Source Record

Source Record 0.3.2

phillymantis

i finally nailed down everything i can and cant do currently with source record
it works perfectly with the nvenc encoder.....the one that only says "NVENC" not "NVIDIA NVENC" that one crashes obs

even if you source record 3 items....the maximum it grabs is two....alongside your main recording
if you selected 3...it will pick randomly which 2 from the 3....guessing thats a limitation

OtterNas3n

i finally nailed down everything i can and cant do currently with source record
it works perfectly with the nvenc encoder.....the one that only says "NVENC" not "NVIDIA NVENC" that one crashes obs

even if you source record 3 items....the maximum it grabs is two....alongside your main recording
if you selected 3...it will pick randomly which 2 from the 3....guessing thats a limitation
Usually Nvidia Desktop GPU's have a "NVenc Session limit" of 3 concurrent Decode/Encode sessions
Look here under the "Max # of concurrent sessions" for your GPU:

However there is a way to "patch" this - Use on your own risk
Have a look here:

Moo,
Otter

QuakerWinters

Hello,

I have OBS 29.0.0, Source Record 0.3.2 and have three mkv files being output to three different folders successfully, but when I stop the recording OBS crashes with the following log output attached. I thought about pasting but its a lot.

So, everything records correctly. It is just that when I hit Stop Recording, it will crash 99% of the time.

I love this plugin and hope to get it working 100%. It is the solution I have been hunting for.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
QuakerWinters

Attachments

• Crash 2023-01-09 12-40-16.txt
    95.8 KB · Views: 27

phillymantis

Usually Nvidia Desktop GPU's have a "NVenc Session limit" of 3 concurrent Decode/Encode sessions
Look here under the "Max # of concurrent sessions" for your GPU:

However there is a way to "patch" this - Use on your own risk
Have a look here:

Moo,
Otter
you are a genius my man

i just installed a 4090 geforce Founders edition to match my 13th gen i9 13900k intel cpu
i applied the patch and it worked i tried source record again now with one more additional scene recording and it got sooo choppy
im thinking how is this possible? with 3 recordings all is fine on a 3080.....with 4 its a slideshow ....on a 4090 i wanna cry waaaaah!

guess ill wait for the source record plugin to deliver us that sweet sweet AV1 encoder option as a working option.....right now when i choose that in source record and hit record obs crashes ....is it just me?

safwanafridi

Hi. I removed the background using the chroma key on my greenscreen in Video Capturing Device. Now I want to record that video capturing device and it is giving me a black background in the recording. Can I change that background with any image or a different colour in the recording?

Vlambulance

Hello !
I absolutely love this ! however i got some questions i am unable to figure out.
-> Is it normal that the 'replay buffer' function is not working?
-> When i am recording only my camera and then go into my edit software, it has a black border around it. is there a way to remove this?
-> I have 5 audio tracks on my normal recording, BUT on the 'source record' recordings i only have 1 track. This way i need to use my normal record for audio tracks, and then the source record game record for my game so i can adjust the tracks.
Does anyone know how to resolve any of these issues? I would appreciate it allot !

juniornkanabassi

I've been using Source Record ever since it got released on mac so for a few months now. I just had a few questions regarding the plugin as I am rather new to it all. Firstly, I'd like to know if it's normal to have to close and relaunch OBS each time I make an adjustment to the source record effect. I have found that if I make an adjustment and try a recording without quitting and re-launching OBS source record behaves like it previously did. Secondly, I'm a bit confused as to how the audio recording aspect of source record works. Is it possible to record multitrack audio or is one limited to a single audio track? Further, I don't quite understand what is going on with the different audio sections. For some reason when I leave it unticked, I don't get any audio whatsoever and don't understand how the "audio track" and "source" dropdown work. If I apply the source record effect to an entire scene does it record all the audio from that scene?

SavvySpud

Hi Exeldro, I found your Source Record plugin for OBS just now. I use an old version of OBS and couldn't find a way to get it for that version. Is it possible?

