Question / Help OBS Studio 23: Pixelation during stream with "NVIDIA NVENC H.264 (new)

D

Deleted member 175885

Howdy gamers.

I downloaded the OBS Studio 23 update and really enjoy that I can see Stream Information and Stream Chat.
I tried making my BASE RESOLUTION match the OUTPUT SCALED RESOLUTION but, I have noticed when streaming, I seem to get a lot of Pixelation.
(They are 2560 x 1440)

If I reduce my OUTPUT SCALED RESOLUTION to 1600x900, I think the pixelation is a little better but, obviously, the overall quality will be reduced.

With this new update, I know there was a lot of updates in terms of NVIDIA and NVENC streaming.
Is there anyway to combat this pixelation problem or am I stuck with it?

Here are my settings on OBS

Attachments

• advanced.png
    advanced.png
    59.7 KB · Views: 262
  • Output.png
    Output.png
    50.7 KB · Views: 265
  • Video.png
    Video.png
    41.6 KB · Views: 246

findal

I would try 720p60 to confirm what the issue is. At 720p60 with 6000 bitrate you shouldn't be seeing artifacts with big macro-blocks. If you do, the issue may be in your internet connection. If you don't, it's a matter of finding the sweet spot between the resolution you want to output and the bitrate it takes.

Dobrowney

Unclick Enforce Streaming Settings to start .. Not sure on the rest though. am having pixelation under movement on stream as well .