Resource icon

Scene Tree Folder plugin for OBS Studio 0.1.5

Wolvalin

Thank you so much for making this addon. If ever there were an addon that should have been native from the very beginning, this is it.

alphak

I would like to suggest a feature, could we transition to the scene when double click in studio mode (same as original option), in stead of rename the scene?
i think that's a great ideal , because instead of renaming it should be be just like the original transmission when you double click

That's a great way of putting it :D

If you need help with the json file editing, let me know. I can give you an outline of the file structure.

I finally took the time to give it a go. It really is as easy as you say it is.

I figured it out; it was a lot easier than I thought it might be, especially after I run the compacted mess of a JSON file through a JSON formatter.

First and foremost, I backed the damned JSON file up before I did a damned thing.

Then, I renamed the collection, first within the JSON file. Before I saved the changes, I copied the proposed name of the collection from the folder JSON file into the clipboard.

Then, I fired up OBS Studio. I noticed my folders were gone, a fully-expected event.

Finally, I went to Scene Collection/Rename. I pasted the new name into the blank, et voilà! The folders I'd created return!

Sometimes, just knowing a few small details make all the difference, as I'd put it, "the true nature of the beast". In this case, it's that OBS Studio does not expose scene collection names, especially changes thereto, to plugins, as you'd mentioned. So thanks for that little bit of information, and everything else was a snap!

--Katt. =^.^=

DigitOtter

i think that's a great ideal , because instead of renaming it should be be just like the original transmission when you double click
The feature should already be added in the newest version :)
It's linked to the corresponding studio mode setting. To enable it, download the newest version of the plugin. Then, set the settings check-mark at File -> Settings -> General -> Studio Mode -> Transition to scene when double-clicked.

DigitOtter

DigitOtter updated Scene Tree Folder plugin for OBS Studio with a new update entry:

Summary of recent fixes and changes

Fix scene transition occurring twice on double-click
Fix infinite loop if no name change results in two folders with same name

Save scene tree folder expanded state on program close
Add right-click option to add folder
Added Portuguese Brazilian translation thanks to msmafra
Added option to display scene and/or folder icons

Read the rest of this update entry...

Bygrilinho

Awesome plugin! Absolute must have, used to have some weird separator scenes but this is much better
Small request tho, could you make it match themes? At least the default ones, I don't know how this works but I've seen some plugins that match any theme, feels a bit out of place rn.
Also custom icons would be pretty epic. Thanks!

cristian44137

Hey, I have two suggestions and one issue;

The suggestion is to open the folder on the click of the name, not just the icon, this way it would be far easier to use; And to always show the [>] icon so that we can differentiate the grouped scenes from the other individual scenes.

And the issue is that whenever I close and open OBS the Scene Tree dock resizes by itself, to the point it occupies all the space available after a few restarts of OBS. That's honestly the only thing that is pushing me back to install this plugin, 'cause is bugging me out, lol.

DigitOtter

Thanks!

@Bygrilinho Ah, I'll see what I can do regarding the themes. I took a look at it a while ago and thought I had it working, but apparently the icons don't switch. Regarding the custom icons, it's a good idea, just the UI for it is a bit of work to design. When I have a bit of free time I'll look at it.

@cristian44137 Yeah, opening and closing a folder with a click is a good idea! Sadly, always showing the > expand arrow is not possible without a workaround (see https://forum.qt.io/topic/103402/always-show-expand-icon-in-tree-view). However, you can have folders show an icon next to their names via right-clicking on them and selecting "Show folder icon".
Also, could you send me a screenshot of how you have the scene tree setup when closing OBS? I've been unable to reproduce the problem on my end.

Copain

Simple and fantastic plugin! Here are some suggestions to make this even better, in order of importance:
  • There's no visual distinction between what is a scene and what is a folder. This could be fixed with some simple text formatting, icons or using a + symbol for folders (the latter is the best option).
  • Use connecting nodes to make it easy to distinguish tree depth. This will make it easier to determine how deep a folder is in the tree view.
  • Add the ability to hide scenes/folders. This would make it easy to hide subscenes that are never intended for use in production.
  • Scenes appear in reverse order compared to the native scene list. These should appear in the same order.
  • Custom formatting options and coloring would also be nice.
Other than that, great job so far!
Absolutely agree with these suggestions! This plugin is frankly wonderful. I've been waiting for this feature for years but the improvements proposed by nuttylmao would make it really perfect!

cristian44137

Thanks!

@Bygrilinho Ah, I'll see what I can do regarding the themes. I took a look at it a while ago and thought I had it working, but apparently the icons don't switch. Regarding the custom icons, it's a good idea, just the UI for it is a bit of work to design. When I have a bit of free time I'll look at it.

@cristian44137 Yeah, opening and closing a folder with a click is a good idea! Sadly, always showing the > expand arrow is not possible without a workaround (see https://forum.qt.io/topic/103402/always-show-expand-icon-in-tree-view). However, you can have folders show an icon next to their names via right-clicking on them and selecting "Show folder icon".
Also, could you send me a screenshot of how you have the scene tree setup when closing OBS? I've been unable to reproduce the problem on my end.
I can show you a recording, if that is of more help. Link to video

Last edited:

JR 01

There's seems to be something wrong with the scene organization, moving folders around can end up removing scenes, adding folders, and sometimes duplicating folders. As well, it crashes OBS when trying to view the missing scene in the normal scene dock.

I left more details on the Github issues.

Joshmframey

I have an issue with creating a folder. Its causing my OBS to freeze and make it non-responsive. i have the newest version downloaded.

FerretBomb

Crazy-handy for those of us that use a ton of nested scenes! Thanks so much for creating this. :)

Any way the empty space to the left could be eliminated when icons are hidden, and have the bottom-bar follow OBS' setting for hiding the bottom +/- bar? For tight workspaces, it gets really scrunched compared to the standard scene list:
1659470512600.png
vs
1659470535904.png

is a pretty significant loss of readability and access.

BigBadGod

Hi guys
I've been using this plugin for a short while and I was pretty happy with it, until now.
It suddenly turned all my folders to scenes. nothing is working. I'm literally stuck out of my stream. I tried restarting my PC. other than that I have no idea what I can do. I'm searching for a setting option or some config file. but I'm not that advance. can someone please help me whit it?

Attachments

• All folders are scenes.png
    All folders are scenes.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 25