Source Record

Source Record 0.3.4

jorgeconstantini

I got a problem, after I setup the plugin and start recording a source, the resulting file is just recording what OBS records normaly, so the plugin isn't working. Is there anything that can be done or do I gotta wait for an update?

imeiul

@Exeldro ,

A suggestion:

anzidmtg

Running into an issue where, when I activate the Source Record plugin, the stats bar says my FPS is tanking and my average frame render time is spiking. The Stats dock also reports frames are being dropped due rendering lag, but looking at the GPU history on my M2 MBA, it doesn't look like I'm maxed out on CPU or GPU resources. I'm not sure if the Stats dock is accurate, but I'm curious why I'd be getting rendering lag when I'm not bottlenecked while the plugin is active?

ASchneider

Hello @Exeldro!

Sorry to ping you, but I was wondering if this will be possible in the near future: Steve from vdo.ninja is working on WHIP streaming from OBS directly to his service, this is HUGE. This is something on my wish-list for the longest time, to be able to stream a specific source to vdo.ninja without using virtual cameras or other workarounds, this will be possible when OBS 29 releases. Do you think that this plugin could do that as well (stream using WHIP protocol, NVENC encode and so on)? Here's a video from Steve showing the idea - https://youtu.be/ynSOE2d4Z9Y

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Thank you very much.

Last edited:

Statman24

Will the ability to Source Record 2 QuickSync "Replay buffers" simultaneously be fixed in an upcoming version?

Right now, when I use that encoder for 2 Source Records, both of the saved recordings are the same... and I believe always the one that is "Program" selected. Works fine with H.264 encoder.

Pseikshot

Hossa.

I am currently using OBS Studio 28.1.2 with plugin version 0.3.1 with OBS 28 support. Unfortunately, the plugin does not work as intended. When the filter is applied on a source or nested scenes, the plugin window shows the correct preview image. However, in the recorded footage, the complete scene is recorded and not the dedicated sources or scenes.

Screenshot: https://ibb.co/hWDhgm2

Does anyone have the same problem or a solution?

Minionat0r

Hello.

I have the same problem as with Pseikshot.
Source Record as a filter doesn't work for me with a video input device.
It always records the current scene and scene change.

Minionat0r

Hello.

I have the same problem as with Pseikshot.
Source Record as a filter doesn't work for me with a video input device.
It always records the current scene and scene change.
Hm, ok with the x264 encoder it works.
Apparently the NVENC encoder cannot differentiate between 2 encoded sources.

phillymantis

I know one of the known issues is "encoder overloaded"
and i know that isnt the fault of the plugin but moreso whats "possible or realistic"
so im curious if what im about to ask is possible

if i have a 12th gen intel i9
an rtx 3080
and 32gb ram

will upgrading to 128gb of ram make a difference?

my goal is i have 3 cameras hooked to a capture card bringing in 4k footage......i setup 3 scenes each displaying one camera
i want to source record each 4k scene

is that possible? or is it doomed to overload? and if it is possible which piece of hardware do you think i need to upgrade to acheive that goal? go 4090?

phillymantis

Just did that, and it did not work.

If use FFMPEG (Hardware), it starts recording all sources but OBS crashes after a few seconds.

If I set the exact same settings as my main encoder (H264 NVENC) it does not crash but sources are not recorded.

I'm sending both logs when it crashes and when no files were recorded.

Thanks!
yea i got the crash after 15 minutes thing too

another thing i noticed is....it varies how many scenes source record will capture.....i have 4 scenes and set them all with a source record "recording" filter at best 2 get captured along with my main recording
but never all 4 files created

phillymantis

Exeldro updated Source Record with a new update entry:

Version 0.3.2
Read the rest of this update entry...im gonna upload my crash log from last night but i source recorded multiple scenes and after about 15 minutes trhe obs dll would lock up on me.....i found a way to quickly keep going by launching another instance of obs ...then closing it.....it would unfreeze the existing instance of obs and continue recording with no issue

the freeze was always a preview freeze that still allowed me to swap between scenes

btw loving the update....but it seems when recording sources....i could put it on 4 scenes...and it would only capture two scenes maximum with my main recording (3 files)

Kakskiv

Is it possible to set the file name (Filename Formatting) with websocket?
I couldn't find it in the filter settings list.

HCdalen

i have a problem to change the duration on the replay i always get 5 sec i the file. doesn´t matter if i make the duration to 25 sec.