SIMPLY STARTING OBS causes stutter/lag in all games

coderedb13

Hello everyone

I have been streaming/recording for a couple of months now, and after a lot of help from the internet I had been ''successfully'' utilizing this amazing program. However, I noticed something strange, these last couple of weeks, as the title clearly says. I have done some testing, where I basically went to the lengths of getting a clean install of my Windows 10 Pro, I updated all possible drivers (GPU, CPU, devices), I cross referenced the best settings for OBS for my rig.. but I am literally helpless right now, like I am slowly fading into depression. At first I thought the issue was me using different refresh rate monitors (144 and 75hz) because the issue seemed similar.. but no. Let's say I am playing Warzone, I am getting 130-160fps on 2K resolution, everything is fine. AS SOON as I start OBS, the game starts to lag/stutter. The weird thing is that the frames are more or less remaining the same, I have always seen a hit of at least 10-20fps whenever I have been streaming/recording in the past with NVENC for both, however I JUST noticed that this happens without me actually even streaming or recording anything. I have tried CS:GO. Valorant. It's always like that, as soon as I have OBS launch, It's done. Even though it seems pointless, since the issue is not while recording or streaming, here is my log file https://obsproject.com/logs/6GI1E2QQq1LG05N5

I am in desperate need of help, I sincerely appreciate anyone who is reading this and has questions or answers for me that can lead to solving my problem.

coderedb13

Sorry for double posting, my friend just figures something out.. It SEEMS that having OBS on my second monitor causes the issue, however that is not that case if the program is on my main monitor.. WHAT?! FYI I have tried Enabling/Disabling stream preview. Another edit. Minimizing OBS while it is on the 2nd monitor seems to help if not remove the issue to the point of where I can't tell anymore.

Another thing I have done now to address this issue with the dual monitor set up is to go into the Nvidia panel and enable GPU scaling for both my monitors as well as ticking No Scaling, I saw this guy having a similar issue with the same setup as I am, I thought it could help, here is his video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIB05upiLT4&list=LL&index=2&t=119s just to avoid confusion (hopefully it's ok to post the link)

I have also added a log file from my stream below.

It's 4AM here, I will hope someone smarter than me will run to my rescue, I will try to get some sleep instead of sitting here and going crazy over this, thank you guys in advance for your time.

Attachments

• 2021-06-16 21-30-32.txt
    24.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

TryHD

The cause is the ancient windows 10 version you run, it is so old that even microsoft doesn't support it anymore. Updating to the lastest does fix this.

coderedb13

.. Are you serious?

I reverted back to this version because my render times in premier pro became horrifically slow, literally making rendering a 1 minute video with no effects at all for 5 to 10min minimum. The newest updates with the weather/news section in the task bar and the one after that. So I reinstalled and immediately disabled the updates... What version should I let It install to, if you have any knowledge on the issue, I don't want my render times going to slowpoke land again..