Ie872

Did anyone know if RGBLink PTZ Camera or Zowietek PTZ Camera supports the ptzctrl CGI / API commands such as PTZOptics Cameras?My usecase is that by changing a scene the preset positions of the camera called (in OBS by using a Media Source with the CGI Call).
Or do the PTZ Control support automatic Preset Call when changing a scene? Thx

glikely

I am trying to use this on security cameras. Is there any way to use tdp instead of udp?
It is planned, but not implemented yet. Please file an issue on GitHub and include the specific camera(s) you're using so I can look up the technical detail.

glikely

glikely updated PTZ Controls with a new update entry:

v0.8.0

Hi everyone, I've just tagged another release. The big news in this one is I've implemented a basic ability to recall presets or move the camera when a scene becomes active in either program or preview. This is a very early prototype of the feature. Please try it out and give me feedback.

To use the feature, add a "PTZ Action" feature to the scene that you want to trigger camera movement on.

In other news, the UI layout has been improved and there have been a few bug fixes.

Read the rest of this update entry...

rosnow

Trying to get this to work with a 'PTZ Optics' camera.
Is there a configuration that is known to work? I've tried visca over IP with the IP address and a few different ports including 5678, which is shown in the camera page. None control the cam for me.

rosnow

Also, I had thought that NDI includes an interface to PTZ. Would it be possible to add that as a connection type?

GregPeatfield

Hello. Very new to all this but am trying to find a cable to connect PTZ to computer (mini din to usb ?) for a visca serial connection to call up presets in scenes. Any reccomendations for such a cable - does it exist?

What type of camera do you have, the best method would be to use the LAN cable going to the camera if it is an IP camera.

glikely

Trying to get this to work with a 'PTZ Optics' camera.
Is there a configuration that is known to work? I've tried visca over IP with the IP address and a few different ports including 5678, which is shown in the camera page. None control the cam for me.

PTZ Optics use a slightly variant of the VISCA protocol that hasn't been implemented yet. It is on the to-do list.

glikely

Hello. Very new to all this but am trying to find a cable to connect PTZ to computer (mini din to usb ?) for a visca serial connection to call up presets in scenes. Any reccomendations for such a cable - does it exist?

USB to VISCA is very rare. It is easier to find a usb to rs232 adapter and then an rs232 to VISCA cable.

Benno Holunder

Hi Grant, I compiled the new version 0.8.0 with the PTZ-Action and have only a quick question before testing the version in detail:
Why did you implement the PTZ-Action as an OBS-Source and not as an OBS-Filter. Following the standard OBS logic I would see it as a Filter applied to a Scene. Within the Filter you have then to select the Source item within the Scene which shall be controlled (manipulated) by the Filter. That would then be a PTZ camera in this case. --- Your thoughts?

wilderf353

Our 2 cameras use the Visca protocol. I picked up a PC serial port to RS-485 adapter on Amazon for $12, and made my own cable to run to the camera. It has been working well with the PTZ Controls Plugin. Maybe you could pick up one too and modify your cable to work with the adapter?

Here is the link on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Serial-Communication-Converter-Adapter-Mini-Size/dp/B0196AO1IG

wilderf353

I really like using the "Follow Preview" radio button at the bottom of the PTZ Controls pane: when you select a camera in the OBS Scenes pane, it will automatically switch to the proper list of presets in the PTZ Controls pane.

Note: it looks like PTZ Controls uses the camera's name and not it's ID. This means if you rename a camera in the OBS Scenes pane (and it does not match the name in the PTZ Controls pane),the "Follow Preview" will break. I was able to fix it by (1) shutting down OBS, (2) editing the config file in the C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\obs-studio\plugin_config\ptz-controls folder, (3) restarting OBS

wilderf353

I am having trouble with the new version 0.8.0 ... I cannot get the "PTZ Action" feature to work. When I select a scene, then select "+" in the sources pane, I do not see an PTZ-Action. Maybe I am not updating it properly?

When I click on the config button in the PTZ Controls, it reports that I am using V0.7.0. But when I check the properties tab in Windows Explorer on the ptz-controls.pdb file, I see that it was created on 9-25-21. So I think I have the latest file.

Can someone confirm that your PTZ Device Setting window shows v0.8.0?

Attachments

• obs64_SKBQtpam85.png
    obs64_SKBQtpam85.png
    21 KB · Views: 50
  • explorer_Kn0vm3HyyY.png
    explorer_Kn0vm3HyyY.png
    27 KB · Views: 51

glikely

Hi Grant, I compiled the new version 0.8.0 with the PTZ-Action and have only a quick question before testing the version in detail:
Why did you implement the PTZ-Action as an OBS-Source and not as an OBS-Filter. Following the standard OBS logic I would see it as a Filter applied to a Scene. Within the Filter you have then to select the Source item within the Scene which shall be controlled (manipulated) by the Filter. That would then be a PTZ camera in this case. --- Your thoughts?

I implemented it as new sources because it is a trigger for actions rather than the ptz camera itself. This matches the was preset recall works when a URL source is used to trigger recall so I thought it would be the most intuitive approach. I am open to other approaches thought. The feature is still very much experimental and I can change it.

On a related topic, I am considering adding a source filter for associating a PTZ device with a video source so that I can get better tracking of when the source is active.

Having trouble getting this set up. Get the dock implemented but when I go to set up the camera the selection box flashes and then disappears. Any thoughts?

dhow