spectralizer

spectralizer v1.3.4

univrsal

I'm fairly new to OBS, I run Mac Big Sur os with intel chip. It has been stated that it's a complicated process to install. I installed the spectralizer.v1.3.4.macos.pkg and it does not show up in the sources list (see below) do I need to install something else? What are the install steps and any additional software if needed. Thanks so much.
View attachment 72356
Did you read the first page of the installer?

pepelunavarro

I'm fairly new to OBS, I run Mac Big Sur os with intel chip. It has been stated that it's a complicated process to install. I installed the spectralizer.v1.3.4.macos.pkg and it does not show up in the sources list (see below) do I need to install something else? What are the install steps and any additional software if needed. Thanks so much.
View attachment 72356

The steps to install in Mac Big Sur with intel chip:
- Install the macos.pkg
- In terminal, run "brew install fftw"
- If you don't have Homebrew installed: https://brew.sh/

Xunkar

Untitled-1.jpg

Thank you for your work on this plugin. I would like this kind of perspective transform do you think this could be possible?

torpex2002

View attachment 74836
Thank you for your work on this plugin. I would like this kind of perspective transform do you think this could be possible?
That would be fairly easy to do in conjunction with the 3D transform plugin applied to the spectraliser.
Then with a few other filters and plugins that involve image masks, hue change, and automation controls like "move value," you can get pretty creative.

Attachments

• virtual dj booth.jpg
    virtual dj booth.jpg
    324.6 KB · Views: 73

torpex2002

There is what I believe to be a potential bug in this plugin, I've noticed that ever since I installed it and am now using a few instances of it in one of my scene collections, every time I open the OBS app with that scene collection auto loading, all my video sources appear laggy, they get that way about a second after OBS finishes loading the collection, for the first second they play smoothly.
After going through a screen capture frame by frame, it appears that all my 30fps video sources are now playing at 15 fps instead, not that their overall speed is slower, it just means that each frame stays on the screen for twice as long as it's supposed to and every second frame is skipped, so it looks laggy and lacking the typical smoothness of a 30fps video.
This wasn't a PC resource issue, it turend out to be an OBS/plugin issue.
The workround I've discovered, after trying evry possible permutation of OBS, encoder and Windows settings, is simply to temporarily load up a different scene collection without spectraliser in it, then load the original one back in and the problem disappears.
If I had to guess, I'd say that when you combine OBS boot up followed instantly by spectraliser loading, the plugin interrupts and upsets the codec OBS tries to use to play video sources, might be related to that 60fps bug from earlier iterations of the plugin.
On a lighter note, other than that one thing, great plugin!
Lots of options and flexibility that saves having to buy and set up third party visualisers.

chrissul13

If anyone has had trouble installing this on a new M1 or M1X mac, i just made a tutorial on how to install. It took a lot of troubleshooting before i realized the rosetta option needed to be enabled when installing homebrew:

qwe1154323937

Hello, I am a user in the Chinese area. Your plug-in has helped me a lot.
However, I noticed that you did not localize it. I provided Chinese localization for it. I hope you can add it in the next version!
Thank you very much!

Attachments

• zh-CN.zip
    982 bytes · Views: 38

NicoIsntHere

Can't reply to my review (had crashing caused by this plugin) I have found that using the Wire mode was causing my crashing. Even using a single visualizer with no input or source the wire mode no matter the settings would cause crashing for me. Bars or circular bars no issues whatsoever. I have posted a review and made a post with my crash logs and hope it can be sorted out because I really like the look of the Wire mode with fill on. Cheers.

TDLR: Wire mode (any settings) causes crashing for me and even one Blue Screen
(Specs: 3700x, Gigabyte x470 mobo, 3070ti and 32GB 3200mhz ram)

Attachments

• Crash 2021-12-19 23-14-18.txt
    150 KB · Views: 38

univrsal

Can't reply to my review (had crashing caused by this plugin) I have found that using the Wire mode was causing my crashing. Even using a single visualizer with no input or source the wire mode no matter the settings would cause crashing for me. Bars or circular bars no issues whatsoever. I have posted a review and made a post with my crash logs and hope it can be sorted out because I really like the look of the Wire mode with fill on. Cheers.

TDLR: Wire mode (any settings) causes crashing for me and even one Blue Screen
(Specs: 3700x, Gigabyte x470 mobo, 3070ti and 32GB 3200mhz ram)
Yeah there seems to be some issues with drawing. I can't reproduce the issue myself, but I wanted to rewrite that at some point anyways. I don't have too much time on my hand right now, though.

RaduL

Hello @universallp i have recently installed OBS Studio ME, its a version of OBS that has the option to add vst3 plugins and the spectralizer doesnt seem to capture any audio from my pc. I want to mention that i have used Spectralizer before this change on the last version of OBS and worked fine. Can you check to see if its compatible with OBS Studio ME version and if you can make a workoaround? Bellow is the log file. Thanks in advance and good job btw.

univrsal

Hello @universallp i have recently installed OBS Studio ME, its a version of OBS that has the option to add vst3 plugins and the spectralizer doesnt seem to capture any audio from my pc. I want to mention that i have used Spectralizer before this change on the last version of OBS and worked fine. Can you check to see if its compatible with OBS Studio ME version and if you can make a workoaround? Bellow is the log file. Thanks in advance and good job btw.

Did it work with music edition before? I don't use music edition and I don't really plan on trying to fix that issue. There's some other people that have had problems with getting the visualizer to work which might be related, but I haven't found a solution.

MurdoMaclachlan

I'm also having this problem. When I monitor audio in OBS, it looks like the visualization is in sync, but when I listen to it on the stream, it's pretty obvious that the visualizer is actually AHEAD of the music. The visualizer moves first, then you hear the audio. I'd love to figure out what's up so I can use this.

I'm experiencing this issue too, with OBS 27.1.3 on Linux.

I'm using the spectralizer with a VLC source and in preview it looks fine, but watching back streams or recorded videos, the spectralizer appears to run roughly a second ahead of the music. jglisson's and ThanaKhan's comments seem to have been missed, so I was wondering if this is a known issue, and if there's any effort going into investigating/fixing it, or at least adding the ability to add a custom delay to the spectralizer to work around it.

univrsal

I'm experiencing this issue too, with OBS 27.1.3 on Linux.

I'm using the spectralizer with a VLC source and in preview it looks fine, but watching back streams or recorded videos, the spectralizer appears to run roughly a second ahead of the music. jglisson's and ThanaKhan's comments seem to have been missed, so I was wondering if this is a known issue, and if there's any effort going into investigating/fixing it, or at least adding the ability to add a custom delay to the spectralizer to work around it.
The visualizer gets the audio directly from obs so it rather feels like the audio itself in the video is delayed. I've had an issue like that on linux with multi track recordings, but other than that I have no clue

Andre_601

Not sure if this can be improved in any form, but when using the circle type do the lines look a bit odd.
Like it's hard to explain for me, but they don't quite form a proper circle and look like a bit off-center or something.

Hope this screenshot here can help understanding this issue:
1642063663105.png

danielUL

Hej everyone. I want to use the plugin as an audio (meter) indicator with just on bar. So I set detail to 1 bin. Unfortunately just a zero, not moving bin is show. Setting detail to 2 bins a moving and a zero bin are shown. Three bins are shown correct.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    60.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 2.png
    2.png
    59.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 3.png
    3.png
    62.3 KB · Views: 43