SpeechChat (for Twitch, Youtube, Mixer, etc...)

Free SpeechChat (for Twitch, Youtube, Mixer, etc...) 180621

xxdocobxx

What's that star thing beside the title? like it shows "star x 10"

UNWARY, bro that's why i'm on this forum right now also...

***BUG ISSUE*** - on the top right "star x 10" it is making my TTS 10x faster than normal speed... it is defaulting to x10, not "star x 0" .... There is no way to default or change it back to 0 [Zero], so the TTS is always 10x faster than normal speed

PLS HELP, need a fix ASAP
It is the currency system that is newly added to SpeechChat. It is mainly using to reward our donators so they can activate some advanced features. Don't worry if you don't want to make any donations, most common features will still be free to use, only a few optional features will require to spend stars on it.

If you think this app is useful to you, then it's a good reason to do a donation. Your generous and finance help will motivate me to continue the project development. Currently, you will get 1000 stars for every $10 donation. Please fill out this form after sending your donation to get the reward.

Last edited:

Luarst

The new update has made it impossible to use a browser source with OBS. The settings for the platforms aren't saved, so using the individual connect links to do so wont work anymore.

xxdocobxx

The new update has made it impossible to use a browser source with OBS. The settings for the platforms aren't saved, so using the individual connect links to do so wont work anymore.
It dose not work with the browser source of OBS originally. I am interested on how you can made it work previously.

D Marti

It is the currency system that is newly added to SpeechChat. It is mainly using to reward our donators so they can activate some advanced features. Don't worry if you don't want to make any donations, most common features will still be free to use, only a few optional features will require to spend stars on it.

If you think this app is useful to you, then it's a good reason to do a donation. Your generous and finance help will motivate me to continue the project development. Currently, you will get 1000 stars for every $10 donation. Please fill out this form after sending your donation to get the reward.

Thanks for yr response... my TTS is talking way too fast, there is no setting to make him normal speed again... its some sort of bug with the software, I cannot get TTS to talk at normal speed anymore.. PLS HELP

xxdocobxx

Thanks for yr response... my TTS is talking way too fast, there is no setting to make him normal speed again... its some sort of bug with the software, I cannot get TTS to talk at normal speed anymore.. PLS HELP
I have update the code, please let me know if you still have any problem.

D Marti

ok, on page 3 in this forum there is a workaround using the command !v539 in events tab or whatever.. but yeah this bug started a week ago just need voice speed back to normal/default

xxdocobxx

ok, on page 3 in this forum there is a workaround using the command !v539 in events tab or whatever.. but yeah this bug started a week ago just need voice speed back to normal/default
Could you confirm this bug is still exists? Cause I think I have fixed it yesterday. Thank you.

xxdocobxx

Any update on name pronunciation and personality voice overrides for users? Pronunciation would be a big plus. It's fine if I need to manage a whitelist or something.
Just in case if you don't already know, I have impletemented this feature on the beta site recently.

Last edited:

unwary

Is there a way to bring back default on the voice selection? The option I pick from the list is choosing the 64bit version of the tts. Back when default available, SpeechChat would use the 32bit version.

xxdocobxx

Is there a way to bring back default on the voice selection? The option I pick from the list is choosing the 64bit version of the tts. Back when default available, SpeechChat would use the 32bit version.
If you switch to other browsers, SpeechChat will recreate the voice selection list base on the current browser you are using. If it couldn't find the voice you have set previously, it will set to the default voice of the browser automatically. Also, SpeechChat only store the voice name, so it won't matter if your browser is 32bit or 64bit version.
You can navigate to this page to test if the speech is functioning correctly on your browser.

eatcoconut

I am glad that you like SpeechChat. Can you talk me more about your suggestion? What you expect to happen with the "#message, $message"?

viewers said "I feel uncomfortable reading all message. "!"mute message. On the other hand, I'd like you to read only certain sentences."

xxdocobxx

viewers said "I feel uncomfortable reading all message. "!"mute message. On the other hand, I'd like you to read only certain sentences."
I see. You would like SpeechChat to only read messages begin with a command, right? Actually this feature has been asked for before, and it will be on the upcoming update, so please look forward to it. ;)

unwary

If you switch to other browsers, SpeechChat will recreate the voice selection list base on the current browser you are using. If it couldn't find the voice you have set previously, it will set to the default voice of the browser automatically. Also, SpeechChat only store the voice name, so it won't matter if your browser is 32bit or 64bit version.
You can navigate to this page to test if the speech is functioning correctly on your browser.

