Atomixx

Hey there,

I'm looking to get into content creation, so I started learning OBS. I got it all setup perfectly, I even got some virtual audio cables to separate my audio which is super nice. Getting to the problem, every time I finish a game of League of Legends, OBS just stops picking up audio. So when I return to the client from the game, there is no client audio. If I load into another game of LoL, there is still no audio. Both the Client and the Game are set to capture audio from the same source. Even weirder is that I have monitoring on so that I can hear it, and if OBS is not open, I cannot hear my game bc of the audio bindings. How is it possible that OBS can enable me to hear the game, but not detect any sound? Makes no sense.

I did find a work around, but it's really dumb. Basically, at the start of every game, I have to ALT + Tab out of the game, change my LoL audio source in Windows to a different device, then change it back to what OBS has it set as, and then it'll magically start recording again. Here's the kicker, after doing this, the audio is delayed by about a second. I found a workaround for this too, immediately after switching the audio sources back and forth, I disable and reenable the Audio Output Capture I'm using for game audio, and poof, it works.

This is like, really dumb, and idk how its possible that it functions like this, but that's where we're at. Anyone encounter a similar issue? Also for reference, this ONLY happens in LoL. I tested it in Destiny and only encountered the audio delay bug, but it still picks up the audio.

Atomixx

Hey there, new update: I played around w it a little bit more. When I have everything set to Default as audio source, no problem. It seems the problem is arising when I try to isolate audio sources using the Virtual Audio Cables. This now presents the problem of not being able to separate game audio from Discord / Browser / Music.