Resource icon

obs-ndi - NewTek NDI™ integration into OBS Studio 4.13.0

Harold

I doubt it ever will. There's underlying instruction set requirements that the phenom line doesn't support.

Palakis

Developer

Andrew Pealock

Thank you for the quick turnaround on the v4.5 update, works flawlessly for me. The new runtime is much more efficient! Also, I was using this plugin at a LAN party to live switch between like 4-5 computers at a time. Here is a link to the VLOG! Thanks again!

Link: https://youtu.be/WuzH5Mw_6ng?t=120 (I do the rundown around the 2 minute mark)

Palakis,

Thanks again so much for your hard work on this plugin, it has truly been invaluable to me and my workflow. I've hit a snag on 4.5.0 with some serious regressions, I'm not sure where, but it causes me to have significant encoder lag and drops, especially if the GPU hits even a small 1-5 frame stutter such as when a game shifts scenes or whatever and the GPU is taxed to 100% for a brief moment, normally the encoder would catch up or drop and get back in line, but now with 4.5.0 the encoder forever stalls and starts dropping everything, not drops to the network, drops from the renderer to the encoder. So I reverted back to 4.3.0 and things are fine. So I'm not sure where the issue lies. If you need further info or some logs, let me know, I'd be happy to get that together for you. :)

Again, great work, keep it up! I know the new runtime works a lot better, but in my case there is something amiss. Using all the new NDI tools under the new RT seems OK, but with all these crazy windows issues as of late, and GPU drivers still catching up, it could all be in that mix. I'm using an RX-480 on an i7 960 with 24GB of DDR3 on an X58 platform, using 18.7.1 Radeon drivers (latest). If that helps. I know my lack of AVX support doesn't help :(

Anyway, thanks again, and hopefully we can figure this one out. :)

Patrick Ewalt
AKA Spikeypup

optimizer

How do I actually get the best quality out of this? Im using two computers, what settings should i have on my gaming rig when sending it over to my stream rig?

Goatgarien

I have my main pc and my streaming pc both hooked into the same router/switch
Rainmeter is telling me that i'm using around a GB a minute.
This is completely local right?
I'm worried about comcast's dumb monthly 1TB limit that they put on people.
This won't add to my monthly usage right?

I have my main pc and my streaming pc both hooked into the same router/switch
Rainmeter is telling me that i'm using around a GB a minute.
This is completely local right?
I'm worried about comcast's dumb monthly 1TB limit that they put on people.
This won't add to my monthly usage right?
Yes it is local, if you're two PC's are on the same network locally, the traffic doesn't traverse the edge.

How do I actually get the best quality out of this? Im using two computers, what settings should i have on my gaming rig when sending it over to my stream rig?
It really depends on what Output Resolution your main rig can handle, and what your streaming PC can deal with too. What's your specs? Also ensure you have a 1Gbps network, and try to have both systems on the same segment/switch....

Abbie_Doobie

Has anybody been able to retain g-sync while using NDI? I've spent a couple frustrating nights now trying to get these two to play nice, and found that having NDI running in any fashion killed g-sync. Whether it be this plugin or an alternative program.

As soon as I uninstalled OBS-NDI poof, g-sync worked like a charm.

Has anybody been able to retain g-sync while using NDI? I've spent a couple frustrating nights now trying to get these two to play nice, and found that having NDI running in any fashion killed g-sync. Whether it be this plugin or an alternative program.

As soon as I uninstalled OBS-NDI poof, g-sync worked like a charm.
I'm using it with Freesync (AMD RX-480) with no issues, and haven't noticed any problems, of course, G-sync is a different beast and is Nvidia Tech so I'm not sure what's going on in your situation. Perhaps somebody with G-Sync and NDI can weigh in as I would be interested to know as well if there are issues.

Abbie_Doobie

I'm using it with Freesync (AMD RX-480) with no issues, and haven't noticed any problems, of course, G-sync is a different beast and is Nvidia Tech so I'm not sure what's going on in your situation. Perhaps somebody with G-Sync and NDI can weigh in as I would be interested to know as well if there are issues.

I figured out the issue; NDI does not play nice with g-sync on UWP titles such as Gears of War 4. Still worked fine on a few misc steam games I tried out.

Propheto

Basically I can get NDI to capture the gameplay on one machine and stream it on another. The audio is a different matter. This is how I have set it up:

Gaming Rig - Windows Machine
1. Used the plugin to create an output
2. Captured the game

Streaming Machine - Mac high Sierra
1. Created NDI Source
2. Successfully captured the game, however the audio doesn't come through. My plan was to do audio over the streaming machine which doesn't seem to have any lag issues, the two machines are in perfect synch. The only issue I have is that the system audio from the windows machine isn't coming through. I have checked and the system audio is showing up on the gaming rig.

I was wondering if anybody knew what I could do next.

GranolaBob

I just figured out any filters you want to use when splitting audio from the main ndi source as a separate source should be added to the streaming pc's NDI source mic etc, not at the gaming pc, since ndi source is a filter at the source.
So, add audio filters on the streaming pc's obs, not the gaming pc.

mhains

Holy crap you broke my brain. I know nothing of Github or how any of this works. Is there a Win10 installer?