Question / Help Stinger Transition Inserting Random Scene

mazion

Log File:
https://obsproject.com/logs/iDhWGTR34baFlGk6

Video Example:
https://youtu.be/_Z_W16Jlk2U

Hello! Thank you for any help/support provided.

I am using a stinger transition for the first time and I'm having an odd problem --> As soon as I switch scenes (whether I click on the scene manually in OBS or use my streamdeck), OBS will immediately switch to a scene that is neither the previous, nor the target scene THEN the stinger transition will occur and, finally, will transition to the appropriate scene. Instead of elaborating a further explanation, the video provided should clear up any questions as to what, exactly, I mean. The "random" scene that is thrown in will remain constant for a while, then switch to another random scene.

If I change back to the normal Fade transition I've been using, the problem stops. If I go back to the stinger, it comes back.

I've been troubleshooting and searching for an answer with no luck so far.

What I have tried:
checking all scenes to see if a Transition Override is present (none are)
Restart OBS
use a different Profile and Scene Collection
change all the settings under properties for the stinger transition
switch from .webm to .mov

I have not tried reinstalling OBS as it is a last resort and I'm unsure why that might fix this particular issue.

If anyone knows what's going on or has seen this problem before, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

Infctd

Have you tried using the Stinger with the Transition Override?

With the Transition Override you can set a particular scene to transition using the overriding transition regardless of what you have selected in your OBS Dash. So you can leave your OBS on Fade and the scene will still use the stinger. Most likely, it is a design flaw in the transition. You can test that by using a completely different stinger and see if it has the same effect.

Also, as a matter of covering all bases, do you have the transition actually saved as a stinger in OBS or just as a source within your scene?

Last edited:

mazion

Have you tried using the Stinger with the Transition Override?

With the Transition Override you can set a particular scene to transition using the overriding transition regardless of what you have selected in your OBS Dash. So you can leave your OBS on Fade and the scene will still use the stinger. Most likely, it is a design flaw in the transition. You can test that by using a completely different stinger and see if it has the same effect.

Also, as a matter of covering all bases, do you have the transition actually saved as a stinger in OBS or just as a source within your scene?

I don't have it as a source. It is a stinger transition under the Scene Transitions pane in OBS. It does seem to be some sort of flaw in the coding of the stinger transition, though. As long as I am not scene switching from one scene to the next quickly, it's not happening. I discovered this by showing off the transition during my stream, during which I wouldn't go from one to the other as quickly as I did in the above video.

So, for now, my problem is solved (unless I happened to click on the wrong scene and want to quickly switch to the appropriate one).

This should be more of a bug report at this stage in the game, I guess.

Thanks for the reply and willingness to help! I appreciate you.

- maz

gayleno

I just came across the exact same issue, and I am not having any success in finding a fix.

Seems to only happen when I try to rapidly switch between scenes.

Hunkstaban

I have this exact same issue too and it's making me go crazy. This is the only thread I've been able to find that has experienced something similar.

Bump

Forrest

If I were you i'd try to just make the transition a source, that's what I did for mine and it works flawlessly

pibu

Hi
I just got the same issue and it was driving me crazy. I also found this thread only and was sad that nothing happened for the past several months.
However after some investigation I noticed that the scenes changes in like three steps: first the stinger starts, then the scene is changed and thirdly, which was weird, audio changes. So basically if I have a mic in audio mixer in scene 1 and no mic in scene 2 when I move from scene 1 to scene 2 for a short period of time my mic is still available, even though it shouldn't.
I'm not sure yet why it takes so long for audio changes to take effect but once this actually settles in then the stinger transition plays fine for the next scene transition.
Hope this helps someone to find more appropriate solution.

--edit-- ok, so actually, the sound devices become available AFTER the whole transition plays. In my case after the actual effect there were a few seconds of the transition still playing, even though the actual effect has already ended. I guess then it's a problem with transition's length, at least in my case.

Last edited:

hvnlildvl1

I am having this issue as well. I created a second Scene Collection and added a new stinger and it takes part of my previous scene collection stinger and puts it in the transition as well. I have tried deleting it on both scene collection with no changes. This is super frustrating. It doesn't include the extra transition pieces on any other type of scene transition. Has anyone figured this out yet?

EdPo

Encountered the same issue as well today. Been trying all sorts of different options, but it keeps adding a random scene. Any solutions?

hvnlildvl1

Ok, so I fixed my problem, kind of....I personally purchased the stinger from the same company and they used the same transition colors in both of the videos. It makes no sense in the newest one I purchased, but apparently for me it was not an obs issue...The video actually contained what I thought was part of my previous video/stinger.