GregPeatfield

The plugin is working well to control the cameras and the presets.
HOWEVER, each time OBS closes and then re-opens, the PTZ controls is not docked and have to redo the View->Docks->PTZ controls.
When it does then dock, all the renames of the presets has been lost.
Ouch, this doesn't happen to me, but sounds like the configuration isn't getting saved. Could this be you need to run as Administrator to make sure OBS has write access to the file (it may have originally been installed as ADMIN and USER might not be able to update the file properly).

wilderf353

Don't know if this will end up in the right spot, but my question is I plan on using two ptz cameras and can I position one camera while the feed from the second camera is active? For example, the camera on the choir is performing and being streamed and the second camera needs to move to the pulpit from a different location. This second camera move needs to be done while the choir is performing so I can then cut to the pulpit. Thanks for your help!

If I understand your question, we do this all the time. We keep OBS in studio mode ( 'preview' on the left and 'program' (live) on the right). While streaming PTZ camera #1 in the 'program' window, you can choose different scenes in the 'preview' window. If one of those scenes has PTZ camera #2 in it, you can change the pan/tilt/zoom settings and see the affects in real time in the 'preview' window. When the PTZ settings are where you want them to be, hit the transition button to swap 'program' & 'preview'.

wilderf353

The plugin is working well to control the cameras and the presets.
HOWEVER, each time OBS closes and then re-opens, the PTZ controls is not docked and have to redo the View->Docks->PTZ controls.
When it does then dock, all the renames of the presets has been lost.

On Windows, I think the settings for PTZ Controls are maintained in a configuration file called 'config.json'. To find it:
  1. In OBS, in the menu bar at the top, click on Help->log files -> show log files.
  2. Windows Explorer should open. If you navigate up 1 level, and then select the plugin_config folder, then the ptz-controls folder, you should see the config.json file.
A ) What is the date of the file ... is it close to current date/time?
B ) Is there a backup file? Does it have a near current date/time?
C ) It is a text based file, so you can open it and view it ... just don't make any changes unless you know what you are doing?

Something else...have you checked a current OBS log file? Are there any error messages in it created by PTZ Controls?

sotspodcast

Still hoping for any advice on getting a Logitech PTZ Pro 2 to work on this. OBS sees the camera as Logitech Group cam, has image coming from it but no way to control the PTZ

ghostman90215

Been using this plug-in for a while with PTZ Presets. I still can't figure out how to trigger a preset for each scene. Behavior I'm trying to do:
1. when I Transition a Scene from Preview to Progam, I want to trigger an associated Cameras and Preset. How do I to that?

EstebanTroncoso

First of all, thank you very much for this effort making our lives a lot easier!

I recently bought a cheap chinese poor quality PTZ cam that comes with no documentation at all, it does not have a web page, nothing. I can find nothing related to it.

So my question was: is there a way to find out what's whether UDP/TCP port to connect OBS Studio plugin to? I've tried the most common port numbers and I'm not managing to control it.

Any help will be really appreciated.

Thank you very much!

P.D.: I've attached a few pictures I've taken to the camera box so you can have an idea what camera is the one I have, and the ports that can be managed from the web interface of it.

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 57
  • Captura de pantalla 2022-03-22 174447.png
    Captura de pantalla 2022-03-22 174447.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 65

GregPeatfield

First of all, thank you very much for this effort making our lives a lot easier!

I recently bought a cheap chinese poor quality PTZ cam that comes with no documentation at all, it does not have a web page, nothing. I can find nothing related to it.

So my question was: is there a way to find out what's whether UDP/TCP port to connect OBS Studio plugin to? I've tried the most common port numbers and I'm not managing to control it.

Any help will be really appreciated.

Thank you very much!

P.D.: I've attached a few pictures I've taken to the camera box so you can have an idea what camera is the one I have, and the ports that can be managed from the web interface of it.
Hi,

It looks like this camera only support ONVIF protocol. I don't see reference to VISCA or VISCA over IP. This plugin does not yet support ONVIF so I don't think it is going to work for you right now.

ghostman90215

Been using this plug-in for a while with PTZ Presets. I still can't figure out how to trigger a preset for each scene. Behavior I'm trying to do:

-- When I Transition a Scene from Preview to Program, I want to trigger an associated Cameras and Preset. How do I do that?

