OBS Recordings have FPS Drops, yet System is NOT Overloaded?

MarxAthium

OBS Recordings have FPS Drops, Video has Not Smooth/Inconsistent Framerate, yet System is NOT Overloaded/Under Spec?

Hello!

I've been trying to optimize my OBS Settings for a very long time, currently after years I resolved to have two PCs, one that runs the game (i9 9900K, RTX 3080, 32GB RAM),
and another (i7 9700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB RAM) with an Elgato 4K60 Pro MK II recording the footage (4K, 60FPS).

Right now, I've switched from CBR Recording at 60,000 kbps, because of this, and I've been altering settings until I no longer get any GPU or CPU Overload, even the Log files now just tell me that my only warning is recording to MP4 (which I have very consistent power and all that, I'm not that worried about that, I'm willing to take THAT risk.

I've switched to VBR Recording between 55,000 - 60,000 kbps, because of this issue, and I've been watching and although I'm not actively running the games ON the recording PC, and I'm running OBS in Administrator mode every time, no matter what I've been having random FPS drops and the Framerate doesn't look consistent or smooth 60FPS in the preview OR the footage. I have it set to record at 60FPS in Elgato as well, and VSync is set to 60 on the game.

Sometimes the footage on the preview will be like this, but the recording comes out perfectly fine, and other times it looks the same as the footage lagging preview is, just like the video I've linked here.

Preview Window is not smooth, footage FPS is not smooth, especially when compared to Game Source

Preview got laggy at times, yet the footage came out fine

The Reason I Switched to VBR was due to suggestions when I asked about why the artifacting happened in this video.

Reddit Post giving me Suggestions:

Anyways, this all happens for what seems like no reason whatsoever. Turning off the preview does not help.

I've only seen my GPU get MAX 30-35% usage while recording, CPU stays only between 18-20% Usage,
I watch the stats for Rendering Lag and it will say 0 frames dropped whatsoever, I don't know what else I can alter without starting to lose quality.