It probably is possible to fix but I don't have a lot of time to do things right now and it won't be as simple as changing a couple of lines of code, unfortunately.

When I get some time, I'll see what I can do. It won't be for a while though.

Sorry I can't be more helpful :(