Celteron

Hey,
i need some help. I dont get the plugin running. I have had running it like weeks ago, but it doesnt appear in effects anymore.
I tried with version
29, 28 and 27

Any one has an idea ?

OctagonalSquare

two questions that I have about this:
1. Does it continue recording if I switch scenes? If so how does it not record every source with this filter every time?
2. If I am using the instant replay plugin you made, will it record the replay or just continue recording the source?

jazman

Hi
I wonder if someone can explain to an idiot(me) how to install the plugin in ubuntu 20.4 I can't get it to work.
Kind regards

TLDR: Hotkeys for save replay disappear.

The Problem:
I had source record installed awhile ago and it worked perfectly for the longest time, then around November - December time frame it stopped recording my Game Capture source. I have it set up to record a 60s replay on two sources, my camera and my game capture sources in OBS with separate audio tracks.

My attempted fix:
I went through and reapplied the filters, no luck. I uninstalled the plugin and reinstalled and applied filters, no game capture hotkey. Then I did a clean wipe and reinstalled OBS (latest update) and source record plugin (latest update). Both hotkeys for "Save Replay" showed up, but then eventually the Game Capture hotkey disappeared again (it also had a weird audio delay now).

Now the only source record filter that works consistently is the filter applied to my camera, even though I have the same filter settings applied to both the camera and the game capture input.

I'm sure it's a simple fix, but my potato brain has not been able to figure it out for months. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1675529149706.png
1675528983697.png

Could you explain further what this does? OBS can already record, but I assume this adds something - the question is, what does it add? Trying to decide if I should try it or not.
LoisE, I believe "source record" will record one source at a time instead of all the sources together at one time. However, I haven't used the virtual camera in a long time, so I could be wrong. I think when you use the virtual camera it does record everything. Good luck!

LoisE

I thought you could always select which sources to record - one or more - by clicking them on or off? I must be missing something here. Bottom line, is I want to be able to record one a/v source (e.g. something playing in a browser window) while watching & listening to another (e.g. a saved video playing through VLC or similar), without them interfering with one another - i.e. without hearing what I'm recording or recording what I'm actively watching. Will this help me do that (or can I do that in some other way?). I've been experimenting.

mezmetize

Hi, first thanks @Exeldro for this plugin, it is very useful. I wanted to tell you that I am currently using OBS v29 and the latest Source Record update (0.3.2). I have been testing recording 3 different sources (cameras connected to ElGato Camlink Pro), two of them encoding with x264 and one with NVENC (all at 5500kbps CBR) for OBS configuration in recording and stream I use NVENC. I had no problems so far, I will keep testing, hopefully it will be helpful to someone else when they see OBS crashed when this plugin is enabled.

Setup:
Ryzen 7 3700X
32GB RAM
GTX 1660S

SOBproject.cc

Doesn't seem to be showing up in Macos 13.2 with OBS 29
Same here. I either cannot install in "standard" user mode...although it is installing for that user only...or I can install as Admin. But, the filters are not available.

Is there a manual installation procedure for Source Record on MacOS, directly into the obs-plugins folder?

TalonRahl

Hello,

Has anyone been able to get it where if you have a capture card as a source and you want to capture the source only you are able to also get the audio from that source? When I try to mess with audio tracks the "source record" recording has audio that sounds "off" is the only way I can explain it in comparison to the audio of the "main stream" that has all my overlays and stuff that I dont want in the recording which is why I am using source record.

Setup.

-Streaming with Nvenc CBR 9000
-Recording gameplay with Source Record Nvenc CQP 22 // audio distorted when using "different audio"
-Recording camera with Source Record x264 // audio NOT distorted when using "different audio".

Is this just a limitation of NVENC with source record? I know in its original implementation NVENC didnt have full support.

Any help would be appreciated.
My email is talonrahl@gmail.com. I have logs and recordings if needed!

Dankeschon!