spectralizer

spectralizer v1.3.4

Talonis

Update, I just tested Spectralizer 1.3.4 + OBS 26.1.2 + MacOS 11.2 (Big Sur) on my M1 Macbook Air and it works flawlessly! Thank you @universallp for your work on this!

Oooh. How did you get it to work on your M1 Mac? I just tried but it failed – It doesn't show up as an available source to add in. (It works fine on my old Intel Mac, though).

Any hints much appreciated!

Talonis

Yep, installed on same setup as seabass9 and not appearing in OBS on M1 Mac. Brew & fftw installed, but nothing in OBS.

Tamerax

Just wanted to add that I also don't have this working with the Asio Input. Installed from Github this morning.
Thanks!

Talonis

Well, I've tried everything I reasonably can to get this working on an M1 Mac (after reading extensively here and elsewhere), but I know my limits so giving up on this.

Instead I will probably just pop some kind of animated logo on the screen – heck it may even look like a spectralizer (it doesn't have to be accurate, it just has to move).

RichardCBAT

How to make Spectralizer works on M1 (Apple Silicon)?

1) Download the latest version of Spectralizer
2) Install Homebrew (https://brew.sh) UNDER Rosetta
  • Right click on TERMINAL App / Get Info
    GetInfo.png
  • Check "Open using Rosetta"
    UnderRos.png
  • Insert the "arch -x86_64" before the installation command from the https://brew.sh like this:
    arch -x86_64 /bin/bash -c "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/HEAD/install.sh)"
  • Follow the instructions in the Terminal
3) Install FFTW in the same window of Terminal: brew install fftw
4) Install Spectralizer
5) You are ready to go ;-)

I hope these instructions have helped you!

cwawesome

Hey! For some reason, I have the .dll file downloaded and installed in the plugins folder, but it won't show up on obs, will somebody help?

thevelvetoutlet

so im quite new to obs, specifically about 12 hours new and i downloaded the spectralizer for an effect i saw in which you focus the view in on one of the bars and place an image overlay filter to create the illusion of animation triggered by audio.

i used an image that had a transparent background and despite my successful attempt to recreate the effect, the transparent parts of the image are now solid black. i presume this is due to the color of the bar coming through the transparency. trying to use any of the various color key filters reduces the image to distorted pixels so that isnt an option to clear the crude box. is there any other way i could remedy this or am i just s#!t outta luck?

thank youuuu.

Vectif

Hello. I love the Spectralizer plugin and I find it very neat. However, there's something I'd like to do that I'm not sure how I can go about it, if anyone has an answer or can point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it.

I want to make Spectralizer work with either just one single bar, or to be more of a "pulsing" thing rather than volume bars. Is there a way I could use Spectralizer, or volume values to make something alter it's brightness or transparency as a whole? E.g. depending on volume to make a whole image or square or canvas light up. Most of the time spectralizer will go in one direction, whether upwards, downwards, or sideways, or in a circle, but is there a way to make it some sort of pulse instead? For example, what if I wanted to have something that lights up as volume starts/stop or fades as it gets louder or quieter. Is there a way I could achieve that? Thanks!

Beelz

Hey there! Really wanted to get this awesome plugin running for my stream but I'm running into a problem.
I've followed the manual instructions and even used the installer (for win64) and for some reason OBS never wants to launch. The process doesn't even run, it just won't run. After removing the Spectralizer files OBS runs just fine again. Is this a known issue by chance?

Thanks in advance!

ADRIlAN

OBS wont laucn and is crashing when switching scenes with spectralizer added as source. No problems without it. latest version of obs studio

かつこ

Hi!
This is something I have written in my initial review of the plugin but I figured that it would be best if posted here.
A few features that I would personally like seen:

Display custom frequency range
Ability to easily add/make third-party filters (akin to Monstercat filter, SGS)

In any case, this plugin is wonderful. Thank you in advance and for posting this plugin (=^・ω・^=)

univrsal

Hi!
This is something I have written in my initial review of the plugin but I figured that it would be best if posted here.
A few features that I would personally like seen:

Display custom frequency range
Ability to easily add/make third-party filters (akin to Monstercat filter, SGS)

In any case, this plugin is wonderful. Thank you in advance and for posting this plugin (=^・ω・^=)
I don't think either of these will be added anytime soon. I don't really know how to limit the frequency range and adding filters would need to be done by adding them to the plugin as I don't see an easy way to let them be added on the fly.

Freschi

Hi i got a feature request:
first of all thanks for the great plugin.
the only feature i am missing atm is to let the colors to start at 1 point and then fade to another.

Pegaso

Hello friends, Spectralizer when adding The plugin in a VLC video source does not work, it goes very well with Multimedia Source.

Only VLC allows adding a folder or multiple video files.

I appreciate if someone has any solution, greetings.

=============================
OBS 26.1.1 (64 Bit, Windows)

Windows 10

Pegaso

Hello friends, Spectralizer when adding The plugin in a VLC video source does not work, it goes very well with Multimedia Source.

Only VLC allows adding a folder or multiple video files.

I appreciate if someone has any solution, greetings.

=============================
OBS 26.1.1 (64 Bit, Windows)

Windows 10
[/CITA]

Spectralizer, only allows you to play audio with the VLC VIDEO SOURCE (it works perfect), when adding videos or a folder with videos (mp4) only the video is played and SPECTRALIZER does not appear

Jerrid80

As a music streamer, this plugin is EXACTLY what I need. Thanks for making this.

That being said, I also run Mac and the installation process is overly complicated and borderline sus. IDK why you "hate" Apple, but would you consider developing updates to make the process that much easier? I'm currently using an Intel Mac, and will soon upgrade to M-series. @RichardCBAT posted what it's currently like with an M1 Mac, but Rosetta will eventually fade as developers make more optimized software for the Apple silicon. You mentioned a $100 price. Is that for The App Store? I doubt that's necessary for the plug-in.

univrsal

As a music streamer, this plugin is EXACTLY what I need. Thanks for making this.

That being said, I also run Mac and the installation process is overly complicated and borderline sus. IDK why you "hate" Apple, but would you consider developing updates to make the process that much easier? I'm currently using an Intel Mac, and will soon upgrade to M-series. @RichardCBAT posted what it's currently like with an M1 Mac, but Rosetta will eventually fade as developers make more optimized software for the Apple silicon. You mentioned a $100 price. Is that for The App Store? I doubt that's necessary for the plug-in.
The 100$ annual fee is for an Apple developer account so I can sign the release. If I don't do that users will not be able to run the installer or even the plugin without getting a fun little message box like this:
1623169389686.png

Last edited:

Corelogix

I'm fairly new to OBS, I run Mac Big Sur os with intel chip. It has been stated that it's a complicated process to install. I installed the spectralizer.v1.3.4.macos.pkg and it does not show up in the sources list (see below) do I need to install something else? What are the install steps and any additional software if needed. Thanks so much.
1623996833986.png