SpeechChat (for Twitch, Youtube, Mixer, etc...)

Free SpeechChat (for Twitch, Youtube, Mixer, etc...) 180621

Quasi

Thanks for your support!

Do you mean only the streamer can hear the TTS? If you choose the "native" voice, you can set its output audio device(see my last reply). It is able to mute the "native" voice to audience, there is an article about how to do that.

Other built-in languages on Chrome are unchangeable and will always use the default audio output. I couldn't find any way to exclude that from the default audio.

AWESOME! Took me a while to figure out some things, but it works great now! :D [where can I leave a 5star review, new memeber here haha]

Also two questions:

1) is it possible to put the !vXXX value in the front? I have the speech rate at 9, but when trying to move it to the front so the "$username$ says" part will also be said at a faster rate, it does not apply and is just default settings

2) that web native setting uses the speech recognition but does not have/use a personality like "Microsoft David" is it possible to use that?

Thank you so much again! I really appreciate it :D

xxdocobxx

AWESOME! Took me a while to figure out some things, but it works great now! :D [where can I leave a 5star review, new memeber here haha]

Also two questions:

1) is it possible to put the !vXXX value in the front? I have the speech rate at 9, but when trying to move it to the front so the "$username$ says" part will also be said at a faster rate, it does not apply and is just default settings

2) that web native setting uses the speech recognition but does not have/use a personality like "Microsoft David" is it possible to use that?

Thank you so much again! I really appreciate it :D
  1. I have changed some part of the code, the !v command should now working on $username$.

2. I havn't test it because I have only one voice installed, but I guess you can set the native voice by changing the "Voice selection" on the dialog I have mentioned on my second last reply.
P.S.: You can vote for this app by click on the stars on the "Rate This Resource:" section near the bottom of the Overview page.

Last edited:

Robertsmania

I would like to be able to override the pitch/tempo parameters for the personality voice on a per user basis.

Would it be possible to add those parameters for users on the whitelist or something?

xxdocobxx

I would like to be able to override the pitch/tempo parameters for the personality voice on a per user basis.

Would it be possible to add those parameters for users on the whitelist or something?
That is not possible right now. I will try to add this feature on the next beta update. Thanks for the idea BTW ;)

Robertsmania

The other thing people have asked about is pronunciation. Right now I can specify how my screen name is pronounced and it would be great to have that for special/loyal viewers as well.

Terry Hau

Thanks for the awesome tool.
I'm testing it our right now.
I have the speech format as default ($username$ says $message$). Even though no pauses are specified, I'm getting about 2 second pause after $username, and 3 second pause after "says".

The speech rate also seems to be random, depending on the username.

Last edited:

xxdocobxx

Thanks for the awesome tool.
I'm testing it our right now.
I have the speech format as default ($username$ says $message$). Even though no pauses are specified, I'm getting about 2 second pause after $username, and 3 second pause after "says".

The speech rate also seems to be random, depending on the username.
Could you try test out the stable version(http://speechchat-xxdocobxx.rhcloud.com/) and the beta version(http://beta-speechchat.rhcloud.com/) and let me know the test result, thank you. Make sure you have no other text to speech apps and extensions running on the browser.

Hi! I'm absolutely loving this amazing app and, more importantly, so is my audience. Thanks so much for creating this! The only real complaint I've had so far is the volume. Is there a way to adjust the speaking volume that I'm overlooking? Also, I'd like to make it so that it only speaks for subscribers. When I un-check the "Normal User" option, though, no speech comes through at all - even for subscribers and moderators.

Finally, if I could add a suggestion (if even possible), I've noticed that when my stream traffic picks up, it's a little to much. There's nonstop robot talk with no chance for me to speak. Would it be possible to detect when the streamer is talking and hold the speech until the streamer stops talking? Also, it would be great to have integration with something like Fussbot (I'm sure there are others, but that's the one I'm using) to be able to reward speech to users who earn enough coins, etc. I only say that because I'd like to keep using this program as I grow. I've only been streaming a week and at my peaks, I'm already thinking I might have to stop because of so many people chatting at once. I hope that makes since and understand it's probably asking a lot. I'm not sure what all is possible. Just something to think about.

xxdocobxx

Hi! I'm absolutely loving this amazing app and, more importantly, so is my audience. Thanks so much for creating this! The only real complaint I've had so far is the volume. Is there a way to adjust the speaking volume that I'm overlooking? Also, I'd like to make it so that it only speaks for subscribers. When I un-check the "Normal User" option, though, no speech comes through at all - even for subscribers and moderators.

