SpeechChat (for Twitch, Youtube, Mixer, etc...)

Free SpeechChat (for Twitch, Youtube, Mixer, etc...) 180621

Jakub72

Hello there, your chat tool here seems like its going to turn out awesome and I'd like to share some ideas that might make it even better.

• It seems you are already working on adding Beam support which is good stuff but I was wondering if it's possible to change the Chat's layout to look something like KapChat's BetterTTV Mode in the future.

• I like how your tool makes the viewers have different colors on both Twitch and Youtube so I hope that feature stays in the future updates when other streaming sites are added as well

• Also, I'm wondering if there is anyway to remove the "User has joined the channel" and "## Welcome To The Channel ##" messages from appearing as well

• It would be swell to have a check box to remove YouTube viewers profile pictures as well from appearing in the chat or maybe replacing it with a custom icon similar to how Twitch has icons for Moderators/Turbos

It seems those are the few ideas that came to find and I hope its possible to look into these, continue your awesome work in making this the best multistream chat possible and have a lovely day.

EDIT: Added Links

Last edited:

natekh82

hi lately i have noticed that twitch speech chat. isn't getting the number of viewers and says its offline when i stream . it does greet people however it doesn't thank followers automatically. and emojis failed to load. just letting you know.

nate

Yona

I would like to make a suggestion: it would be great to use this along with revlo to redeem points using commands in exchange for playing a message
For example, only read messages written by revlobot that text content: ## username, text ##.
Another thing, the sound is available in Spanish?

xxdocobxx

Thanks to everyone for giving many suggestions and reporting bugs!
Finally I got some time to finish implement Beam live chat and fixing bugs. Please try that on the beta site, thanks.

Last edited:

jamesbread

Hello.
Thank you for making SpeechChat.
The result i used in my stream,
Message filtering is required. Too many messages speech when input bot commands.

Robertsmania

I am streaming iRacing in VR and love Speech Chat! It's made it so I can focus on driving but still interact with viewers. Thank you so much!

If I do get more of a following it seems like I'll need some help to keep things under control. Right now if I get 20 people or so on the stream it starts to get hectic.

xxdocobxx

I am streaming iRacing in VR and love Speech Chat! It's made it so I can focus on driving but still interact with viewers. Thank you so much!

If I do get more of a following it seems like I'll need some help to keep things under control. Right now if I get 20 people or so on the stream it starts to get hectic.
Thanks for your support! I don't have a suitable solution for that right now, may be you can use the user group feature to allow only the selected viewers are able to speak. Please let me know if you have any cool ideas on that.

Robertsmania

Actually I do have a request. Is there a way to get Speech Chat to not read whispers? I've had people whisper some things to me that I really didnt want read out to the stream...

xxdocobxx

Actually I do have a request. Is there a way to get Speech Chat to not read whispers? I've had people whisper some things to me that I really didnt want read out to the stream...
Yes, there is an option on "Speech Chat"->"Events"->"Chat"->"Enable speech on whisper messages".

Robertsmania

Okay, I dont see that option with the version I'm running:
SpeechChat_01.JPG

saltedtomato

Hello, is there a limit on how long you can use the SpeechChat? Any kind of limits? I was using it today and it was working fine for a while but then it just stopped working maybe after a couple of hours. I tried refreshing the page and also relogging, it didn't work.

xxdocobxx

Hello, is there a limit on how long you can use the SpeechChat? Any kind of limits? I was using it today and it was working fine for a while but then it just stopped working maybe after a couple of hours. I tried refreshing the page and also relogging, it didn't work.
No, there is no limit on that.
There is some compatibility issue on Firefox browser, so you may need to switch to Chrome.
If the problem is happenning on Chrome, you can try a hard reset on SpeechChat settings. To do so, go to https://accounts.google.com/IssuedAuthSubTokens and remove "Speech Chat" or "SpeechChat-beta" from the list, this will remove all configuration data of this app.

Edit:-
There is also a chance that the streaming platforms(Twitch, YouTube, Beam...) provided APIs will stop functioning for a while, for example, the platform is under maintenance and shut down some of the API functions for a period.

Last edited:

saltedtomato

No, there is no limit on that.
There is some compatibility issue on Firefox browser, so you may need to switch to Chrome.
If the problem is happenning on Chrome, you can try a hard reset on SpeechChat settings. To do so, go to https://accounts.google.com/IssuedAuthSubTokens and remove "Speech Chat" or "SpeechChat-beta" from the list, this will remove all configuration data of this app.

Edit:-
There is also a chance that the streaming platforms(Twitch, YouTube, Beam...) provided APIs will stop functioning for a while, for example, the platform is under maintenance and shut down some of the API functions for a period.

Yes, I am using Chrome. I removed and added it again but it still doesn't work. When I type something in SpeechChat it doesn't show and also the chat from Twitch doesn't show.

Last edited:

0weng

Hi i am mew to streaming and this app help me alot thank you,,

I have few questions tho.

- how come when i chose the 'native' voice it plays through a different playback source. Like instead of playing through my soundcard it plays through my onboard sound but all other languages just plays fine on my dedicated sound card.

-Is there any way to adjust the speed of the speech? Since english is not my first language it is really hard for me to gasp all the word that the speech is reading.

Thanks

xxdocobxx

Hi i am mew to streaming and this app help me alot thank you,,

I have few questions tho.

- how come when i chose the 'native' voice it plays through a different playback source. Like instead of playing through my soundcard it plays through my onboard sound but all other languages just plays fine on my dedicated sound card.

-Is there any way to adjust the speed of the speech? Since english is not my first language it is really hard for me to gasp all the word that the speech is reading.

Thanks
Thanks for your support!
  • The 'native' voice uses the system text to speech engine which uses its own setting to output audio. The other languages are built-in into Chrome and will always use the default audio device.
    For windows, you can change the 'native' voice audio output through the "Control Panel"->"Speech Recognition"->on the left panel click on the "Text to Speech"->click the "Advanced..." button.
    anna-tts-windows7.png

• Follow the steps below to change the speed of the speech (Note: this feature only available on beta) :
    - On "SpeechChat"->"Voice"->turn off "Personality voice"
    - On "SpeechChat"->"Events"->"Chat"->add a voice command to the "Speech format".
    For example "$username$ says !v429 $message$" will change the voice to "pitch 4", "rate 2", "volume 9". Each value of pitch, rate and volume must within 0 to 9 (0 means lowest, 9 means hightest). The default voice is "!v459".

Last edited:

Quasi

Is there any way to hear the TTS as the streamer only [as in remove the audio from OBS/twitch stream]? Something like muting a mic audio source on OBS?

Also I just wanted to say your application is amazing! I really appreciate the work you've put into it!

xxdocobxx

Is there any way to hear the TTS as the streamer only [as in remove the audio from OBS/twitch stream]? Something like muting a mic audio source on OBS?

Also I just wanted to say your application is amazing! I really appreciate the work you've put into it!
Thanks for your support!

Do you mean only the streamer can hear the TTS? If you choose the "native" voice, you can set its output audio device(see my last reply). It is able to mute the "native" voice to audience, there is an article about how to do that.

Other built-in languages on Chrome are unchangeable and will always use the default audio output. I couldn't find any way to exclude that from the default audio.