Antsy Alchemist

I have just started using OBS, and I have found that the first few minutes of gameplay I record in a session (anywhere from 3 to 10 minutes) will be super laggy (with perfect audio), but then after that it seems to fix itself and it records in perfect 1080p at 60fps throughout the rest of the recording session. I don't notice any lag while I'm in-game, and it isn't until I review the footage afterwards that I find that the first section of it is unwatchable.

Does anyone know why this is happening? It happens no matter what game I am recording, including Fortnite, Dead by Daylight, etc... It doesn't really make sense why it never works at the start but then autocorrects part of the way through. I appreciate any and all help! Thanks!

Extra detail: I encode via NVENC H.264 (which has drastically improved the overall quality of my recordings).

I have an Inspiron 7559 gaming laptop with i5-6300 @ 2.3 GHz, 8 gigs of RAM.

Hellfire0449

I am actually having the same issue. up until recently i have been playing on Xbox 1x and recording with OBS on computer connected through capture card. I thought maybe this had something to do with the laggy video so i purchased through steam and gave it a try but i still have the same problem. The begging of the video is always choppy and usually seems to fix itself about 1-2 minutes in. I don't think its a hardware problem though since i am running I7 7700,GTX 1070 and 16G ram. There has to be a solution to why this is happening as I see many people posting videos of this game and the video is super smooth from the beginning.