Finally, if I could add a suggestion (if even possible), I've noticed that when my stream traffic picks up, it's a little to much. There's nonstop robot talk with no chance for me to speak. Would it be possible to detect when the streamer is talking and hold the speech until the streamer stops talking? Also, it would be great to have integration with something like Fussbot (I'm sure there are others, but that's the one I'm using) to be able to reward speech to users who earn enough coins, etc. I only say that because I'd like to keep using this program as I grow. I've only been streaming a week and at my peaks, I'm already thinking I might have to stop because of so many people chatting at once. I hope that makes since and understand it's probably asking a lot. I'm not sure what all is possible. Just something to think about.
Hi SpartanOverdrive, thanks for all the suggestions!
  • The volume is set to loudest currently. I am adding a feature to change the speech pitch, rate and volume for each user group.
  • The term "subscriber" is base on Twitch, YouTube called it "sponsor". Also, the term "follower" in Twitch which is equal to "subscriber" in YouTube. As far as I know, there is no way to identify if the chatter is a follower(subscriber in Youtube) or not directly.
    It is suppose to be worked on moderators though, can you tell me more detail about that?
  • For the streamer speech detection, please give me some time to figure out if there is a way to do that in HTML5.
  • There is no plan on integration with other chat bots right now.

Hi SpartanOverdrive, thanks for all the suggestions!
  • The volume is set to loudest currently. I am adding a feature to change the speech pitch, rate and volume for each user group.
  • The term "subscriber" is base on Twitch, YouTube called it "sponsor". Also, the term "follower" in Twitch which is equal to "subscriber" in YouTube. As far as I know, there is no way to identify if the chatter is a follower(subscriber in Youtube) or not directly.
    It is suppose to be worked on moderators though, can you tell me more detail about that?
  • For the streamer speech detection, please give me some time to figure out if there is a way to do that in HTML5.
  • There is no plan on integration with other chat bots right now.

I understand I'm probably asking for a lot. If you're unable to prevent speech while the streamer is talking, having the option to turn down the volume will probably work OK. If I'm understanding you correctly, the "subscriber" checkmark on the YouTube row in the User Group tab isn't functional?

The only reason I mention integration with Fussbot is to allow a sort of automatic white-listing of users based on specific criteria. I thought it might be easier than developing your own way of doing it. I imagine it would be quite difficult. But if you're able to implement it yourself, here's why I think it would be a good idea. I had a stream last night after making the previous post where there was so much chatter, the bot had a hard time keeping up. I had to shut it off for a while. If I continue to grow, this problem will only get worse. I'd love to keep using the bot, though. I also had an issue of a couple trolls for the first time. I banned them to solve the problem, but it would be nice if they weren't allowed to speak in the first place until they met certain criteria (i.e. accumulated view/subscription time of X, etc).

It would be amazing if viewers could "earn" speaking privileges that could only be used X times per Y amount of time. If nothing else, perhaps we could have an option for the bot to only speak out 1 random message ever X seconds. That way even big streamers could use this bot to increase engagement without overwhelming the audio. I hope that makes sense. If not, let me know to clarify.

xxdocobxx

I understand I'm probably asking for a lot. If you're unable to prevent speech while the streamer is talking, having the option to turn down the volume will probably work OK. If I'm understanding you correctly, the "subscriber" checkmark on the YouTube row in the User Group tab isn't functional?

