Jeramiah

Thank you for your thoughts.
1) I tested the system at home with the same cables as used in the church. The PTZ Control panel worked perfectly.
2)The control cable is the approriate shielded cable. By the way, there are two cameras in the system.
I can control the camera via the OBS Camera Control functions so I'm fairly sure that it is not a contol cable problem. Is it possible to uninstall and reinstall the ptz plug-in? Could that help? I wonder, if the streaming deck has someting to do do with the problem, although, it worked well with PTZ Control panel at home.

steve500

Mac OS Monterey Apple Silicon

The effort of this plugin is amazing as we use NDI cameras throughout our setup. Issue is that I am having the hardest time docking the UI of this tool where I'd like it to go. I have a pretty tiny 8" low resolution touch screen that I have OBS on, when I squish OBS window down small enough to fit that lcd display, the UI of the PTZ controls plugin seems to break OBS interface.

At times where I want to launch OBS without seeing the PTZ controls at all, when I disable it in the docks menu and relaunch OBS, the PTZ controls window appears separate of OBS floating without any window controls to resize or close it. The UI seems to get very confused.

Seppie

First, thank you for this amazing OBS plugin. Absolutely love it!

Our setup:
OBS with OBS-PTZ plugin on Windows PC
USB to serial cable
Three Tenveo (super cheap) cameras connected via serial (VISCA)

Every time we open OBS, the VISCA number resets on the cameras so they are all set to 1. We then have to log into camera 2 & 3 to reset their VISCA numbers and thus regain control through the OBS-PTZ plugin

Mostly curious if there is a quick fix from the OBS-PTZ side? Maybe there's a reset command, power on, or something sent as a default upon opening OBS? If not, we'll continue troubleshooting on our end.

We have a physical joystick that controls all three cameras with settings being saved. We have also been successful with other software-based USB-to-serial camera controllers, but they were garbage compared to your plugin and thus we're attempting to get this working. :)

Nafru

Stoked at finding this OBS addon!
So close to what I need for a junk Genbolt PTZ to get set up (needs ONVIF).
What if anything can I contribute for making this happen?
I noticed in a old post that you required a camera. Is that still the case?

Thanks for getting this as far as you all have!

glikely

Stoked at finding this OBS addon!
So close to what I need for a junk Genbolt PTZ to get set up (needs ONVIF).
What if anything can I contribute for making this happen?
I noticed in a old post that you required a camera. Is that still the case?

Thanks for getting this as far as you all have!

Yes, that is still the case. Until I have hardware I won't be working on ONVIF. However, is be happy to merge support if someone else gets it done and submits it as a pull request on GitHub

Nafru

Yes, that is still the case. Until I have hardware I won't be working on ONVIF. However, is be happy to merge support if someone else gets it done and submits it as a pull request on GitHub
Is there a specific camera you want for testing?
If so, what is the cost of it where you are?
If not, can you find a camera that you can test it on and give a price on that?

Nafru

So this may be a stupid question, but isnt the ONVIF already on Github to drop in?

Nafru

I wasnt trying to be a jerk with the question.
There are at least 4 ONVIF open source pulls on Git Hub that I found in different flavours of code and camera tests. I am not sure what you need for implementation etc.
I am still down with helping in any way I can or sending a donation for making it happen.

Rx7man

Awesome, thanks! Keep the ideas coming
One thing that bugs me about all the PTZ software is that it moves very notchy because it's a button, if you could select between a "button" style motion interface and a virtual joystick you could change the rate/direction of movement by how far you drag it,perhaps a doubleclick on it to "home"
I still haven't figured out how to get it to work with my PTZ camera yet (Genbolt 203x ip cam).. I've tried pretty much every combination of device type and port... can you give me a tip based on my camera settings?

Here's a screenshot of any relevant settings
1639638049426.png
1639638098829.png

1639638138925.png

It has serial coms in the settings, but they're not physically exposed on the camera, so kinda pointless, but I thought I'd include it to be complete
1639638276914.png

i'm going to try and sniff my network packets while using PTZ on other software and see what that reveals

Nafru

One thing that bugs me about all the PTZ software is that it moves very notchy because it's a button, if you could select between a "button" style motion interface and a virtual joystick you could change the rate/direction of movement by how far you drag it,perhaps a doubleclick on it to "home"
I still haven't figured out how to get it to work with my PTZ camera yet (Genbolt 203x ip cam).. I've tried pretty much every combination of device type and port... can you give me a tip based on my camera settings?

Here's a screenshot of any relevant settings
View attachment 78063View attachment 78064
View attachment 78065

It has serial coms in the settings, but they're not physically exposed on the camera, so kinda pointless, but I thought I'd include it to be complete
View attachment 78066

i'm going to try and sniff my network packets while using PTZ on other software and see what that reveals
The Genbolt is using RTSP and ONVIF for controls.

rtsp://IPaddress:554/11
ONVIF port: 8080
HTTP port: 80

SciTech

Love the Docs for our church live stream. I would like to suggest an enhancement. It would be nice if you can tell which preset was selected. We are using the ATEM mini and have a Powerpoint computer and then the PTZ camera. When the PowerPoint is being displayed we will select one of the docs presets so the PTZ camera has moved and focused. Then when we switch back to the PTZ camera you don't see the movement. The problem is, sometimes we don't remember if we selected the preset. Is there any way to make the preset change color or have a "pressed" appearance.? Please pass this on to developers.

wilderf353

May I ask how you can use a gamepad? I see that you can select it in the PTZ Controls menu
To control the pan/tilt/zoom on a camera, instead of using the onscreen buttons. For most of us, this doesn't work, because there are problems with the current 3rd party gamepad library used by PTZ Controls.

Last edited:

bradpeterson

I'm having problems with the PTZ Actions. It's working great on one OBS/computer, but doing weird things on a second OBS/computer.

On one OBS it isn't triggering on a scene selection, but on another OBS PTZ Action trigger correctly.

Yet when I configure the PTZ action and then click on "Test Action", it works for both OBS instances.

Any ideas? It seems like it's a small bug or user error on my end? For this second computer/OBS, the Test Action works, but a scene selection isn't triggering the PTZ Action. Is there anything I can do to try and debug this myself (I'm a capable software developer)?

toplachi

I have this little problem with the speed slider. If the speed slider is set to 15 and below, zooming in or out will no longer work and when I set the slider to 4 and below, pan and tilt will also stop working :-(

sgaechter

The plugin is extremely useful and works adequately, but I can't get the Xbox Controller to work on windows. I also encountered, the configs (camera setting and presets) will not be saved when OBS be restarted.. is there someone else having the same issues?

wilderf353

For many of us on Windows, the gamepad controller doesn't work because there are problems with the current 3rd party gamepad library used by PTZ Controls. It looks like on most computers, the 3rd party library is returning an invalid handle when initialized. See this search from additional details.

The camera presets work fine with our 2 FoMaKo cameras. When you say "will not be saved in OBS", what do you mean?
1) Are the preset names in the PTZ Control window gone when you restart OBS?
or
2) The preset names are there, but they don't work anymore?

The plugin is extremely useful and works adequately, but I can't get the Xbox Controller to work on windows. I also encountered, the configs (camera setting and presets) will not be saved when OBS be restarted.. is there someone else having the same issues?