Not to be annoying, but I still haven't seen a decent answer for this one. I'm happy to write it up if someone can mentor me.

toplachi

Not to be annoying, but I still haven't seen a decent answer for this one. I'm happy to write it up if someone can mentor me.
I just quoted previous answers from the thread

1) In the Scenes window, click on the scene where you want to have PTZ preset automatically activated. I am pretty sure that the scene must include a PTZ camera source that is a listed in the in the PTZ Devices frame of the PTZ Controls window.
2) Click on the "+" sign at the bottom of the Sources window to add a new source. A dropdown will open, select the PTZ Action option
3) A dialog window will open. In the Create New text control field, type in a unique name, then hit the OK button
4) A new Properties for ... dialog window will open. Select the options you want from all of the dropdown fields. You can hit the Test Action button to make sure it works, then hit the OK button.

View attachment 81495

Yes, you add a source to the scene in OBS and choose PTZ Action. Then choose the right camera and preset. You can decide whether to move the camera when you preview the scene or when you make it active.

prosys

I'm trying to get PTZ controls working with a Birddog PF120 camera which supports VISCA over IP - UDP. I can't get the camera to respond to the PTZ zoom or Preset controls (the camera doesn't have pan and tilt). I believe I have the IP and port settings correct. Attached is the OBS log file which shows the ptz exchanges with the camera. I note that there appears to be a number of timeouts occurring. The entries in the log from 19:45:54 on are a couple of zoom commands followed by selecting Preset 4 and Preset 7. Can you tell me if these are valid VISCA exchanges and if the responses from the camera give any indication of a problem? Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• 2022-03-30 18-43-51.txt
    44.3 KB · Views: 38

gravleycj

New to this plugin. We have Marshall 630NDI and the controls work great, VISCA over IP, UDP Port 52381. Presets, controls, everything has wonderful response. My issue is that when I go into the device settings, all the controls are grayed out. I can't alter exposure compensation, brightness, etc. Everything is gray and unresponsive. Could this be related to camera login credentials?

Thank you

wilderf353

New to this plugin. We have Marshall 630NDI and the controls work great, VISCA over IP, UDP Port 52381. Presets, controls, everything has wonderful response. My issue is that when I go into the device settings, all the controls are grayed out. I can't alter exposure compensation, brightness, etc. Everything is gray and unresponsive. Could this be related to camera login credentials?

Thank you
I wonder if these apps will let you modify the settings?

-> Camooz : https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/camooz-save-restore-camera-settings.1271/updates

-> Camprops: https://roland-weigelt.de/camprops/

-> ffmpeg:
- - - Get a list of devices​
ffmpeg -list_devices true -f dshow -i dummy​
- - - Show windows dialog for device​
ffmpeg -f dshow -show_video_device_dialog true -i video="HP Truevision HD"​

Paul2020

I’m trying to connect up a Hikvision RTSP camera but cannot connect to the controller. Which option and settings do I need?

gravleycj

I wonder if these apps will let you modify the settings?

-> Camooz : https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/camooz-save-restore-camera-settings.1271/updates

-> Camprops: https://roland-weigelt.de/camprops/

-> ffmpeg:
- - - Get a list of devices​
ffmpeg -list_devices true -f dshow -i dummy​
- - - Show windows dialog for device​
ffmpeg -f dshow -show_video_device_dialog true -i video="HP Truevision HD"​
Thanks, I can alter the camera settings with their web page interface via IP. It's just that these controls are in such a handy location it would be very nice to make adjustments on the fly, most especially exposure compensation. Our Church has terrible lighting and the Sun doesn't help as it move across our front windows.

joeblow

I've been using this plugin since the very beginning and the PTZ is working great.
But I cannot figure out, or if it's possible, to make adjustments (i.e. Pan Tilt Zoom) to the "preview" camera regardless of which camera that may be, so as not to accidently be adjusting the live "program" Camera.
In other words that the pan tilt zoom is confined only to the camera that is in the "preview" window and not the "program" window so as to avoid making mistakes

toplachi

I've been using this plugin since the very beginning and the PTZ is working great.
But I cannot figure out, or if it's possible, to make adjustments (i.e. Pan Tilt Zoom) to the "preview" camera regardless of which camera that may be, so as not to accidently be adjusting the live "program" Camera.
In other words that the pan tilt zoom is confined only to the camera that is in the "preview" window and not the "program" window so as to avoid making mistakes
Have you tried enabling the Lockout live PTZ moves in studio mode option inside the PTZ device settings?

wrf_pastor

I've got this plugin working on a test machine and am looking forward to using it live, once I can figure out how to inject the binary into a snap-maintained install of OBS (anyone with experience hacking snap, please respond!!)

But this post is really a feature request: would it be possible to increase the number of presets above 16? We use PTZOptics cameras that allow 255, and while we don't need THAT many, one of our cams currently has 20+.

toplachi

Hmmm... If I am going to need more presets than its current capabilities, probably my workaround would be adding a copy of my current ptz device, (using the same address but with new set of presets).