The only reason I mention integration with Fussbot is to allow a sort of automatic white-listing of users based on specific criteria. I thought it might be easier than developing your own way of doing it. I imagine it would be quite difficult. But if you're able to implement it yourself, here's why I think it would be a good idea. I had a stream last night after making the previous post where there was so much chatter, the bot had a hard time keeping up. I had to shut it off for a while. If I continue to grow, this problem will only get worse. I'd love to keep using the bot, though. I also had an issue of a couple trolls for the first time. I banned them to solve the problem, but it would be nice if they weren't allowed to speak in the first place until they met certain criteria (i.e. accumulated view/subscription time of X, etc).

It would be amazing if viewers could "earn" speaking privileges that could only be used X times per Y amount of time. If nothing else, perhaps we could have an option for the bot to only speak out 1 random message ever X seconds. That way even big streamers could use this bot to increase engagement without overwhelming the audio. I hope that makes sense. If not, let me know to clarify.
The "subscriber" checkmark on the YouTube row is actually means "sponsor", you can learn more about "sponsor" on ( https://support.google.com/youtubegaming/answer/6304294?hl=en ). There is no way to distinguish "subscribers" from "normal users" currently.

I think it would be an overkill to build a point system just for the speech function. I guess adding an option to let viewers can type a command to speak (which has an adjustable cooldown timer) should be suitable for your case.

The "subscriber" checkmark on the YouTube row is actually means "sponsor", you can learn more about "sponsor" on ( https://support.google.com/youtubegaming/answer/6304294?hl=en ). There is no way to distinguish "subscribers" from "normal users" currently.

I think it would be an overkill to build a point system just for the speech function. I guess adding an option to let viewers can type a command to speak (which has an adjustable cooldown timer) should be suitable for your case.

Oh, I see. I forgot about the sponsorship program. I might be wrong, but I believe that's what they're doing away with in favor for the Super Chats. Maybe that will open new doors for you. I've actually thought of a few ways to possibly work around this as I grow, assuming I get some good moderators since it doesn't look like we'll have much room for automation.

If I could make one more suggestion: in addition to white/blacklists for users, could you add white/blacklists for custom words/phrases? Here's the scenario: I'm implementing coins and games into the stream chat. So, the viewers are constantly entering commands starting with "!". I need the command to show in chat to work. So, I can't add the commands to my banned words in my YouTube configuration, but would love to be able to mute speechchat for any comment that begins with "!". Alternatively, I could mute each command: "!tk", "!vote", etc.

xxdocobxx

Oh, I see. I forgot about the sponsorship program. I might be wrong, but I believe that's what they're doing away with in favor for the Super Chats. Maybe that will open new doors for you. I've actually thought of a few ways to possibly work around this as I grow, assuming I get some good moderators since it doesn't look like we'll have much room for automation.

If I could make one more suggestion: in addition to white/blacklists for users, could you add white/blacklists for custom words/phrases? Here's the scenario: I'm implementing coins and games into the stream chat. So, the viewers are constantly entering commands starting with "!". I need the command to show in chat to work. So, I can't add the commands to my banned words in my YouTube configuration, but would love to be able to mute speechchat for any comment that begins with "!". Alternatively, I could mute each command: "!tk", "!vote", etc.
The option to mute "!" commands is already implement on the beta site (http://beta-speechchat.rhcloud.com/).

Robertsmania

Any update on name pronunciation and personality voice overrides for users? Pronunciation would be a big plus. It's fine if I need to manage a whitelist or something.

jamesbread

Hello!

Thanks in advance for adding ("!" Mute).

I have some suggestions during my streaming, so I write this.

(!Help) Too many chats are output because the command is available even if it is not streamer.

Please add an option to read only the conversation with the prefix "#" or "$" instead of all chats.

Thank you!

xxdocobxx

Hello!

Thanks in advance for adding ("!" Mute).

I have some suggestions during my streaming, so I write this.

(!Help) Too many chats are output because the command is available even if it is not streamer.

Please add an option to read only the conversation with the prefix "#" or "$" instead of all chats.

Thank you!
Thanks for the suggestion! The !help command is not working as intended right now, I will try to fix that.

Luarst

I've got two requests.
Can you add a blacklist feature for chat? Similar to BBTV's Blacklist Keywords feature.
Also an option to clear the chat after a specific time.
Both would be appreciated.

Last edited: