SGoldman02

Recently I have been preparing my OBS Studio to start streaming again and in all of my test streams I have had this same, strange issue. All of my mic and source audio is coming through perfectly clean, no issues, except for my computer audio. This also only happens in the recording itself, on my end I hear no crackling in the sound until I watch the video. I have done the obvious of restarting OBS, turning my computer off and back on. As well as some of the more well known audio fixes like checking to make sure everything is running on the same sample rate. Currently, all of my audio is running through Voicemeeter Potato and VB Audio Cables A + B. Everything is also currently set to have a sample rate of 44.1kHz but I have also tried setting everything to 48kHz.

Please help if you can

Kraezy

Run a test stream and see if you can reproduce the crackling.
Post a log

Hard to diagnose anything without seeing the log, though immediate thoughts would lead to sample mismatch when you say 'everything' is that including Voicemeter itself (within the software), all virtual cables, OBS.

I'd check your audio drivers
Also try running LatencyMon (will check for hardpage faults in drivers) and whether your system is experiencing any hangups through your audio channels.

But again, better to post a log first.

SGoldman02

Important update: I changed the voicemeeter outputs from WDM to MME to see if a higher buffer size would help and the issue is gone. I feel kind of dumb but at least its fixed. Thank you for the help!

Kraezy

Yeah typically the audio codec will have an impact which would have been the next step.
Just be aware that the higher buffer size when using MME can introduce latency / audio sync issues over time.