RicohLA

Feature Name: Advanced Source Switcher & Source Multiview (dockable/window/fullscreen)
Caution: Bad English grammar ahead.
Abstract
Multiview for multiple scenes is already great, I know. But it's inefficient if you plan to use 1 scene per camera and it looks unorganized and intimidating if I want to teach this to my colleague. How about creating a Multiview for source inside a scene, where instead of changing scenes, we can change which sources we want to be on TOP of any other source layers. This could be an alternative to expensive video switcher such as ATEM Mini also, it can be an useful feature for streamdeck users. This idea might feel unorthodox compared to other ideas, but sure there's probably some AVL dudes like me who want to make their own live event with this amazing open source software. By the way, there's a couple ways you can make this work IMO.

1. Using Top of the layer method
In multiview, when you click one source that you want it to display on program, that source will be put on top of any other layers. This, however, will have an issues if your individual sources contains it's own audio, therefore this method will works for one audio source on the bottom of the layers (most of the time, it came from audio room as a single mixed audio).

2. Using "Eyeball" method
In multiview, when you click one source that you want it to display on program, that source will stay visible while other's layer are disabled via eyeball. This this method, you can have as many audio as you want and it won't conflict other sources. Plus, you can flawlessly transition with source transition from the latest update. And it works well with studio mode.

Please Read
You guys might figure out the pros and cons, probably have a better way to do it. And if you do have a different opinion on how this might work, I am very welcome to your ideas. We want to give as many ideas to help the devs.

Reactions: Met