glikely

Hello glikely, fantastic that you picked up my proposal for the dock layout so quickly!
I checked it out immediately and found the size of the area with the control buttons (gamepad ?) shrunk a bit compared to 0.7.0-rc1 so that the buttons can be hit less easy now. I would appreciate if you could change the size of the control buttons area back to the previous size. However, that might all depend on the screen resolution and each user would like to have an individual size adjustment. I don't know how to realize that, but I guess you could make it happen, e.g. with a ratio factor in the settings dialogue.
I am looking forward to your next changes ...

Qt layout rules are fiddly. I'm still working out the best way to handle them so that the buttons will nicely resize. Please file an issue on GitHub to track the problem.

jerburgess

I tried using the plugin with two old Sony BRC-300 cameras. Unfortunately, I got nothing. I'm using camera ID 1, and tried both 9600 and 38400 baud. I can get them both to work in "PTZ Controller", but of course, it would be much more convenient to have them working in OBS.

glikely

I tried using the plugin with two old Sony BRC-300 cameras. Unfortunately, I got nothing. I'm using camera ID 1, and tried both 9600 and 38400 baud. I can get them both to work in "PTZ Controller", but of course, it would be much more convenient to have them working in OBS.
Can you file an issue on GitHub and attach your OBS log file?

scaesare

No Model suggestions? Not having any luck with google searching combinations of visca rtsp ptz camera. All I get are controllers.

During the pandemic, I've bought 3 used Vaddio ConferenceShot 10 cameras for $50-80 on eBay (although I had to but a $15 power supply separately).

These are uncompressed 1080P USB3 cameras with decent 10X zoom optics. They also do RTSP streaming. I've briefly tested with this plugin and it seems to work.

They are great cams for the price when you can find them.

toplachi

I am not yet sure if this is really a bug or just a problem the cameras I have. But I think there's a problem controlling cameras if 1 is connected using visca serial and other is pelco-p.
To try it, when using a visca serial camera, first create a Pelco-P connection, and then add the visca serial camera (vice versa if you have Pelco-P camera). Relaunch OBS and see if you can still control your camera... If you have both kind of cameras, only 1 of them will probably work

glikely

I am not yet sure if this is really a bug or just a problem the cameras I have. But I think there's a problem controlling cameras if 1 is connected using visca serial and other is pelco-p.
To try it, when using a visca serial camera, first create a Pelco-P connection, and then add the visca serial camera (vice versa if you have Pelco-P camera). Relaunch OBS and see if you can still control your camera... If you have both kind of cameras, only 1 of them will probably work
Are you trying to daisy chain them to the same serial port? PELCO and VISCA cannot be on the same connection.

toplachi

Are you trying to daisy chain them to the same serial port?
Yes,

PELCO and VISCA cannot be on the same connection.
Is that so? I downloaded a trial version of a paid ptz controller app which can control our cameras that have different protocols, that's why I thought it was just normal. I also want to add that the cameras we have also support multi-protocol (if that info would help).

We also have a physical PTZ keyboard controller connected via RS485, which as far as I know worked (Is that also normal?) before alongside with this plug-in running on the pc. Recently, whenever the ptz keyboard is on, I can no longer control the cameras using this plug-in (even with the other controller app). I changed the camera protocols from visca to pelco and I can again control the cameras either with the physical controller or via this plugin (which I more prefer).... And then I found out that what I thought was a bug.

Dan Pascu

glikely submitted a new resource:

PTZ Controls - Pan Tilt Zoom camera controls for OBS

Read more about this resource...
Dear Glikely, Thank you for your great plugin. I had tested on W10 machine with Avonic CM-70 cameras and is working great.

I have two questions for you is you have time: First - can you add on the saved parameters for each preposition IRIS, Focus and WB!
Second - because I am so knob on compiling the source code to be used on an Intel Mac can you help with the plugin for Mac(not M1).

Thank you so much again for your time and effort.
Best regards, Dan

glikely

Dear Glikely, Thank you for your great plugin. I had tested on W10 machine with Avonic CM-70 cameras and is working great.

Glad to hear it is working well for you. What protocol do those cameras use? VISCA, VISCA over IP, or PELCO?

I have two questions for you is you have time: First - can you add on the saved parameters for each preposition IRIS, Focus and WB!

The presets are stored entirely on the camera. The plug-in doesn't handle anything other than telling to camera to save or restore a preset. There is a feature request to store preset data in the plug in, but I'm not working on it.

Second - because I am so knob on compiling the source code to be used on an Intel Mac can you help with the plugin for Mac(not M1).

I do intend to get it building for Mac, but simply haven't had time to get it going. Theoretically it should build without issue. At some point I'll get around to it unless someone else does it for me. Pull requests welcome!

