obs-shaderfilter

obs-shaderfilter 2.3.2

Grille

I have tested a little and found out a few things. If I close OBS with a scene that has Spotlight or Rainbow in use, for example, then it crashes on closing, but without a crash log.

If I close OBS in another scene without the shader filter in use there, then OBS closes faster and correctly. It also starts normally afterwards.

I have now tested this several times with different scenes.

Log without Crash: https://obsproject.com/logs/zAZtBWop8OaKlVZP

I also have a memory dump. The only problem is that it is almost 15 gig in size.

SuperNoahPlushes

@PoWeR-Ding it is possible to create a version compatible with OBS 27.2.4, you will need to compile the plugin for that.
I know this is an older message, apologies, but how does one do this? I'm kinda stuck with 27.2.4 for the foreseeable future (screwed up my computer with os rot and am now on 8.1), so I'd appreciate it if you could let me know how to do this so I can make my stream look like it did on 10! Thanks!

edwardgreene1

I love the new rain drop filter, but I was wondering if there was a way I could have it not make the source zoom in when it is active.

Exeldro

@edwardgreene1 the zoom in the rain window example shader is to allow the refracting. If you want this to behave differently you can make an own version of the example shader. Shader files can be edited with a text editor and are HLSL for windows.

edwardgreene1

@edwardgreene1 the zoom in the rain window example shader is to allow the refracting. If you want this to behave differently you can make an own version of the example shader. Shader files can be edited with a text editor and are HLSL for windows.
Thanks for the response. I had opened it to take a look earlier, but honestly I just don't know enough about coding to know which line to change to get the result I want. I may play around with it in the coming days though. Thanks again for taking time out to answer.

Buladog

rounded_stroke.shader doesn't work on M1 Mac with 29.1.3 OBS , any solution ? I have no UI when I load the shader

militiaDei

Hey!

I finally succed to (apparently) install shaderfilter on my Linux Manjaro. But, "impossible" to have access of the filter in OBS...
All I have when I select User-defined shader is this dialog box you can see below.

What's wrong?

Thanks for your help!

shaderFilter.png

James Somerset

Hi,

I am very new to programming Shaders. I am writing one that only looks good if the animation starts the moment the shader is made visible by the user either hitting the visibility icon or (if already visible) when they activate the scene. If, when made visible, the timer is anything other than 0, it would ruin the effect.

I've seen elapsed_time in the documentation. This seems to be started when the shader is installed and/or OBS started; rather than when the shader is made visible.

Is there a call/variable I can use to set the timer to 0 every time the shader becomes visible?

—Thanks. James

Check the box "Load shader tex from file" and the button appears that takes you to the folder \obs-studio\data\obs-plugins\obs-shaderfilter\examples where the shaders are

DaishoDark

I'm having an issue with specifically the ASCII example filter. When I apply it, it ignores the current size and placement and simply defaults to the Source's original size and starts at the top left of the window. Moving the outlined box does not adjust the size or position when the filter is active.

Thoron

Hi!
I would like to use this border for my cam source. It works fine, when I don't crop the source.
Is there anyway to get this working for a croped souce?

border.shader:
Code:
uniform float4 borderColor;

float4 mainImage(VertData v_in) : TARGET
{
    if (v_in.uv.x < 0 || v_in.uv.x > 1 || v_in.uv.y < 0 || v_in.uv.y > 1)
    {
        return borderColor;
    }
    else
    {
        return image.Sample(textureSampler, v_in.uv);
    }
}

1704366973830.png

1704366982612.png

1704366991203.png

Exceldro, As mentioned when I left a rating you knocked it out of the park for me. However, for some reason the rating site is not letting me leave a 5 start rating. I don't even see how I could edit it to reflect how I feel! Is it me or the site? I'll fix it if someone lets me know how. Thanks so much though.