glikely

Just gave this a whirl with an ancient Canon VC-C3 connected serially. Heard some whirs and clicks, but sadly nothing that could be called control. I have some developer docs available for this thing if you're interested in pursuing support for it.
The VC-C3 uses an entirely different control protocol from what I can tell. I'd be happy to take patches that add support for it. You'll need to create a new subclass of PTZDevice. Take a look at the PTZVisca and PTZViscaSerial classes for inspiration. The VC-C3 should be simpler to implement than VISCA because the serial port doesn't need to be shared between multiple camera instances.

glikely

I had a play with the gamepad qt example tonight. out the box, I was not able to get a gamepad detection. After a bit of googling, I was able to get it to work with this workaround

QGamepadManager* gamepad_manager = QGamepadManager::instance();
QWindow* window = new QWindow();
window->show();
delete window;
QGuiApplication::processEvents();
QList<int> gamepads = gamepad_manager->connectedGamepads();
qInfo() << "connected gamepads : " << gamepads.size();

seems like you have to create/destroy a window for it to appear. I might have a play compiling your plugin and see if I can get it working with it.
I've not had any success on my end with that code snippit, either in the plugin or in the Qt example. :-( If you get it working with the plugin, send me a patch and I'll merge it in. If it at least works for you then that's better than nothing.

Damocles

Great feature. tried to get to work on Windows 10. Can I perhaps get more info on the build.

I have some legacy VISCA PTZ cameras and are currently using LUA to control them with presets (manually calculated Hex)

This can streamline CPU usage I think and setup

Thanks StevO

Damocles

Great feature. tried to get to work on Windows 10. Can I perhaps get more info on the build.

I have some legacy VISCA PTZ cameras and are currently using LUA to control them with presets (manually calculated Hex)

This can streamline CPU usage I think and setup

Thanks StevO

Yep... OK Found my issue... Installed correctly now

dattrax

I've created an issue and uploaded a patch for the gamepad issue on windows. Hope its ok on Linux. might need to add some conditional compilation to the patch if there's a problem

WAH0808

I tried the latest beta today at the church where I look after their A/V system. We have a Sony SRG-300H, I've configure the plugin for the com port however I don't have any control over the camera. I do have the camera working with a demo copy of PTZ Controller (www.ptzcontroller.com) so I know the cabling is correct. Ideas?

glikely

I tried the latest beta today at the church where I look after their A/V system. We have a Sony SRG-300H, I've configure the plugin for the com port however I don't have any control over the camera. I do have the camera working with a demo copy of PTZ Controller (www.ptzcontroller.com) so I know the cabling is correct. Ideas?
Do you know what baud rate the cameras are running at? The plug-in is currently hard coded for 9600 baud, but I plan to make that configurable.

glikely

I've created an issue and uploaded a patch for the gamepad issue on windows. Hope its ok on Linux. might need to add some conditional compilation to the patch if there's a problem
Thanks. I'll check it out tomorrow and reply on the issue in GitHub rather than here.

glikely

glikely updated PTZ Controls with a new update entry:

Improved VISCA handling and gamepad workaround

New test release. This release fixes a number of problems implementing the VISCA protocol which should result in more reliability overall. It also adds a workaround for detection of XBox gamepads on Windows.

Unfortunately, XBox gamepads are the only type of gamepad that works on Windows due to QGamepad using the XInput API. Support for other game controllers will require a different backend that uses directinput.

Please go and test

Read the rest of this update entry...

toplachi

Thank you for this plugin, we can use our Chinese PTZ camera with it via RS485 connection.. I do encounter the VISCA stop code not being effective if holding down the direction & zoom keys in less than 2 secs.

In the future, I hope there could also be an option to invert the horizontal or vertical movement of the camera and probably also support PELCO protocol later in its development

Another idea is if keyboard shortcuts can be assign to the command buttons especially with the presets

More power to the developers!

glikely

Thank you for this plugin, we can use our Chinese PTZ camera with it via RS485 connection.. I do encounter the VISCA stop code not being effective if holding down the direction & zoom keys in less than 2 secs.

I'm glad it is working for you. The missing stop command is due to the controller not receiving reply packets from the camera. I've got an idea about how to fix it. There is a GitHub issue tracking this problem:

In the future, I hope there could also be an option to invert the horizontal or vertical movement of the camera and probably also support PELCO protocol later in its development

Good idea on inverting pan/tilt. Can you file a GitHub issue requesting this feature so I don't forget?

Adding PELCO D/P support should not be difficult. It is just another simple serial protocol and much of the VISCA implementation could be reused. However I don't have any PELCO equipment, so I'll need someone else to add that feature. I'll happily accept patches to add this feature.

Another idea is if keyboard shortcuts can be assign to the command buttons especially with the presets

Yes, that is a good idea. Thanks

glikely

I've just tagged v0.4.0-pre1. Please test and give a yell if you have any problems. I'll properly release v0.4.0 later today if everything checks out okay.

KPC41

Now have Tenveo Hd Camera control cable installed and can now use plugin to scan (H) and (V) However Home button only stops (H) and (V), It does not move camera to Home position .
Suggestion : if a camera can only can scan (H) and (V) could the other directional controls be greyed out.
The Wide and Tele buttons might best be called zoom In and Zoom Out?
What does the Slider between the wide and Tele buttons do .?
Can you control the speed of Zoom In & Zoom out?

KPC41

Now have Tenveo Hd Camera control cable installed and can now use plugin to scan (H) and (V) However Home button only stops (H) and (V), It does not move camera to Home position .
Suggestion : if a camera can only can scan (H) and (V) could the other directional controls be greyed out.
Most of the control problems now appear to be fixed V0.40
Thanks !

glikely

Good idea. This will require knowing what kind of camera is connected, which I haven't implemented yet. Please file a feature request as an issue on GitHub so I don't forget about this request.

I'll be replacing the labels with icons soon which I think will be even better.

It was supposed to be a direct control of the zoom position, but I haven't implemented that yet so I've removed it for now.

Fixed in v0.4.0