TallyOBS: Push scene changes to WiFi-enabled tally lights

TallyOBS: Push scene changes to WiFi-enabled tally lights 1.4.0

DeckerEgo

DeckerEgo submitted a new resource:

TallyPi: Push scene changes to WiFi-enabled tally lights - A tally light platform that doesn't require remote connections into your OBS instance

A network controlled tally light for cameras, intended for control directly from OBS. Rather than having the lights hit a web gateway hosted by OBS, this reaches out directly to the tally lights and controls them over HTTP. No need to open up any firewall holes on your OBS production box - instead push updates out to your lights.

TallyPi is built for the Raspberry Pi and...

Read more about this resource...

DeckerEgo

Since Python scripting support for MacOS has been dropped in OBS 26, I am working on a re-write of the script in Lua. Since the Lua engine that ships with OBS doesn't have the HTTP libraries included, this means the script will make a system call out to curl.

The better option is the Python script, however the Lua script is available if Python isn't supported.

DeckerEgo

The Lua script is now published - I've marked this script entry as "Lua" now instead of "Python" since I can't directly test the Python script anymore.

I've tested this at one production event - seems to work so far.

DeckerEgo

DeckerEgo updated TallyPi: Push scene changes to WiFi-enabled tally lights with a new update entry:

Release 0.4.2: Cross-Origin Resource Sharing Support

Small update released that allows for cross-origin resource sharing, which means a simple HTTP file can replace the command-line script that previously searched for TallyPi lights on your local network.

Check scripts/dashboard.html for more info - it is a far easier method for finding lights. Soon it should evolve to a method of controlling them as well.

Read the rest of this update entry...

DeckerEgo

Now that Python support for MacOS has returned in OBS 27 - I'm updating the docs & re-validating this weekend. Hopefully we will be able to switch back to the Python script being the default!

DeckerEgo

DeckerEgo updated TallyPi: Push scene changes to WiFi-enabled tally lights with a new update entry:

Release 0.4.4 - Python Default, Web Dashboard

TallyPi will offer the Python plugin script as the default, but Lua will continue to be supported for those who prefer that.

A new web dashboard to search for your lights & modify color + intensity is now available as well! This allows for ease of finding each light's IP address on your network, and confirming their color and brightness.

DeckerEgo

Release 0.5 with Expanded LED Breakout Board Support

Release 0.5.2 is out - this provides support for additional breakout boards including:
- NeoPixel platforms (especially the PixelLeaf 5x10 Matrix)
- The Pimoroni Blinkt! pHat
- Cont'd support for Pimoroni Unicorn pHat

This also moves the Raspberry Pi server software to Python 3 - getting us off of the legacy 2.x platform.

The Python script for OBS has also been improved to ensure calls to the tally lights don't block OBS scene transitions, with HTTP connections now being performed...

DeckerEgo

ESP32 Support In Development

Support for the ESP32-S2 (via CircuitPython) is underway, with the first tested device being the PixelWing ESP32-S2 RGB Matrix. This will be compatible with the existing OBS script, so you can mix and match Raspberry Pi or ESP32 devices depending on what you have in your parts drawer.

With the release of Oak Development Technologies' PixelWing and CircuitPython 7.0, this will be the simplest (and...

wilderf353

Let me know if you need some help testing with ESP32-S2. I have one I can play with. Would love to use this in church: the minister would like to know which camera is active.

DeckerEgo

DeckerEgo updated TallyOBS: Push scene changes to WiFi-enabled tally lights with a new update entry:

TallyPi Becomes TallyOBS!

The Tally Light family has grown with support for both CircuitPython devices as well as the Raspberry Pi! Given the wider range of codebases (and devices) now supported, I've broken this project out into three pieces:
  • TallyOBS - the OBS script that allows OBS to remotely control the tally lights
  • TallyPi - tally light hardware support for the Raspberry Pi...

bigapplejay

Hi DeckerEgo,

Is this compatible with various tally light setups?

We have an OBS system with three PTZ Optics NDI cameras and the following tally light equipment:

We have attempted to use TallyArbiter to control our tally lights, but it requires a Preview/Program swap in OBS Studio Mode which is very confusing. Is your plugin more customizable? We really only need the Program light to fire.

Thanks in advance!

DeckerEgo

DeckerEgo updated TallyOBS: Push scene changes to WiFi-enabled tally lights with a new update entry:

Now supports multiple lights per source!

You can now support multiple lights per source! Additional addresses can be supplied in a comma separated list, so that you can have one tally light mounted on the camera and a second with a remote operator.

TallyOBS is now separated from TallyPi and TallyESP as well - that way multiple hardware sources can be supported, all managed by a single OBS script.

DeckerEgo

The RaspberryPi Zero W does work and is supported as part of the TallyPi project. I'm not familiar with Blink Light - I don't believe that will work.

With TallyOBS you could chose to only have the Program light fire - just set the preview and idle lights to 0 brightness, and the program only will appear.

Hi DeckerEgo,

Is this compatible with various tally light setups?

We have an OBS system with three PTZ Optics NDI cameras and the following tally light equipment:

We have attempted to use TallyArbiter to control our tally lights, but it requires a Preview/Program swap in OBS Studio Mode which is very confusing. Is your plugin more customizable? We really only need the Program light to fire.

Thanks in advance!

DeckerEgo

TallyPi and TallyCircuitPy Updated

Both TallyPi and TallyCircuitPy for Raspberry Pi and CircuitPython boards (like the ESP32-S2) have been updated to add a local dashboard for individual lights. Libraries & packages were also updated for the latest Raspberry Pi OS & CircuitPython HTTP libraries. Check 'em out!

hibenkk

hi,
I succeed this script on mac device and it works very well, but have a problem with installing on window 10 that I can't find video sources like attached image. I need to use it on window devices cause of my broadcast system that I've constructed. Could you help me to solve this problem, please.

I installed OBS Studio 28.0.3(64bit) and Python 3.9.12

Thanks.

video sources.PNG