obs-shaderfilter

obs-shaderfilter 2.3.2

rusty1

The dynamic mask shader doesn't seem to work for Mac. I'm on an Intel mac. When I load it, i get no UI. If I then check-off "use effect file" (even though it's a shader file) and then reload it, I get a black image, but the UI controls show up. Any way to make this work on mac?

Attachments

• 2023-10-02 12-49-06.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 20

Reaperz

finally switching everything from streamFX. however the corner pin defaults to the following, making it extremely difficult to actually corner pin
1696729825053.png

Gildersneeze

Hello! I'm attempting to recreate some functionality that worked with shaderfilter 1.21. In that version, i was able to set up several filters to replace the image color almost completely using 100% alpha percentage, Apply to Image, and Replace Image Color checked. Applying these settings as filters to a group layer that contained only a green screened camera layer, I was able to achieve the effect seen in the preview image, then layer another camera/group layer on top and key out my beard for a final effect of a shader that only shows through the keyed out beard. I have been unable to achieve the same effect in 2.1.1. I've only been able to partially overlay any shader effects on the alpha stenciled camera, but they do not fully replace the color anymore.

I realize i'm still attempting to use a .effect file from shaderfilter 1.21 in these example images, but I also attempted to use the new version of fire from 2.1.1 as well as various other .shader files and was still unable to recreate the effect. Any ideas as to what i might be doing wrong? I attached a couple images; the top image with the results of 1.21 and the other with 2.1.1. Thanks for any help!
1.21.png
2.1.1.png

Gildersneeze

Just saw this reply as I was headed to bed. I'll be able to take a look when I wake up! I'll let you know what I find. Thank you!

Gildersneeze

@Gildersneeze did some changes to the shader, can you test if this is what you are looking for?
Can confirm it works now! I'll have to see if i can figure out how to turn off the smoke effect, but otherwise it's solid!

Is there a specific bit of code you changed to allow for this functionality? I'd need all the shaders I use to do the same thing, but I don't want to ask you to do all that just for me. If there's a generic code change or addition i could make to shaders/effects to achieve the same full color overlay, that'd be really cool!

Thanks for looking into the whole thing; i appreciate it a bunch.
1697138331272.png

Mark Late

Hi everyone. Hope you can help me. I'm under macOS Monterrey (Intel) and OBS 29.1.3.
I've installed the pkg file for macOS Intel (obs-shaderfilter-2.1.1-macos-x86_64.pkg) but once installed, I can't see the option inside the Filters video source:

Captura de Pantalla 2023-10-29 a las 16.45.27.jpg

Maybe I'm missing something... or this plugin is not allowed on the last version of OBS?

Thank you.

Mark Late

Hi again. It seems this plugin is not working under the last version of OBS (29.1.3 in macOS). Sorry if there's any advice about it (I didn't find it). I've downgraded to the 28.1.0 version and now it works.

Mark Late

Sorry, I've deleted all the files for the 29.1.3 to avoid any mistakes or saved settings before installing the 28.1.0. I will reinstall it and paste the logs here.

Mark Late

Hi @Exeldro. I've found the logs before installing the 28.1.0. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• 2023-10-29 16-43-46.txt
    9.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 2023-10-29 16-44-21.txt
    14 KB · Views: 12

Exeldro

@Mark Late obs-shaderfilter is not in those log files, so that indicates to me it did not find obs-shaderfilter.plugin in ~/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins

Grille

Hello Exeldro,

I have a problem. My OBS crashes every time I close it. I first reported it to the OBS developers, who told me to test if it was a plug in fault. And it ended up being the shader filter plugin.

https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/issues/9784

OBS Studio Log URL​

https://obsproject.com/logs/30A4i0eKNgFsibLV

Closing OBS 30 Beta, RC1 RC2 always takes a long time and when I restart it, it asks for Safemode every time.
I also tested it again today with OBS 29.1.3 and also with Shaderfilter 1.21.3 - there OBS also always seems to crash without a log when closing.

Normally, no crash log is created. However, yesterday one was created because the message that there was a crash also appeared. Normally this message does not appear and I only notice the crash when I restart.

OBS Studio Crash Log URL​

https://obsproject.com/logs/BODH4uwY3HQQebxv

My collection of scenes is very extensive. I am no longer sure which shaders I use. There are not many. Actually only the Rainbow and Spotlight i think.

If I delete shader filters complete from the plug-ins, OBS closes much faster and starts normally again.

Exeldro

@Grille the crash report is in the user interface of OBS, so I don't think that is an indication of the issue you are experiencing.
The provided OBS log file does not have the closing part, please provide a log file of not the current session so that it has an attempt to close in it.
If OBS freezes during shutdown, please create a memory dump file, so that we can look at the problem more closely: https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/598/