glikely

some additional information

When i check the windows game controller settings it can find them, i have downloaded the latest drivers i'm on the latest OBS and current on windows 10 ver 1909, which i am in the process of upgrading to the latest

When i check the log viewer it states gamepad found 0

ive also tried two different xbox controllers an xbox series x controller and a xbox one x controller

Gamepad support on Windows is very unreliable. It is a problem in the Qt5 gamepad library that is well known but remains unfixed. I don't have a good solution aside from rewriting the gamepad library. This problem probably won't get fixed anyone soon unless someone else can develop and submit a fix

er1kr1984

Gamepad support on Windows is very unreliable. It is a problem in the Qt5 gamepad library that is well known but remains unfixed. I don't have a good solution aside from rewriting the gamepad library. This problem probably won't get fixed anyone soon unless someone else can develop and submit a fix

oh right, I thought I Read something about it being fixed in 0.5 my mistake.

wilderf353

BTW, for anyone with windows installer experience, I would very much appreciate help getting the plugin packaged as an msi or installer .exe

I use NSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System) to install python apps on windows machines . I would be happy to help.

glikely

I use NSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System) to install python apps on windows machines . I would be happy to help.

Help would be much appreciated! The installer needs to copy 4 files from the build into the plugins directory, and it needs to be integrated I to the cmake build system so that the CI loop can generate the installer files automatically. If you're able to get something working, you can send it to me as a GitHub pull request, or email me the patches.

toplachi

I have tested this plugin with the new hotkey feature and it's great! Thank you for this update!

I have another suggestion, is it possible to send bought tilt and pan commands if we press their hotkeys so that it will be possible to move the camera diagonally? I noticed that I can pan or tilt our camera while zooming in or out using the hotkeys

glikely

I have tested this plugin with the new hotkey feature and it's great! Thank you for this update!

Great! I'm glad it is working for you.

I have another suggestion, is it possible to send bought tilt and pan commands if we press their hotkeys so that it will be possible to move the camera diagonally? I noticed that I can pan or tilt our camera while zooming in or out using the hotkeys

Please file a feature request in GitHub so it isn't forgotten

wilderf353

Help would be much appreciated! The installer needs to copy 4 files from the build into the plugins directory, and it needs to be integrated I to the cmake build system so that the CI loop can generate the installer files automatically. If you're able to get something working, you can send it to me as a GitHub pull request, or email me the patches.
Can you confirm that the plugin will only work on x64 systems. Example: if the 64bit folder does not exist, the installer should post a message that says "This plugin only works with the 64 bit OBS..."

glikely

Can you confirm that the plugin will only work on x64 systems. Example: if the 64bit folder does not exist, the installer should post a message that says "This plugin only works with the 64 bit OBS..."

The plug-in /should/ work on 32 bit. I just haven't added the 32 bit build yet.

C-Cedilla

Absolutely nothing but appreciation for this piece of work here! Works perfectly fine as far as I can tell with the RGBlink PTZ.

I’m not entirely sure yet what the radio boxes if manual, follow preview and follow program are yet but I’ll mess about with it some more.

bradpeterson

I've got my VISA serial to USB cables on order. In the meantime, I'm trying to figure out these two things:

1) How do I tell OBS to use a camera present in a scene? My goal is just to click on a scene and the camera changes what its pointing at.

2) What do I put for the serial UART port? Do I put in "RS-232"? Right now my drop down is empty. Should the drop down be populated with entries I can choose?

glikely

Absolutely nothing but appreciation for this piece of work here! Works perfectly fine as far as I can tell with the RGBlink PTZ.

I’m not entirely sure yet what the radio boxes if manual, follow preview and follow program are yet but I’ll mess about with it some more.

Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad it is working for you. When there are multiple cameras, the radio buttons controls which camera will be controlled when a scene of the same name becomes either the preview or live scene. It's not a very good UI though and needs some rework.

glikely

I've got my VISA serial to USB cables on order. In the meantime, I'm trying to figure out these two things:

1) How do I tell OBS to use a camera present in a scene? My goal is just to click on a scene and the camera changes what its pointing at.

Recalling a preset based on selecting a scene hasn't been implemented yet.

2) What do I put for the serial UART port? Do I put in "RS-232"? Right now my drop down is empty. Should the drop down be populated with entries I can choose?

When you plug in your USB cable it will be detected and the right port name will be in the UART port drop down.

bradpeterson

Good news. I got it working on a Lumens A51S through VISCA. The system I tested on had this 9 pin RS-232 to USB adapter (Keyspan USA HS19). The UART popped up as COM3, and I used VISCA ID 1. I found though that had to plug in the USB cable, then start OBS, then configure it. If I started OBS, then plugged in the cable, nothing worked. (Note for others, I found I had to double click on the presets to make it switch).

Also, I would like to assist on this project a bit. I've done my fair share of software development, and I've also worked with the NSIS installer for a couple of projects.

To make it auto select a preset on a scene, could we just add a PTZ preset "source"? So if I have a scene with a USB webcam input, and a 3.5mm input, could we just add a 3rd source of a PTZ camera preset?

glikely

Good news. I got it working on a Lumens A51S through VISCA. The system I tested on had this 9 pin RS-232 to USB adapter (Keyspan USA HS19). The UART popped up as COM3, and I used VISCA ID 1. I found though that had to plug in the USB cable, then start OBS, then configure it. If I started OBS, then plugged in the cable, nothing worked. (Note for others, I found I had to double click on the presets to make it switch).

Great news! I'm glad it is working for you. It shouldn't be too difficult to fix plugging in the USB cable after OBS is started. Right now the plugin rescans for UARTs whenever the active camera changes, but that never happens if there is only one camera. Adding a Qt slot for a UART being added/removed should fix the problem.

The double click to activate a preset is by design. I found that if it was a single click users would accidentally activate a preset when they were wanting to just select to rename or update the settings.

Also, I would like to assist on this project a bit. I've done my fair share of software development, and I've also worked with the NSIS installer for a couple of projects.

I'd love to have the help. All development traffic is on GitHub. Send me pull requests!

To make it auto select a preset on a scene, could we just add a PTZ preset "source"? So if I have a scene with a USB webcam input, and a 3.5mm input, could we just add a 3rd source of a PTZ camera preset?

That's a good idea. Go for it.

Kishi!

Hi
I used to get this working on my camera using USB serial. After setup on my new rig of fresh pc, it doesnt work anymore :(
Anyone can advise /help , see my attached log.

Attachments

• 2021-08-22 22-53-17.txt
    7.2 KB · Views: 31