SpeechChat (for Twitch, Youtube, Mixer, etc...)

Free SpeechChat (for Twitch, Youtube, Mixer, etc...) 180621

xxdocobxx

Hey! Great Text to speech chat! I absolutely love the next level of chat immersion, there is one suggestion!

If possible could you add a simple whitelist/blacklist to either manually add usernames separated by commas to allow only those users to have their texts read? I initially wanted really define the special connection between loyal followers. So I was hoping there was a way to distinguish "normal users" to those randomly new viewers.

So to be exact, a very direct way of having a select few people have their texts' read from a streamer's point of view to customize.
Thank you for your support, your donation is much appreciated!

Your suggestion is actually quite easy to implement. The only problem is it needs somewhere to store the whitelist/blacklist. For security reason, cookies and local storage which I am using are not good places to store user data. So, I am going for another solution, storing user data to Google Drive. It may take me a few days or weeks to implement, please look foward to it. :)

Kenniving

I just saw that you are also planning to add youtube, beam, and discord! x1000 this! This would be the ultimate tool if you can implement the multichat function! May I suggest getting hitbox.tv as well?

Kenniving

This is absolutely amazing! I am currently using this for the youtube and twitch chat and its flawless intergration! I also use Rutonychat to pull in only three chat services youtube, hitbox and twitch. And their youtube integration is very messy but yours is as simple as pressing 2 buttons and boom that chat is connected. Absolutely splendid progress! I will donate further this coming Friday! Keep it up!

AckMeL666

I currently just finished the part of Youtube live chat. Check it out on the beta website - http://speechchat-xxdocobxx.rhcloud.com/

These updates are amazing, thank you. I'll have to donate soon as well. You deserve it. I can't wait to test this out on my next stream. Thank you so much for your hard work ;c)

I just saw that you are also planning to add youtube, beam, and discord! x1000 this! This would be the ultimate tool if you can implement the multichat function! May I suggest getting hitbox.tv as well?

I tried Hitbox for over a year with not much traction or support. I recently switch to Beam.pro instead and with their less then 1 sec chat to stream lag and their interactivity options I'm loving it much better. I also do Twitch and YouTube of course. I'll have to follow you on there. Can't wait until xxdocobxx adds Beam/Hitbox/Discord support. This will be the Multi-Streamers Ultimate Dream ;c)

xxdocobxx

These updates are amazing, thank you. I'll have to donate soon as well. You deserve it. I can't wait to test this out on my next stream. Thank you so much for your hard work ;c)
Thanks for keep supporting my project! Actually, I love programming but when it needs a long period to complete, it will somehow become a fight. Your encourage is really important for me, letting me know that I am not fighting alone.

In return, I have to report the current progress. I have integrated google drive into my project, it will be used as the main storage. I am working on the whitelist/blacklist feature currently, it will merge with the user group feature. I will update the beta website after I finish this feature. It will be finished in a few days, so please keep an eye on this project.

Last edited:

Kenniving

I have updated the beta website. If no obvious error is found, it will then be publish as the official version. Thanks for everyone's support!

Can you explain real quickly the layout of the groups and how to operate that new section?

Thank you very much for your dedicated work! Already setting it up so that I can interact with my viewers promptly!

I would like to offer $25 to expedite the beam integration, now that beam is becoming so popular!

xxdocobxx

Can you explain real quickly the layout of the groups and how to operate that new section?

Thank you very much for your dedicated work! Already setting it up so that I can interact with my viewers promptly!

I would like to offer $25 to expedite the beam integration, now that beam is becoming so popular!
Thanks for your continued support!

