LamChan

Since Mid-May streaming with x264 is causing rendering lag but not NVENC.
Only happens to the Nvidia system with GTX1080 with 8700k but not the AMD system with R9 Fury with 4770.
I was able to stream without any issue.
I Know & Tried :
Cap FPS​
Latest driver​
Scene related​
Change Encoder settings​
Lower & Lowest video quality in-game​
Game Capture & display capture related​
Change game to Full-screen / windowed / borderless​
Import the same scene and profile from the other machine.​
100% GPU usage may cause rendering lag which is not true.​
Tested with the AMD system same game with even higher settings to the game is lagging itself.​

Attachments

• 2019-06-09 15-43-05.txt
    6.7 KB · Views: 76

Narcogen

Rendering lag is not affected by encoder settings, as rendering occurs before encoding.

How low did you put your FPS cap? Because the amount of rendering lag in the log is significant. It's not as if you're close to the edge of running smoothly.

15:46:26.265: Output 'adv_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 4501 (39.5%)

LamChan

Rendering lag is not affected by encoder settings, as rendering occurs before encoding.

How low did you put your FPS cap? Because the amount of rendering lag in the log is significant. It's not as if you're close to the edge of running smoothly.

15:46:26.265: Output 'adv_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 4501 (39.5%)
Tried using v-sync, frame cap option inside the game, frame cap with RivaTuner Statistics Server the one comes with MSI Afterburner nothing works

I know that's a huge rendering lag but it has never happened before

LamChan

Well, turns out minimizing OBS fix rendering lag on Nvidia card using x264 Encoder.
Even with
Maxed out GPU usage
No frame cap
Running Msi afterburner + RivaTuner
1080P / 60FPS
6000 Kbps
Read more than 40 threads, only one from a non-active member mentioned minimizing OBS