Sporradic Crashing During Streams

bishoukun

Hello,

OBS started crashing the other week during an attempt to stream Bioshock. At the time, I figured the program just couldn't handle MixItUp and Bioshock at once, and then decided it must have just been a problem with Bioshock itself when I tried running the stream without MIU. Previous streams with MIU have been perfectly smooth and without anything of note. I updated to the latest available version last night before trying to stream 7 Days to Die, which I have streamed many times without issue. The bitrate was not stabilizing at the 60k It's meant to be at, being over 71k instead for some reason. This was also something I had noticed with the previous stream attempt at Bioshock. 10-15 minutes into the stream, identical to how the crashes last week had started, OBS closed itself and left only an error message informing me that something had gone wrong. Last week, I had attempted to restart the stream several times, resulting in this same crash anywhere between 5 and 15 minutes into starting the stream. Recording works just fine, with no crashes for hours at a time.

TL;DR: OBS closes with an error message without any prior warning 5-15 minutes after starting a stream. Other programs and the game to be streamed have not impacted the frequency one way or the other. Recording works just fine. I updated OBS to the latest version last night, and Windows updated the night before.

Hardware:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core Processor 3.20 GHz
RAM: 16.0 GB

Edition: Windows 10 64-bit
Version: 20H2
OS build: 19042.1586

I have attached all of the crash reports and logs, including the logs that do not have a corresponding crash report for comparison.

Please let me know if additional information is needed or if there is a clear solution to this. Thank you kindly.

Storm

Attachments

• OBS Logs and Crashes.zip
    186.4 KB · Views: 29

cyclemat

what did you with you websocket plugin ? lloks like anything makes problems ! check streamdeck ore something else that uses the websocket plugin !

bishoukun

what did you with you websocket plugin ? lloks like anything makes problems ! check streamdeck ore something else that uses the websocket plugin !

I'm having a very difficult time understanding what you're trying to say. I don't own a streamdeck. I haven't changed anything within OBS or externally within the computer that would make sense with the crashes, including the websocket plugin remaining untouched. Nothing changed immediately before the crashes began, and they persist after having been updated.

Anyone else have some thoughts on this? I really need to get back to streaming, particularly when I have a charity campaign that I'm trying to do presently.