glikely

This is so great! Love the plugin (♥_♥)
Let me just request the ability to move from one preset to another in a configurable amont of time, virtually turning any PTZ camera into a motion control rig (Ô_Ô)
So that your request doesn't get forgotten, please file a feature request on GitHub:

glikely

glikely updated PTZ Controls with a new update entry:

v0.10.0-rc1

I committed a fair number of improvements to the plugin over the last week and I think it is work another release. Some of the changes are risky and may break stuff, so I'm making this an -rc. Please test and let me know how it is working.

New Features:
  • Provide list of source names when setting device name
  • Make PTZ device name track source name
  • Allow device to be associated with any source name
  • Move PTZDevice contructor/destructor into cpp
  • Assign...

Read the rest of this update entry...

glikely

v0.10.0

It took a few -rc releases to finally squash a bug on the live camera lock feature where sometimes a device moving from program to preview will still have its controls locked, and to sort out some UI issues, but it seems to be sorted now. So, v0.10.0 is out there with some helpful new features please go and test.

If you haven't already seen it, here is a short video showing of the live camera lock feature:

New Features:

glikely

PTZ-Controls Needs an Icon (Please Help!)

I need some help with this project. The PTZ Controls plugin needs an icon, but my graphic design skills are laughable at best. Are there any artistically minded folks would would like to create an icon for the project? If so, let me know by commenting in the discussion thread here: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/ptz-controls.143676/

To be used in the project I would need permission to use the icon either under the terms of the project license which is GPLv2, or under a...

Took a few minutes to throw this together. Can do something more if you like. Tried to follow the OBS logo theme.
OBS PTZ.png

glikely

Took a few minutes to throw this together. Can do something more if you like. Tried to follow the OBS logo theme.View attachment 76712
I like that. I was thinking in terms of a stylized PTZ style camera graphic, but that was feeling a little too concrete. The icon and arrows is better.

I think the lettering can be dropped. The logo will always be used on a page that also includes the project name, so having it in the logo is redundant and less 'iconic'.

How would it look if you used the OBS logo itself as the background instead of a gear?

toplachi

Just trying something while I cannot get my sleep... anybody can modify this to improve the idea

Attachments

• ptz01.jpg
    ptz01.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 19

60HzRumble

Actually I got it to work! Labeled my PTZ as COM3 via serial & boom! I figured it out.

I have a Fomako connected via USB which creates a COM port. It works but wont persist if the PC goes to sleep. I've found that if I switch to another COM port and back again it seems to wake up most of time. I think the issue may be with OBS releasing the COM port on sleep and not being able to resume control of it on wake. A reboot of the machine fixes it most, but not all, of the time. I wonder if within the power settings there might be something to look at?

I like that. I was thinking in terms of a stylized PTZ style camera graphic, but that was feeling a little too concrete. The icon and arrows is better.

I think the lettering can be dropped. The logo will always be used on a page that also includes the project name, so having it in the logo is redundant and less 'iconic'.

How would it look if you used the OBS logo itself as the background instead of a gear?
I'll make a few changes and see if you like it.