Benno Holunder

Qt layout rules are fiddly. I'm still working out the best way to handle them so that the buttons will nicely resize. Please file an issue on GitHub to track the problem.
Hi Grant Likely, thanks for the test version with the adjustable size of the control buttons --- works great on my side:
( I compiled the ptz-controls on openSUSE 15.3 and I am using VISCA over IP ).
I fiddled around a bit with the ptz-controls.ui with QtDesigner and found the attached layout even more handy.
The arrow icons don't stick out too bold and bright.
Screenshot_20210912_203650.png

I would also recommend to change the icon size calculation from ( - 2*10 px ) to ( * 3 / 4 ) of qMin (height, width) to scales proportional to the button size

Benno Holunder

I will also file another issue on GitHub to request for a "White Balance" button, because I regularly need to adjust the white balance of all my cameras against a white wall, because it is quite different during the morning hours versus dusk in the late afternoon, when the indoor lights dominate.

glikely

Is that so? I downloaded a trial version of a paid ptz controller app which can control our cameras that have different protocols, that's why I thought it was just normal. I also want to add that the cameras we have also support multi-protocol (if that info would help).

PELCO-P and VISCA use entirely different framing schemes for deciding what is a datagram. Using both on the same serial port may work in some circumstances, but there is a high chance that messages will be misinterpreted by other devices. If cameras on the same port support multiple protocols then it is best to configure them all to use the same one.

This plugin doesn't support using multiple protocols on the same port. Only one protocol will be able to open the port, and the other will be blocked

We also have a physical PTZ keyboard controller connected via RS485, which as far as I know worked (Is that also normal?) before alongside with this plug-in running on the pc. Recently, whenever the ptz keyboard is on, I can no longer control the cameras using this plug-in (even with the other controller app). I changed the camera protocols from visca to pelco and I can again control the cameras either with the physical controller or via this plugin (which I more prefer).... And then I found out that what I thought was a bug.

Is your RS485 wired as a bus, or daisy chained ring? If it is wired as a ring, then the ptz keyboard may be filtering out the VISCA commands before they go to the cameras. It is a bit hard to debug without access to the hardware. Do you have a way to trace the serial traffic on the line?

toplachi

Is your RS485 wired as a bus, or daisy chained ring? If it is wired as a ring, then the ptz keyboard may be filtering out the VISCA commands before they go to the cameras. It is a bit hard to debug without access to the hardware. Do you have a way to trace the serial traffic on the line?

I am using a two wire RS485 connection, I just tied the A wires altogether and then the B wires like an asterisk.. I am sorry, I don't know much of this serial connections, mostly I just found over the internet. Its currently working now but I might do some experiments sometime to learn from it.... Thank you for the help!

glikely

I am using a two wire RS485 connection, I just tied the A wires altogether and then the B wires like an asterisk.. I am sorry, I don't know much of this serial connections, mostly I just found over the internet. Its currently working now but I might do some experiments sometime to learn from it.... Thank you for the help!

It sounds like it is wired as a bus. It is possible that in VISCA mode the keyboard controller is continuously sending out inquiry commands which are interfering with the plug-in.

Dan Pascu

Glad to hear it is working well for you. What protocol do those cameras use? VISCA, VISCA over IP, or PELCO?

The presets are stored entirely on the camera. The plug-in doesn't handle anything other than telling to camera to save or restore a preset. There is a feature request to store preset data in the plug in, but I'm not working on it.

I do intend to get it building for Mac, but simply haven't had time to get it going. Theoretically it should build without issue. At some point I'll get around to it unless someone else does it for me. Pull requests welcome!
Thank you for your effort. I'll wait for the Mac version when will be available!

glikely

It sounds like it is wired as a bus. It is possible that in VISCA mode the keyboard controller is continuously sending out inquiry commands which are interfering with the plug-in.

What model of PTZ keyboard controller do you have? I'm considering adding PTZ keyboard input support so that a PTZ keyboard can control the plug-in. Basically the plug in would be a proxy for the keyboard, allowing the keyboard to control any camera, regardless of protocol.

toplachi

What model of PTZ keyboard controller do you have? I'm considering adding PTZ keyboard input support so that a PTZ keyboard can control the plug-in. Basically the plug in would be a proxy for the keyboard, allowing the keyboard to control any camera, regardless of protocol.
We have 2 ptz keyboards, the first one which also supports visca protocol is similar to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0rnmINzIho but with different key assignments... This is the one that is disabling the controls from the pc. I just tested it again and it doesn't matter which serial protocol I am using.
Keyboard 1 - Visca Serial

The 2nd is a much cheaper PTZ keyboard that is used for surveillance cameras. It only has rs485 connection but it can be used simultaneously with software-based ptz controller
Pelco P PTZ Keyboard

glikely

We have 2 ptz keyboards, the first one which also supports visca protocol is similar to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0rnmINzIho but with different key assignments... This is the one that is disabling the controls from the pc. I just tested it again and it doesn't matter which serial protocol I am using.
View attachment 75178

The 2nd is a much cheaper PTZ keyboard that is used for surveillance cameras. It only has rs485 connection but it can be used simultaneously with software-based ptz controller
View attachment 75179
That makes sense. Most likely the first one constantly drives the serial lines when it is turned on, which would block commands sent by the plug-in.

Regardless, neither PELCO nor VISCA is designed to have multiple controllers on the bus. It may work sometimes, but it can cause unpredictable behaviour.