Okay, figured out the workaround by using the 32bit version of Firefox. Must be a Windows thing with the new setup.

MorisatoK

Would it be possible to achieve/implement something like TTS voice auto selection, depending on the language of the message? With multi-lingual streams there's always the compromise between which language you want to understand and which one you want to have ... butchered by TTS ;)

xxdocobxx

Would it be possible to achieve/implement something like TTS voice auto selection, depending on the language of the message? With multi-lingual streams there's always the compromise between which language you want to understand and which one you want to have ... butchered by TTS ;)
Currently, SpeechChat can only distinguish English from Asian lanuages. It cannot distinguish between different Asian languages though. For example, if you set the default voice to Japanese, it can read Japanese and English, but it cannot read Chinese, Korean, German and Russian.

Correct me if I am wrong, it is really difficult to distinguish between European languages in real-time. It might need to look each words up in the dictionary, it's quite a time-consuming work for a modern computer. This can be done on the server side but at this moment we can't afford so much traffic and resource to do so.

It might not be the most suitable way for you, there is a feature to set individual user's voice language on the beta version.

MorisatoK

Currently, SpeechChat can only distinguish English from Asian lanuages. It cannot distinguish between different Asian languages though. For example, if you set the default voice to Japanese, it can read Japanese and English, but it cannot read Chinese, Korean, German and Russian.

Correct me if I am wrong, it is really difficult to distinguish between European languages in real-time. It might need to look each words up in the dictionary, it's quite a time-consuming work for a modern computer. This can be done on the server side but at this moment we can't afford so much traffic and resource to do so.

It might not be the most suitable way for you, there is a feature to set individual user's voice language on the beta version.

Thanks for your reply. At the moment I can't seem to use the beta client - I get a JS error in Chrome when connecting to Google Drive: Uncaught ReferenceError: USER_GROUP_NAME_LIST is not defined. The same happens when reloading the page after connecting to Google Drive. The page is dead after that.

Another thing I noticed while trying to work around this issue (unsuccessfully): I tried to delete and remove the app's link to Google Drive - when reloading the page after that, the Console gets spammed with error messages from the REST API (I believe) and the app is stuck. Only clearing the application settings in the DevTools solved that issue (maybe some local storage/cookie stuff?).

xxdocobxx

Thanks for your reply. At the moment I can't seem to use the beta client - I get a JS error in Chrome when connecting to Google Drive: Uncaught ReferenceError: USER_GROUP_NAME_LIST is not defined. The same happens when reloading the page after connecting to Google Drive. The page is dead after that.

Another thing I noticed while trying to work around this issue (unsuccessfully): I tried to delete and remove the app's link to Google Drive - when reloading the page after that, the Console gets spammed with error messages from the REST API (I believe) and the app is stuck. Only clearing the application settings in the DevTools solved that issue (maybe some local storage/cookie stuff?).
Thanks for reporting the bugs, it should be fixed now.

MorisatoK

Thank you!

I had a chance to try the beta today and while it works I would say it needs some refinement to be real useful in VR. Given the scenario that I have a Oculus Rift on the face and play games, there's not a real chance to quickly assign users to user groups and setup their custom voice. My idea would be to let the users do this themselves somehow.

One idea would be to add/move the custom voice to the group level, so all users in that group have the same TTS voice/language. Users could then join these groups with configurable !commands, without any voice group the default TTS voice is used. These groups probably would have to be "exclusive" in some way, so users can't join multiple voice groups and will be moved from one voice group to the other if they use these commands.

Another idea, and probably easier to implement, would be to use the existing functionality of custom !speak commands and add the ability to assign TTS voices to them. The user always has to use this command then though and it disconnects the streamer from the activity in chat somewhat if this command is not used.

Just some ideas, keep up the great work :)