Resource icon

TeamSpeak 3 Plugin

D

Deleted member 30350

Ok it's still not fixed. The plugin still does something to TeamSpeak which causes the client to give me a red warning at the bottom saying "Action currently not possible due to spam protection. Please wait a few seconds and try again."
When you try to open the plugin's configuration while preview is running, it crashes whole OBS.

edit:
Colours are still not saving properly, and now when I clicked stop preview, OBS froze (only once though). Not good.

How about the other things I reported?
The socket stuff is something that needed doing as it should hopefully fix the overlay not showing any names and make the plugin actually work for people while the two boxes being tied together was a typo on my part and easily fixed. I haven't looked at the other stuff yet.

Ok it's still not fixed. The plugin still does something to TeamSpeak which causes the client to give me a red warning at the bottom saying "Action currently not possible due to spam protection. Please wait a few seconds and try again."
When you try to open the plugin's configuration while preview is running, it crashes whole OBS.

The TS spam prevention is something I've not seen before and is on the TS side of things. It's probably because the plugin querys TS about 10 times a second.

Which configuration window? The one for the plugin (Plugins -> TeamSpeak 3) or the one for the overlay (righ-click source -> Properties). I don't have an issue with either crashing OBS.

@Octopuss

The TS spam prevention is something I've not seen before and is on the TS side of things. It's probably because the plugin querys TS about 10 times a second.

Actually, I tell a lie; I have seen it before. Way back when I first wrote the plugin to change a name I got this message when I rapidly turned the preview on and off while testing. TS didn't like the name being changed a lot in quick succession. If you are rapidly turning the preview/stream on and off, leave it a few seconds before turning the stream/preview on or off again and it should stop complaining.

D

Deleted member 30350

Well what the hell, it doesn't crash now. It did repeatedly before though! I have no idea what caused it, but surely hope it won't happen again.
Also, the names to show setting seems to be saved now, but the colours are switching randomly :(

Good idea about the spam thing, I will observe it. Actually, could scene switching when the plugin is not added as a global source trigger it as well?

D

Deleted member 30350

It really seems like it does. I mean, not having it as a global source pretty much reinitializes the plugin on scene switch, right?
It's pretty difficult to test anything when you get locked up in the spam protection mode after half a minute :( It's especially bad because the plugin has to be reloaded after any settings change (not only it takes a switch for the change to take effect, but when you change anything, it actually stops working until you reload it).

Wolfbane

Installed the new version and sems to work for me without problem. Tested both 32 and 64bit version.

Saw you had added "Hide name"... really nice. SWEET!

I tested "Hide Names After: X milliseconds" And when I do, It writes the name of the talker 3 times.
I Asked 2 of my friends to talk at the same time so I could take a screenshot.
Same in both 32 and 64bit version.

264i1jm.jpg

Also I did notice that it was not possible to have "Speaker Symbol" and "Hide Names" both enabled.

I was thinking about setting it up so, It hide names, after 5-6sec, but since the name of speaker is gonna dissapear, adding the symbol next to name would show when he is speaking or not. So if 2 people are having a conversation, then both names would be showing, and it would not turn into a flickering thing. And still show both names. But at the same time display who is the one speaking of the two of the ones that are having the conversation.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And another thing, when one has the symbols PRE names. Since the size of the symbol is differnt. o vs O.
So each time the speaker speaks, his name is moved a bit.

Would it be possible to change so the symbol is always the same distance from the name ?
Almost like how tables and the symbol is in one Column and the name is in the next Column.r

Last edited:

Callumpy

Yep, as above, same issue as the previous update.

teamspeakspam.png

EDIT: My apologies, you've already addressed it. Keep up the good work!

goffemannen

Got the "Action currently not possible due to spam protection. Please wait a few seconds and try again." today. I increase d"Reduce points per tick" and increased "Points needed to block. But didn't work. Had to reinstall TS3 to get it to stop,.

D

Deleted member 30350

I've noticed my activity icon still doesn't light up even today when I press the push to talk button in TS. That's pretty weird.
Did all these problems go away after you reinstalled TS?

goffemannen

Tried out the overlay now again but without a prefix. Works for now at least. But after a while while testing the stream I get the issue with duplicated names when using "only show speakers". It works as it should in the beginning.

Edit: After watching it a bit it goes forth and back. sometimes duplicate names sometimes not.

Last edited:

Wolfbane

And also a sidenote.
Maybe rename "Hide name after" to instead be "Show speaker aftereffect" so indicating who is speaking by prelonging the indicater, can actually be used by all settings when someone speaks instead of only allowing this feature to be used on "Hide name" option.

So this can be used as a feature with symbols next to names and other featuers whe plugin may have in future.

D

Deleted member 30350

Give him a break, I guess he has a job during the week :P

@LtRoyalShrimp @Wolfbane @Octopuss @Callumpy @Kevinsillo

adocilesloth updated TeamSpeak 3 Plugin with a new update entry:

Colour, name duplication and hidden name bug fixes

Fixed the issue with the colour randomly changing (it was actually just changing to the reversed colour).

Fixed the issue with name duplication when only showing speakers.

Fixed the issue with the overlay not showing if the "Properties" menu was opened mid preview/stream/recording.

Read the rest of this update entry...

D

Deleted member 30350

I have the crashing problem again.
Here's exactly what I did:
1) copy new version of the plugin in the appropriate folder
2) start OBS and activate the previously deactivated TS plugin source
3) start preview
4) click plugins-Teamspeak 3 Plugin-configure
5) observe OBS crash

edit:
It does it even if there's no scene made from the plugin.

P.S. The mentioned bugs are fixed though, which is great.

Attachments

• 2015-02-08-1708-54.log
    11.2 KB · Views: 73
Last edited by a moderator: