Ackumo

Hello everybody ! I have been looking for a solution with other forum and youtube video.
But nothing worked so Im now asking for help.

When i record i have pixel/blur :
We can see it the most around letter on the video.

Here goes my settings :
Screenshot settings.png

Here my log :

What i have already try :
- update OBS and Windows
- Changed rate control to CQP
- I remove "high performance" for gaming on windows (OBS Analyse told me to do it)
- tried higher bitrate
(that a good resume of what i saw on forum and youtube tutorial)

If you need anything else, feel free to ask !

And i dont know why but when i record, i have 2 videos in the files. They are the same !
1694237958209.png

Thanks for reading !

PaiSand

The log file has no output session in it which is necesary.

Please restart OBS and perform a test recording of at least 30 seconds doing as you normally do, including playing games, full camera or whatever you normally do.
Now look inside Help menu. Upload the current log file and paste the url to the log in here. Click on the Analize button to start troubleshooting common issues.

koala

According to your log, you're downscaling to 1280x720 in Settings→Video. Then you're upscaling again to 1920x1080 according to your recording settings screenshot. This will of course make your image just an upscaled 1280x720 video, not a real 1920x1080 video.
So got to Settings→Video and change output resolution to 1920x1080 and remove (disable) that "rescale output" option in the encoder settings. The "rescale output" setting is only present to enable you to stream with a different resolution than to record. In all other cases, disable this and just use the output resolution in Settings→video.

Ackumo

The log file has no output session in it which is necesary.

Please restart OBS and perform a test recording of at least 30 seconds doing as you normally do, including playing games, full camera or whatever you normally do.
Now look inside Help menu. Upload the current log file and paste the url to the log in here. Click on the Analize button to start troubleshooting common issues.
I have already did the analyze, and i fix what they already told me before posting on the forum !
The comment below yours find the issues of the pixel problem i think ! I do not see anymore, but in case :
Log after record and restart : https://obsproject.com/logs/w2Dw1E5WmHypxCcB
Video of 30sec of gameplay : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rfy7mnARJjBmRg0YyVE57jhcpBodafxN/view?usp=sharing
(i feel like the upload add pixel too ? or there is still a problem ? Any other way to upload ?)

And i still get the duplicated video in the files
1694289525954.png

By the way : thx a lot for helping me and awnsering this quickly ! I really do appreciate !

Ackumo

According to your log, you're downscaling to 1280x720 in Settings→Video. Then you're upscaling again to 1920x1080 according to your recording settings screenshot. This will of course make your image just an upscaled 1280x720 video, not a real 1920x1080 video.
So got to Settings→Video and change output resolution to 1920x1080 and remove (disable) that "rescale output" option in the encoder settings. The "rescale output" setting is only present to enable you to stream with a different resolution than to record. In all other cases, disable this and just use the output resolution in Settings→video.
Thanks a lot ! That actually helped me !
Do you think this will change anything with the performance of my computer ? Making it more laggy ?

Here a video after i change the settings : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rfy7mnARJjBmRg0YyVE57jhcpBodafxN/view?usp=sharing
Like i told on the reply just above : i feel like the upload add pixel too ? or there is still a problem ? Any other way to upload ?

Do you have any idea for my second little issue with the duplicate video when i record ? Its actually not a huge issue, i can just delete one of them !
1694289525954.png
This is the exact same video, i did nothing special. When i record, i have 2 same video !

Thanks for awnsering and helping me ! Its mean a lot to me !

qhobbes

Regarding if it will change performance, scaling 1080 to 720 requires additional resources but so do does encoding at 1080 compared to 720 (but the GPU has dedicated encoding). Your latest sample video looks fine to me in a browser.

Regarding the duplicate videos, you may have Auto Remux enabled. Settings, Advanced, Recording.

It's also generally recommended that use Game Capture for games. You may need to disable anti-cheat compatibility and/or run TF2 in window mode. If that doesn't work, try Window capture. Display Capture should be last resort for games. If you go with Game Capture, don't have it and Display Capture in the same scene.

PaiSand

Remove all the unnecesary plugins.
An example is spectralize, which is deprecated and present its own issues.

Make sure the plugins you do use are updated and compatible with the OBS version you're using. If you don't use any, remove them all.
There's no issue on the video. The pixelation is normal on fast paced games. To get less pixelation you need better hardware.
Try using game or window capture instead of monitor capture. Do not put on the same scene monitor capture and any of the other capture methods.

By the way, noice supression goes first on the audio filters, not last.

Ackumo

Regarding if it will change performance, scaling 1080 to 720 requires additional resources but so do does encoding at 1080 compared to 720 (but the GPU has dedicated encoding). Your latest sample video looks fine to me in a browser.

Regarding the duplicate videos, you may have Auto Remux enabled. Settings, Advanced, Recording.

It's also generally recommended that use Game Capture for games. You may need to disable anti-cheat compatibility and/or run TF2 in window mode. If that doesn't work, try Window capture. Display Capture should be last resort for games. If you go with Game Capture, don't have it and Display Capture in the same scene.

You got it right ! It was the issue ! Thanks a lot, and thanks for the all the advice !!

Ackumo

Remove all the unnecesary plugins.
An example is spectralize, which is deprecated and present its own issues.

Make sure the plugins you do use are updated and compatible with the OBS version you're using. If you don't use any, remove them all.
There's no issue on the video. The pixelation is normal on fast paced games. To get less pixelation you need better hardware.
Try using game or window capture instead of monitor capture. Do not put on the same scene monitor capture and any of the other capture methods.

By the way, noice supression goes first on the audio filters, not last.
I will do it ! Thanks a lot !
I didnt know that filter's order had importance ! Thanks for letting me know ! And thanks again for helping me !