I try my best to have a short description on the new user group feature.
  • The user group is empty when the first time you open the page. We cannot receive any messages from anyone at this time. To do so, we have to create a new user group first. ( I might change that later so we will have a "whitelist" user group by default. )
    screenshot_20160526_003247.jpg

• We can change the group name into a meaningful name.
    screenshot_20160526_003627.jpg

• We can set the group privileges in here.
    screenshot_20160526_004056a.jpg

• The user list is divided by different streaming sevices. "General" includes all the services. We can select which type of user we want into the group.
    screenshot_20160526_004243.jpg

• We can also add individual users into the group manually.
    screenshot_20160526_004424.jpg

• We can input more than one name at a time, just separated the names by commas.
    screenshot_20160526_004716.jpg

• At this point, messages from other users who are not in the group will not be received. We can create a group for "spectators" and set the group privileges so we can watch their messages but not hearing their speech. "Normal Users" means they are not "moderators", "subscribers" or "self" and they are not in name lists of any groups.
    screenshot_20160526_005327.jpg

• After that, we can watch everyone's messages and can hear speeches from users in the "whitelist".

• Finally, We can also create a "blacklist" group, just add those users to the group and set the group privileges. Caution: users in this group does Not mean that they are banned, other people on your channel still receive their messages.
    screenshot_20160526_005543.jpg

Last edited:

natekh82

hi the window itself keeps stretching just a tad whenever a chatter enters. that needs to be fixed position. also is there a way to make this a stand alone program so ppl with disabilities can use it just a double click away?

AckMeL666

Is there an easy way to make a pop-out chat url so I can use it to display just the combined chat on screen in OBS's Browser Control Plugin? I like having the separate chat app web page for interacting with the chat and what not but would really like to use your wonderful program in OBS to overlay the just the chat window on screen too. I tried adding it as a source but because OBS's Browser Plugin is a separate Chromium Based Browser it can't be linked to google drive on signed into twitch for the settings and what not. I have a few ideas around this be happy to work with you if needed. Let me know ;c)

xxdocobxx

Is there an easy way to make a pop-out chat url so I can use it to display just the combined chat on screen in OBS's Browser Control Plugin? I like having the separate chat app web page for interacting with the chat and what not but would really like to use your wonderful program in OBS to overlay the just the chat window on screen too. I tried adding it as a source but because OBS's Browser Plugin is a separate Chromium Based Browser it can't be linked to google drive on signed into twitch for the settings and what not. I have a few ideas around this be happy to work with you if needed. Let me know ;c)
Of course ideas are always welcome :) .

natekh82

ok the beta version doesn't have a option where it only self speaks like the old 1. i need it to not say what r the twitch viewers r saying and have it focused on my enter key. id donate but im physically disabled and limited income.. my feedback is all the support u get im afraid

xxdocobxx

ok the beta version doesn't have a option where it only self speaks like the old 1. i need it to not say what r the twitch viewers r saying and have it focused on my enter key. id donate but im physically disabled and limited income.. my feedback is all the support u get im afraid
Thanks for your support. This app is free for everyone, so please feel free to give me feedback :)

If you only want to enable self speech, you can do it by setting the user group options.

• First, only tick the "self" ( green circle ) ,"show messages" and "enable speech" checkbox ( red circle ).
    Untitled-2.jpg

• Then, add a new user group for your viewers.
    screenshot_20160616_111156.jpg

screenshot_20160616_111237.jpg

• We can change the group name into a meaningful name.
    screenshot_20160616_111405.jpg

• Tick all the box except "self" in general ( green circle ). Untick the "enable speech" checkbox ( red circle ), so it won't speak out viewers' messages.
    screenshot_20160616_111526.jpg

Last edited:

Dreckie

Hey ! Great work! :)
The only thing i dont get is how could i "ban" my chatbot from text to speak? maybe i dont understand the question from
natekh82 and thats it^^

xxdocobxx

Hey ! Great work! :)
The only thing i dont get is how could i "ban" my chatbot from text to speak? maybe i dont understand the question from
natekh82 and thats it^^
Thanks for your support! :)

I've made a simply figure to explain how the user group functioning.
screenshot_20160619_003759.jpg

Here are the steps to do in your case:
  • We have a user group called "Whitelist" by default. If not, just create one as below.
    screenshot_20160618_233302.jpg

• Now, we create a new user group for the chatbot. Let's call it "Text only". Then we turn off the speech for this group.
    screenshot_20160618_234110.jpg

• After that, click "Add Users" and add the chatbot to this group.
    screenshot_20160618_234250.jpg

• Finish.
    screenshot_20160618_234408.jpg

Last edited: